free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 105 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Was it - signatures almost at 100,000 now, where they have consider it for debate in parliament - that should one of the more fun items on the agenda, although I doubt it would be debated, but stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

I do think petitions are useless in many many ways but I do feel the larger ones can help sway the mind of the MPs. 

Im sure a lot of MPs have the London mind set where they believe nobody would want for example a no deal. The recent large petition calling for a no deal may make them wonder how many people actually support and vote for them or not depending on their persuasion on such topics.

buddsy 

17.2 million people couldn't sway the minds of the majority of MP's so a petition is a waste of everyones time.

The only thing that will grab their attention is not being re-elected in a general election.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neal H said:

17.2 million people couldn't sway the minds of the majority of MP's so a petition is a waste of everyones time.

The only thing that will grab their attention is not being re-elected in a general election.

I think there will be carnage come the next GE - on both sides of the house. They all sound know it all smug bastards when being interviewed on the Radio but how many will actually be out of a job come the day for not delivering what the electorate told them to?

• Like 1

Yes it seems mad to me Corbyn thinking he will gain if he forces an election?

I see labour, Conservative & lib dems (who are they???) being decimated by anyone else be it a Brexit party, a Ukip type, far right or even monster raving loony party. 

I still think the Labour leader should have come out at some point and said what side he would place Labour on. Nobody know...other that against what ever Mrs May says

buddsy

• Like 1

Roll on next Friday 

• Like 1

I took your suggestion for using it as lube. It doesn't work..........Owch.

Just to check I wasn't using it wrong I used it to shave with.....it definately doesn't work though it hides the gushing blood.

I tried it on my bike chain....nope

On my locks and door hinges......what a mess

I then realised you meant to use it as lubricating your throat. Sadly I was in jail by then on suspicion of drink driving cause I smelled like a brewery!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Inserted or ingested? Confused of Norfolk 😘

If you ingest enough I often find something gets inserted eventually!   Equally confused, but of Scotland, but, that's only because I've been doing a load of thinking. Which hurts my head more than ingesting lubrication does.

3 years ago we all had the chance, as the people of the UK to have a vote on whether we go or stay.

The biggest turnout of people in the history of votes for the people decided we should go.

Ah ha, 2 years later we hear "but no, what we really need is a people's vote".

Because the biggest turn out of people, ever, did not in reality mean that the people had had a chance to have their say and have a vote.

How can this be.

Well, there are 65m people in the UK.  46.5m were eligible to vote, but only 33.5m could be arsed to vote! But hey, that's still a 72% turnout of the people who are eligible. And of that number over 17m voted to go. But that wasn't a people's vote? No? Really?

At this point, my head hurts as I would like to say to Mr. Cable and his ilk - well and truly get to fook you useless doddering morons for suggesting we need a "people's vote" given the above.

But then my head hurts more as I'd like to say to Mr. Corbyn and his ilk - when are you actually going to take that fence from out of your backside and actually find the principles that you obviously lost in a haystack and do the right thing for this country and her people, as opposed to your own selfish good.

Now, I must have ingested a lot as my head is really hurting now. As I would not like to say anything to Mogg and the his ERG cronies. I would just like to wave them off as they set sail on a small boat, safe in the knowledge that I had pulled the plug out of the bottom of the hull.

Buy hey. it will all be good. Cause Brexit means Brexit. Which actually means we will never agree on anything. We'll spend 3 years shouting at each other. We'll spend hundreds, neh, billions of pounds on not being prepared. And we'll act all surprised and cry out for more time when the deadline finally arrives, as well, it wasn't really a deadline was it. More a speck on the horizon. A bit like that speck on the horizon that became an iceberg that took out the unsinkable ship.

Oh well. Must be time for a people's vote. For the people who had their say but lost to have another chance to have their say and lose again. Wow, but hey, maybe they win. But the turnout will be less than the previous record breaking 72%. So we will cry - injustice! This cannae be right. There are 65m people in the Uk and only 30 something million of them voted so it was not a people's vote. The people need a vote to choose the right path.

Roll forward to 2047. I'm 80. My head's stopped hurting, even though we are on people's vote number 28. But that's because I'm now dead, and thankfully, I no longer need to worry anymore about a people's vote or that Brexit pish.

• Like 1

I have a Twitter account. I don't follow many other Twitterers on there, mainly people, a few ski resorts and some motoring stuff - but a couple of the larger news agencies too. A while ago I used the site's inbuilt censoring system to mute and/or block posts that contain the B-word. I can't begin to explain how much more pleasant the user experience is now. :D  

12 minutes ago, Advantage said:

I have a Twitter account. I don't follow many other Twitterers on there, mainly people, a few ski resorts and some motoring stuff - but a couple of the larger news agencies too. A while ago I used the site's inbuilt censoring system to mute and/or block posts that contain the B-word. I can't begin to explain how much more pleasant the user experience is now. :D  

I'm sure @Bibs would be only too willing to show you how to unfollow threads on here too! :harhar:

You misunderstand the point I was making. On here and another site the debate is reasoned, calm and informed. On Twitter it's OHMYGODTHESKYISFALLINGDOWNWEREALLDOOMEDNASTYEVILTORIESAREALLRACISTS over and over again. Hence the reason for avoiding such nonsense on that platform. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The people of the South West are now mobilising for these long threatened protests - well 1 is! 😂. Is Barry on holiday in Cornwall at the moment?

54372033_2115447131864593_7882428739613622272_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

I see Macron is trying to flex his very weak muscles :sleeping:

Well, they must be very weak since he hasn’t got the backbone to sort out his own country’s problems and tries to seeks solitude by creating diversions whilst hoping to flash his manhood at Merkel

I still think there is a less than 1% chance of a no-deal/Hard (call it what you want) Brexit next week. 

It's everything thereafter we need to worry about (on both sides of the debate). 

• Like 1

There is a very real prospect that we will actually leave on the 29th. Macron has already stated he will veto an extension - so maybe he has finally got something right - since let’s face it if you watch the bbc everything is peachy in Paris.

May is playing a blinder at ensuring she pisses absolutely everyone off and the MV3 just gets canned.

hence - by default out we go into the wilderness.

paradise here we come 👍

Nah, Macron just does as he is told to do by Merkel.

No backbone, he just likes shooting his mouth off to try to convince others  that he’s a somebody. This was the point behind my “weak muscles”  post above.

The EU are still trying to engineer the Brexit process towards a further referendum by hoping that Parliament will still vote May’s deal down and then vote for a long extension rather than no deal exit. The EU will then stipulate that a long extension will be conditional on a new referendum.

The EU are now firmly in the driving seat!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

The EU are still trying to engineer the Brexit process towards a further referendum

Exactly.

I cant understand why people are even considering we will leave with no deal. It is just never going to happen because the people who actually control things on both sides dont want it. The wishes of the people long since became irrelevant since the Gina Miller intervention.

The powers that be will engineer a second vote which will result in remaining. I disagree with Corbyn on almost everything but one thing I do admire him for is he has made a stand against these people, but he will eventually buckle.

I completely agree with @PaulCP and @Andyww MP's will vote down May's deal again next week (assuming they can even get it to vote stage) and the EU will then grant a long extention on proviso the UK holds a second referendum. Remaining has always been the goal of the politians in both the EU and UK. Their only problem will then be if the UK votes leave again, but given the sustained anti-Brexit assault from the establishment and media over the past three years, they have good reason to think that won't happen again.