free hit
counters
Life in the old v8 yet - Page 33 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

I'm eyeing up a nice SE, an S4 and fancy an Elise.

so I'd like one esprit and one Elise just for fun. The v8 is awesome - but for me it's not as much as a drivers car as a 4cyl turbo car

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick wash And she's home......  

How true. The current Mrs H is only 5'6.

Some minor hiccups - but yes the car is now back running...... fun and games bleeding the radiator and getting all the air out - but all sorted. it sounds bloody awesome - engine sounds abso

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Nothing's certain except death and taxes.........or now in my case esprit ownership.  I do like to work the drive - so a 4pot is a far better match.

my educational course this week merely confirmed that fact. Yes a bit quick in the van and 4 hrs being bored. But if it had been in something else - well that would have been a months rest at home with the wife and THE list

Only here once

• Name: Barry
  • Car:  1998 esprit v8 that roars....... it does honest - just can't drive it down the road

Sez who?

Image result for fred flintstone car

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I now have another project firmly insight - so anyone want to buy a lovely sorted v8 - I may well be up for a deal........

:(

12 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

so I'd like one esprit and one Elise just for fun. The v8 is awesome - but for me it's not as much as a drivers car as a 4cyl turbo car

Go S4s Barry. If you can find one. Then you and Ian can be proper chums...

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Moi ? Piss take ?? Nahhhh.:rofl:

Something's gotta cheer me up when I've broke my car.....

anyone that's got an esprit must be bloody mad frankly. Walked past her in the garage today, even in bits she looks horny

• Like 1

Only here once

15 minutes ago, Choppa said:

Barry, I saw this at the Classic Car Show on Friday - a bit of motivation for you perhaps...

IMG_2425.JPG

This V8 I take it...?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-v8/5560091

• Gold FFM

If that's the same car as I think it is - it's an utter utter heap.

cam belts are beyond ancient - 8 years old I believe.... it's only just hanging together as a car.

you do indeed get what you pay for - I'm not gonna start talking about manifold studs, turbos and the costs in sorting that little mess out.

Only here once

Yes, that's the one, saw it yesterday at the show.

Needs a bit of work, from a glance into the boot, no carpet, missing fuse box cover, missing battery cover, dirty plenum. And it's described as well maintained. Overall, you could only describe it as tatty. So I'd dread to think what it's like mechanically, but Esprits are like a box of chocolates.... you never know what yer gonna get....!!!!

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

That's the reason the engine bays not in any pictures.

job list - will be just as punishing as mine if not more so. The wheels are hand painted by a blind chimpanzee with a small kitten as well 

Only here once

Any joy with parts for the box,  may be worth a call to SWLC, I was speaking to James Webb yesterday, he was delivering a gearbox on the way to the show, thay have a huge stock of second hand spares. Just saying.....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

"The Type 918 engine was de-tuned from a potential 500 bhp to 350 bhp to prevent gearbox damage."

:whistle:

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

53 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

"The Type 918 engine was de-tuned from a potential 500 bhp to 350 bhp to prevent gearbox damage."

:whistle:

Unless you have the Quaife upgrade of course.

Oh wait...

B-)

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

21 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

If the SE is sorted then it's a no-brainer. 

The S4 is fantastically comfortable and civilised. But maybe too much so. And it has that damned PAS. And those revised curvy lines.

No no, get the Turbo SE in its boxy goodness. Smack a S4s chip in there for extra refinement. You won't miss your v8. Promise. 

58 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Unless you have the Quaife upgrade of course.

Oh wait...

B-)

didn't you need new pistons and conrods for a safe 500 hp? I don't think it was just the 'box limiting the production engine. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

You guys always forget the no-brainer best of breed: GT3, natch.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

52 minutes ago, Sparky said:

You guys always forget the no-brainer best of breed: GT3, natch.

You say that like they grow on trees!

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Trying to get their goat, are you?

Image result for cars stuck in trees

• Like 2

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.