free hit
counters
Life in the old v8 yet - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Life in the old v8 yet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Alex - thanks the pipes came today ??

so I finished work a bit early today and thought I'd borrow the trailer and get her down the garage

image.jpeg.83241d7bc1b2730f212f29ea487db

spot the obvious problem ...... Bollox - best find a beaver tail transporter.......

• Like 2

Only here once

Ha, I had almost the same problem when my repairer took mine away Barry. It took about three goes but he managed to get it on the trailer without scuffing the rims. He said that in all his time there was only one other car that was so wide it nearly didn't fit!

DSC_0181.JPG

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Did look at that - but it just wasn't going to be great. Trailer had some bolt heads coming through the side wall bits and really didn't fancy taking lumps out of the tyres or alloys

gave up and will ring a man !!

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I now have a pile of stuff...... All from foreign countries !!! The German gaskets came this morning. Now just waiting the uk stuff which I ordered before the German parts !!!

come on delivery men ........... Hurry 

Only here once

Ai Ai ai... Sorry to see the problematic front end on your car Alan. Hopefully it was along time ago and fully repaired.

Barry: yes I know that feeling. I've ordered parts many weeks ago and nothings here yet, so I cannot do the front end setup as I planned to, before Springtime. Would like to see them soon. Very strange. If parts are on the shelves at a dealer, or parts are on the shelves at Lotus, then why not ship them off to the customer right away? Or even offer a fast option (with more expense, I know, but at least an option), so there's no waiting for other customers parts to pile up before shipping? I mean, other brands can do this, so why not lotus? If I order a single washer (20p) for the oil feed line for the G-lader on my Corrado G60, I get it next day, from South Germany. No extra expense.

So, Dear Lotus: WE WANT PARTS!  NOW!

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM
On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 13:58, Barrykearley said:

I now have a pile of stuff...... All from foreign countries !!! The German gaskets came this morning. Now just waiting the uk stuff which I ordered before the German parts !!!

come on delivery men ........... Hurry 

Have you got a date for the unveiling yet? Or is it a moveable target? MBW?

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

The garage needs it for 5-8 days.

sj parcel is being delivered today....

car being recovered to garage tomorrow

@Bibs - need some help on fuel tanks.....

it will be at mbw!!

Only here once

Barry, I administer the parts sale FoC and it takes a lot of time and administration, plus I have work etc which gets in the way I'm afraid. Your order will be sorted as soon as I get time to do it mate, but I've 3 people to close on new jobs today so I actually earn some money, I'm in Geneva tomorrow and at a funeral on Thursday. Sorry to be blunt but please have some patience and your parts will be sorted. 

In the first batch, there were around 50 orders so that's getting it to the factory, seeing what is available, collecting the payment, having the parts delivered to me, arranging shipping, collecting payment for shipping and then shipping the parts and all the associated problems with that for each person in about a dozen different countries. There's another 12 or so that I need to sort out now and you're one of them. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
On 2/25/2016 at 19:20, swindon_alan said:

Ha, I had almost the same problem when my repairer took mine away Barry. It took about three goes but he managed to get it on the trailer without scuffing the rims. He said that in all his time there was only one other car that was so wide it nearly didn't fit!

DSC_0181.JPG.5b80846861dfb2019dcd6d456b7

I get round this problem with placing scaffolding boards on the trailer to lift the car height a bit, it works fine, as I often have to use the same boards to give enough clearance to load the car. I now have a perfect pair stashed in the man cave for just that purpose. The two shorter ones I have have dual purpose. They also sit perfect on the tailgate of my van and can be used to slide an engine in or out of the van when you have no assistance. Job done.

• Gold FFM

image.thumb.jpeg.54e3b23616fa6e2e7192b43

and off to Dave at Dna automotive she goes......

Progress will be posted up. Garage now looking a little empty - must get on with the herald now

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 2/21/2016 at 21:47, Barrykearley said:
A918E0121F.jpg?mod=10

im struggling to see the value in that !!! It's m10 x 35mm !! FFS

The standard studs often snap, I replaced mine with ARP studs a while back. They weren't cheap either but are high quality rolled threads and should last, I wouldn't scrimp in this area otherwise you will be replacing studs soon and that's not easy to do with the engine in situ.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It's filthy and muddy here - and outside the garage is like a bog...... That's my excuse - and I just can't clean a knackered car!

will get a couple of loads of stone delivered in the spring to stop this sort of occurrence.......

and when she works - I will polish polish polish....... She's in my bad books after pissin out £60 of super unleaded all over the garage floor :angry: 

she also needs new lotus badges, front bumper respray and respray on the nose where some toerag stole the front badge

as for studs - I've opted for some high grade cosworth stainless ones - so hopefully they should be ok.

had some nice hid units arrive today - will try them in the van tonight. Just waiting for the replacement lights for the front to see if they are ok before ordering another two. I need one mounting frame thing for a 5.75" lamp if anyone has a spare they wish to sell.

Only here once

barry

looking good and congrats on the new purchase and glad to see you are hitting it at full speed and getting a nice car back on the road.

number plates pretty cool too.:)

good luck and wish you the best with this project. i so look forward to spannering on mine again when i get the time again <_<

• Like 1

A

• Gold FFM

Think Daves now broken !!! He will be good to go again today though. 

I've gotta slip across there today to repair some parts of the loom that look like it need attention apparently. I'd rather not have problems later. 

Hopefully tanks will be out later so we can assess the plan for these. It would also seem that I need a new shopping list as the engine mounts will need replacing. Think at least one of them had the good news with the angle grinder!! 

At least now the belts, turbo pipes and manifold studs will be easier. Apparently there's not much holding them manifolds on !!

Only here once