free hit
counters
Life in the old v8 yet - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Life in the old v8 yet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It's dry - smell now dying down.

image.jpeg.99809f66534c6d916e9b108fd1adcOther than its black and messy it looks pretty much like it did before.

and a trial fit in the garage - oh yes - fits lovely....... Just got to dig out the contact adhesive for the black trim doofer strip thingy - and I can fit that side. Will do the other side tomorrow.......

Only here once

I once developed a cheesegrater valance with an exit on each end. I'll try and dig out some pictures of it.

Lotus also made a sports exhaust which sounds much better with sports cats.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

cheers David...... Going to try some straight pipes - and see how that sounds to me.....

need this bloody engine out and a pile of bits.......I can't wait :bounce:

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Right - really is this right ???

A918E0121F is a 35mm m10 stud that goes between turbo and manifold.........

listed as £23.60 each on sj sportscars......... Really ????

Only here once

I wouldn't recommend that. Studs are used for a reason in aluminium alloy. Lots of years spent on motorbike engines says that you shouldn't screw into alloy directly for high tension fixings. Stripped threads and helicoils are a pain in the arse. Studs are good. 

Don't see the problem with getting some mild or stainless rod and running a die down either end myself Barry :thumbup:

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

ive ordered some nice stainless ones with aeronuts for the manifolds - good enough for cosworth......

the shopping list is growing @swindon_alan and yes there's some k&n filters on it as well 

• Like 1

Only here once

10 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

I wouldn't recommend that. Studs are used for a reason in aluminium alloy. Lots of years spent on motorbike engines says that you shouldn't screw into alloy directly for high tension fixings. Stripped threads and helicoils are a pain in the arse. Studs are good. 

Don't see the problem with getting some mild or stainless rod and running a die down either end myself Barry :thumbup:

Apologies DanR, just noticed that this was manifold to turbo, so unless the manifolds are alloy (Barry?), I concur. Stainless bolts fine.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Manifolds are cast - as is the turbo housing - the block of course is alloy.......

I've sorted the m8 into the alloy block - will order the m10 tomorrow once I've looked at where they are in the flesh so to speak

Only here once

Barry,

Try the sources Alan has suggested. If you get stuck or they are on a long lead in time, then I have two brand new genuine ones on my shelf. You can use these and replace them as Iong as I get genuine ones back.

Regards,

David

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Thanks @superdavelotus I've ordered the genuine ones from Germany. I will take you up on your kind offer if they don't appear before the car needs its belts attending to.

just awaiting the postman......... 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Cheers Alex :thumbsup:

manifold m8 and turbo m10 studs came today.....just waiting the box of goodies from sj, the plenum gaskets from Germany and hopefully some tanks from bibs/lotus......

car should be at the garage Friday afternoon all being well. :animier:

Only here once