free hit
counters
Esprit S4s with a 920 Engine ? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit S4s with a 920 Engine ?

Hi everybody,

A very strange thing with my S4s here,

the VIN Code is SCC082920THF44164

--> 920 meaning that the engine is the 2.0Liter 240bhp ??

How could it be possible on a S4s ? I though all were mounted with the same 2.2 Engine ? :D

Thx for your answers,

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

There are many S4 and S4s (and GT3 of course ;o) with a 2.0 litre engine. The S4 and S4s produced for countries like Italy, Greece, Turkey .... were fitted with a 2.0 litre engine very regularly for tax reasons, because in these countries the tax is quite steep for engines that have more than 2 litre displacement. You can also see this pattern with Ferrraris and many other cars.

Cheers

Marcus

www.PUKesprit.de

Hi everybody,

A very strange thing with my S4s here,

the VIN Code is SCC082920THF44164

--> 920 meaning that the engine is the 2.0Liter 240bhp ??

How could it be possible on a S4s ? I though all were mounted with the same 2.2 Engine ? :D

Thx for your answers,

Marcus

Hi,

There are many S4 and S4s (and GT3 of course ;o) with a 2.0 litre engine. The S4 and S4s produced for countries like Italy, Greece, Turkey .... were fitted with a 2.0 litre engine very regularly for tax reasons, because in these countries the tax is quite steep for engines that have more than 2 litre displacement. You can also see this pattern with Ferrraris and many other cars.

Cheers

Marcus

www.PUKesprit.de

Yah it's true for SE & S4, but I thought all S4s where mecanichally identical ??? +V

Technical Data from my owner book :

Max. power :

- S4

2.2 Litre 197kw (264 bhp) at 6,500 rpm (DIN)

2.0 Litre 186kw (250 bhp) at 6,250 rpm (DIN)

- S4s

213kw (285 bhp) at 6,400 rpm (ISO)

Apparently all S4s deliver the same power ???

Edited by Grandsport

Here is a link with an S4S for sale with a 2.0l and 422 HP. ( must be at the crankshaft ! :P )

No pic though. BUT 6 speed !

What is the max HP a 2.0l can deliver ? :D

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/detai...tsg_detail_text

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Here is a link with an S4S for sale with a 2.0l and 422 HP. ( must be at the crankshaft ! :D )

No pic though. BUT 6 speed !

What is the max HP a 2.0l can deliver ? :)

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/detai...tsg_detail_text

:P:P:P

Year 2000, 1200Kg & 2.0L, must be a GT3 ?

Hi All,

This ad is somewhat strange, istnt it ?

- S4s first registered in 2000 ???

- only 1200kg ??? Did they remove the interiour ?

- 6 speed gearbox ??? Yes there is one available now. Its a six speed dog box (not sequential). I only know of one customer here in Germany who got one installed in his V8.

- no pics ???

IMHO, if you really do a lot to the 2.0 litre engine you will get about 350 HP ...

Cheers

Marcus

:P:D:P

Year 2000, 1200Kg & 2.0L, must be a GT3 ?

Marcus

only 350bhp, thats only 100bhp more than standard? nitrous gave me 100bhp LOL. seriously though i would have thought alot more, as its technically there stringest engine

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

The 350HP is the classic-route*, without nitro-injection, of course.

* bigger most efficient high flow turbo, higher max. boost, free intake and exhaust path, optimized c/cooling ... keeping the stock ECU (with customized chip-code)

Cheers

Marcus

only 350bhp, thats only 100bhp more than standard? nitrous gave me 100bhp LOL. seriously though i would have thought alot more, as its technically there stringest engine

Marcus

meaning 250bhp ? and 260-270bhp with the overboost at 1.0bar ?

Hi I have an 920 SE with 250 bhp at 0,97 bar( 302Nm, way down on torque compared to the 2.2). Overboost shall be a 1.06 (figures from Lotus, power not specified at this boost by lotus but I guess about 8-10 more bhp).

The GT3 engine have different mapping atleast compared to the Se and S4 2.0 engines.

The S4S 2.0 shall have 280 BHP @ 0.8 Bar & 295 BHP @ 1.0 Bar (Overboost) and fairly similar torque to the 2.2 engine but higher up obviously. ( figures given by South West Lotus Centre).

I can't verify these for the S4s but it is atleast something to go by.

:-)

joakim

I *might* have one, I certainly have the S4 2.0L brochure, I might have the S4s 2.0L too, unfortunately both of them are in Italy and I am in Ireland now, so I will have to check next time I get home...

Remind me to check!

Jollyroger

• 4 weeks later...
I *might* have one, I certainly have the S4 2.0L brochure, I might have the S4s 2.0L too, unfortunately both of them are in Italy and I am in Ireland now, so I will have to check next time I get home...

Remind me to check!

Jollyroger

Hi jollyroger !

A small reminder for you to check if you can the S4s brochure !

Thx, ++ GrandSport

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...