free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 106 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

41 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Remaining has always been the goal of the politians in both the EU and UK. Their only problem will then be if the UK votes leave again, but given the sustained anti-Brexit assault from the establishment and media over the past three years, they have good reason to think that won't happen again.

Agree 100% except all the polls are showing it yet again too tight to get a fag paper between. I wouldn't support another vote and have already sent emails to my local MP, but would love for them to have another and lose by an even bigger margin!! I for one will vote leave again and if they get a minor result to remain then will be demanding another vote and will Vote UKIP until I get what I want despite them being a one trick Pony. I genuinely think that will be the only way to get a real Exit from the EU. However the Govt know they will be facing civil unrest should they suddenly remain and I know many people who will take to the streets. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bookmakers offering 20/1 no deal

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

It was at 4/1 last night before the EU came to the rescue. 

Actually you can still get 11/4 at the moment on no deal. 

You can also get 5/2 on Art50 being revoked. 

Think 20/1 on Betfair is a better deal😎

The bank of Spain has warned that the new government after the forthcoming general election should expect an economic downturn due to certain events such as brexit

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neal H said:

I completely agree with @PaulCP and @Andyww MP's will vote down May's deal again next week (assuming they can even get it to vote stage) and the EU will then grant a long extention on proviso the UK holds a second referendum. Remaining has always been the goal of the politians in both the EU and UK. Their only problem will then be if the UK votes leave again, but given the sustained anti-Brexit assault from the establishment and media over the past three years, they have good reason to think that won't happen again.

If there was the possibility of a remain vote - rest assured we would already have had it.

my gut feel is the outcome will be just the same - possibly a bigger leave margin - since many remain voters actually respect the democratic process and have also seen the reprehensible behaviour of the eu over the last few years

• Like 1

Only here once

I don’t think we know that. 

One tging is clear though I think a leave campaign would be hard to beat given that they woul mobilise fast and have a very clear message which will resonate (however wrong I think it would be)

by by the way the EU has been perfectly proper in the negotiations (apart from the silly dance) . The UK on the other hand has been a sham.

Edited by JG220
  • Like 1

Proper? Have you seen Mr Junker ? He’s like Norman Wisdom who’s been on the sherry all day

Only here once

All the people I know who voted leave would do so again but there are many people who have no strong views on the EU, or anything else for that matter, and will believe all the crap being spouted about people dying owing to medicine shortages etc. 

Furthermore in the first referendum probably almost all leavers actually voted but a far lower percentage of remainers voted. They will all be out there next time, especially younger people who are also being leaned-on by the universities and other bodies which heavily benefit from remaining.

I would guess if held now, it would be 60% remain unfortunately. Then the other issue is they might try to split the leave vote by offering 2 leave options. It would be contemptible if they did that but wouldnt put it past them.

Also remember that it was the older generation which voted predominantly for Leave and the younger generation that voted predominantly to Remain. 3 years on and 1.5 million UK citizens have since died, mainly from the older group. Secondly 2 million extra youngsters would now be eligible to vote in any potential second referendum. Even if none of the original voters changed their minds, the result of a second vote today would most likely now be heading in Remain’s favour.

Oh the young - forgot them - they all of course have been brainwashed by the media.

however - it really doesn’t take long to find huge swathes of young people whom can see the subversion of our democracy and will be voting leave! 

Dont believe the media bias

Only here once

So what the last 3 or 4 posts are essentially saying is that the 3 years of stalling and procrastination have actually, or most possibly, been enough to scupper the democratic outcome at the time.  Just wow.

I am starting to ponder, in a jokey manner as I do, that @JG220 is possibly the offspring of a late afternoon, post lunch, collaboration between a certain Mr. Junckers and Ms. Merkel!  But then I did cuss myself for having such stupid and obviously incorrect ponders as he drives a Lotus, and not a German car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I really do not understand this argument that X amount of people have died since the decision was mad and X amount of new people have entered the voting population as a justification of a new vote. At what point does this become valid and under what criteria. If people want to use this argument they need to be able to justify it in a quantifiable and provable manner and it needs to be implemented for all UK laws and rulings - after all we need to be fair and even handed. Please can anyone who believes in this argument justify this in any meaningful way - I bet you can't. And of course this will need to keep repeating.

We seem to be in an era where collective decision making is only allowed when it aligns itself with the individual, which is impossible.

As a note I suspect that peoples view changes with age (mine certainly has), younger people tend to be more left wing in their youth and as they grow older they mellow become and finally become more right wing (generalisation I know). So grumpy old farts popping their clogs tend to be replaced with others who become grumpy old farts. Looking at the demographic of this web site perhaps the members of this website could be used as a case study 😜. So the above argument may not be as helpful for the remain outcome as some may think.

