free hit
counters
Introducing the Lotus Elise Cup 250 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Introducing the Lotus Elise Cup 250

TLF News

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I bet that would take the hiss out of the Cayman GT4 on the track and with the carbon pack it looks amazing. What colour is that Bibs?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

A little dear for a sub 4 sec track weapon that can be used as a daily driver too!   Hmmmm, I was thinking it looked like a bloody bargain, especially on 50:50 ;)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Well yes "a little dear" because when I've added the farkles - forged alloys, harness bar, AC, QR steering wheel, carbon pack, sports air filter, towing eyes and fire extinguisher- it'll be over 50 and edging towards an Exige 350 which is 4 secs quicker around Hethel . 

Actually either way then it's made the Exige 350 look good value or given the Elise range a great looking track weapon, that's a little dear ;) 

• Like 1

Black n gold

• Gold FFM

I wouldn't say it was a little dear still, that's a bit like calling it Miss Marple. ;)  It's more Lady Gaga meets Uma Thurmann in my eyes...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephVG said:

Looks fantastic! So this is our Geneva show surprise then, is it?

I guess this year Geneva booth will be a tad bigger than last year's, They have a fair bit to display : Elise Cup 250, Exige Sport 350, 3 Eleven ... Evora roadster maybe delayed until goodwood.  I'm wondering if there's a market out there for that 250 cup engine in a base Exige roadster?   

The 220Cup could be speccd past £50k too but I'm with Arun in knowing that some of the tactile delights on offer surpass even the V6 Exiges on the right (v twisty) road or track. Surprising expensive exotics wouldn't get old either.

However the S350 is in a different catagory and a mighty package in its own right. But I'd like to think that there must be at least 200 discerning people out there with the required priorities out there. I have a feeling that they are in for a treat.

I think it looks amazing - I'd want mine with quite a few of the options though and that would be expensive.

Carbon aero, QR steering wheel, harness bar and harnesses, lightweight forged alloys, towing eyes, sports air filter, matt black roof and fire extinguisher.

Wouldn't bother with ac, just drive with the roof off if it's hot.

It's really the return of the Exige 240S which is cause for celebration in itself.

Lotus are in a class of one for this sort of car. Can't wait to try one.

I think it will be a great car but with all of the really desirable bits, I think it will be too close to sport 350 money - could you really walk past a sport 350 for the sake of a few £k with its 6 cyl engine and beautiful exposed gearbox?

Not sure that I could - that car is an absolute bargain IMHO.

The more I look at it, the more I feel it's expensive for a 250 hp car. A 340 hp Cayman GTS starts at 55k£ and the Boxster, which is more of a rival for this car, was even cheaper.

No matter how much we like Lotus, that's the real-world competition this car might find itself up against.

People in the 'real world' also don't care about stuff like steering feel and balanced control weights. No-one drives a £55k Cayman, they are all £65+ and you're stuck with a Cayman then.

They are such different cars I would be amazed if anyone would find both equally appealing. Your typical Cayman buyer wouldn't even try an Elise Cup and vice versa. Certainly for me an Elise is desirable for its purity, manual interaction and exceptional communication. Not many prioritise such things but those that do are unlikely to end up with a Cayman.

• Gold FFM

£53,700 or there abouts for my ideal ex. discount. So £26k on 50:50? Bloody bargain.

Exige starts at £56k doesn't it.

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

People in the 'real world' also don't care about stuff like steering feel and balanced control weights. No-one drives a £55k Cayman, they are all £65+ and you're stuck with a Cayman then.

They are such different cars I would be amazed if anyone would find both equally appealing. Your typical Cayman buyer wouldn't even try n Elise Cup and vice versa. Certainly for me an Elise is desirable for its purity, manual interaction and exceptional communication. Not many prioritise such things but those that do are unlikely to end up with a Cayman.

Hmmm... I did try an Evora before I bought the 911 GTS I had and I tried an Exige when I got the Cayman R - I think that there's a lot of things that go into a purchase of this nature and whilst I agree that the Lotus products are the last word in handling, they don't have that wonderful flat 6 engine noise and in the past the gear change has left a lot to be desired.  I would definitely consider this as an alternative to a Porsche and be very happy with it in all likelihood especially now NA flat sixes are no more in the Porsche Cayman and Boxster range and we're going to have to put up with turbo flat fours instead.  But I would also say that my Cayman R is a very well-judged balance of handling, ride and comfort for a road car.

mine's about £55k - might as well get a sport 350

Edited by J-P