Oh - and another whinge, how can someone come onto a news channel and say that Ireland voted to remain, Scotland and Wales voted to remain and if you look the rest as a whole they voted to remain. So we should remain if we are being fair. And they gave this person airtime and didn't haul her over the coals and require her to justify the statement and explain how she came to that conclusion. If we do not follow the decision of the referendum democracy in this country is well and truly screwed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

So what the last 3 or 4 posts are essentially saying is that the 3 years of stalling and procrastination have actually, or most possibly, been enough to scupper the democratic outcome at the time.  Just wow.

I am starting to ponder, in a jokey manner as I do, that @JG220 is possibly the offspring of a late afternoon, post lunch, collaboration between a certain Mr. Junckers and Ms. Merkel!  But then I did cuss myself for having such stupid and obviously incorrect ponders as he drives a Lotus, and not a German car.

😁 

I’ve got 3 German cars too 😜 (is the Vx German or French? - I’ll go German given it was under Opel ownership when it was made, and only sold to PSA in 2017iirc)

I’m a model European 😉

47 minutes ago, JG220 said:

I’m a model European 😉

Ive not been brainwashed into losing my cultural roots

im a white working  class English male - which frankly makes me a bigoted racist xenophobic individual if you look at the media

And politically unrepresented by any party 

• Like 1

Only here once

Neither have I, I can just see the bigger picture. I can be British and European. Though increasingly, i'm embarrassed about the former. 

Another good article:

https://www.ft.com/content/5f3df8bc-4c03-11e9-bde6-79eaea5acb64?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6&fbclid=IwAR0orTI-UmbT9wrW60tHPvWpiuEPRS-qnm4eNBsU-2h_wH3aMdXBvJNMqx4

• Like 1

Ahh the media campaign over the last decade has worked a treat on you then if it’s eroding your British pride.

posting media articles is almost pointless as being a leave voter - i obviously can’t read

Only here once

2 hours ago, JG220 said:

Though increasingly, i'm embarrassed about the former. 

Maybe you're really the love child of Lilly Allan and will now go forth and apologise to the world on our behalf!

There's still time for you to move to Europe, I'll even help you by hiring a van for you. Go on now, toddle off. We wouldn't want you to be any more embarrassed than you need to be. If we hurry, we can get you there for lunch before Daddy Juncker finishes all the wine.

I can see a big picture too by the way. It's just different to the one you can see and in my opinion better. I find it a bit sharper than yours. A little more adventurous.  The brush strokes used are better defined, strong, and give a feeling of confidence and have an air of aspiration about them. It just looks to me more authentic. More honest. Whilst at the same time reducing the opaque and the translucent.  As such, I'm not embarrassed by it. Shame you can't see it, I am sure it is altogether better than the one you are looking at. A Munch isn't it, yours? A fine observation on the Norway deal, in its own way too.

image.jpeg.ab07f53e0b95b17edd78f450662ebd7c.jpeg

• Love 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

The DHL guy who picks up from us daily gives a very "out of the bubble" view of why he voted leave.

In the old days he said, companies valued drivers and offered perks and benefits to keep them, including pay rises above minimum wage. There was a shortage of drivers and there was job security.

Now, DHL have a huge supply of drivers, like a kind of infinite header tank, just open the tap and more appear as there are an unlimited number available from the EU countries. So no benefits, min wage and if you are seen to put a foot wrong, you are given the boot. The Polish drivers live 3 or 4 in a room. Most of them are counting the employment days which qualify them for full UK benefits.

Not forgetting the child allowance they get for their children that are not even in this country. !!!!!  

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

There's still time for you to move to Europe, I'll even help you by hiring a van for you. Go on now, toddle off. We wouldn't want you to be any more embarrassed than you need to be. If we hurry, we can get you there for lunch before Daddy Juncker finishes all the wine.

Is that really necessary? :(

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Maybe you're really the love child of Lilly Allan and will now go forth and apologise to the world on our behalf!

I can see a big picture too by the way. It's just different to the one you can see and in my opinion better. I find it a bit sharper than yours. A little more adventurous.  The brush strokes used are better defined, strong, and give a feeling of confidence and have an air of aspiration about them. It just looks to me more authentic. More honest. Whilst at the same time reducing the opaque and the translucent.  As such, I'm not embarrassed by it. Shame you can't see it, I am sure it is altogether better than the one you are looking at. A Munch isn't it, yours? A fine observation on the Norway deal, in its own way too.

image.jpeg.ab07f53e0b95b17edd78f450662ebd7c.jpeg

That’s a pretty unpleasant post isn’t it. You both have opinions that you hold strongly but this post more resembles adolescent bullying . 

Black n gold