free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 113 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yeah, couple of years ago, but it didn't count, apparently.

• Haha 1

Only cos you like me and many others were too ill informed to make a decision apparently.

Now I’m sure you are far better informed - and will vote just the same way as the first time round

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Anyone voted yet?

Yep. Not that they’ll take any notice.

Long old list of candidates. A veritable Eurovision list of talent to choose from.

By the way is this Graham Brady chap the acting Prime Minister? He seems to be pulling all the Tory strings these days.

• Like 1

Just seen on the news pages that an 81 year old ex para Brexit supporter was milkshaked earlier today by a young thug 

Funny how the morale high ground, "higher intelligence" liberal ( bollocks to brexit ) remainers are the ones resorting to these tactics. Ho hum... Who sang that song about "true colours" in the 80s?

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 14:02, Kimbers said:

Listened to 5 Live "Debate" on the way to the Office this morning.

Nicky Campbell asking questions about Climate change to candidates of EU Elctions:

So Mr (Green Party)
So Mrs (Lib Dems)
So Mr (Tory)
So Mr (Labour)
Brexit "Before I ask you to comment farage has denied Climate change"......

Then about Immigration:

So Mr (Green Party)
So Mrs (Lib Dems)
So Mr (Tory)
So Mr (Labour)
Brexit "We know what you think after Farage has been pictures infront of Right wing posters"......

In the end the Candidate said "Thanks for pre-framing all my questions to make me look bad.

Few years back I was listening to five live and Nicky Campbell was reporting from the “ cunt kentryside” he obviously meant “ Kent Countryside “ 

The first one reflects his professionalism best IMO. ✌️

11 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

And the £39bn can be spent on domestic things like care for the mentally ill or children with special needs.

Absolutely spot on.

Remain camp and numpties like Cable should be ashamed at the public money that has been squandered as a result of their intransigence. Shameful self interest in my humblest of opinions.

Just been watching the BBC EU Election program, I am surprised no one has walked out, it has just become a blatant Labour party political broadcast. 😬

How does the sourbry get on the bbc this morning?

The electorate has shown she is an irrelevance.

sky news is a lot more amusing this morning 

Looking through the results, the win by number of seats by the Brexit party is stunning. Then if you look deeper into the actual number of votes cast its quite incredible. Some of the margins they won by are massive.

This quite clearly gives the lie to the verdicts from some, that many leavers have changed their minds.

• Like 1

I believe that Europe will have to change.Also in Italy the vote  has  rewarded the parties that want to change the European rules. I don't think it is a step backwards for the European peoples however Europe will certainly be weaker without the England. Perhaps Germany should think about it.....

Just listening to the politicians I don't think they have learnt anything from this. All parties were thrashed by a party that is a matter of 6 weeks old lead by someone who many don't really like or trust. The Lib Dems got nearly 1/2 of the seats the Brexit Party but are claiming a total victory (just waiting for them to start claiming PR is not fair), the Labour party are going to demand another referendum with the option to Remain, the Conservatives are still ripping themselves apart (Rory Stewart demanding No Deal is still off the table and has been nicknamed 'The suicide bomber'). The Green party are saying there is no mandate to Leave the EU after last nights results (don't know what they have been smoking). What is the bet we are still in the EU at the end of the year?

What a bunch of self-serving self-delusional whatnames.

One quote was that the parties do not need to worry about the Brexit party as they will suffer the same outcome as UKIP did with no real impact on UK parliament after the last election.

• Like 1

Sums up the actions (or should that be inactions?) and rhetoric of the main political parties for me - 

FF3F94FD-9BE6-4195-9DDE-948A180142BF.jpeg

• Like 1

Serious question for once. After his latest outburst, is John Bercow, the speaker of the House, the biggest threat currently to UK democracy?

So Boris is being summonsed.

there are very dark and corrupt games at play here

I dont have much time for Boris but this is ridiculous and yes, it is part of the stop Brexit plan of the Gina Miller gang. This was a campaign slogan, nothing more.

Now that Carlsberg have admitted their lager probably isnt the best lager in the world, are they going to be prosecuted for all the years they were telling us it was?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

So Boris is being summonsed.

there are very dark and corrupt games at play here

What with this, Labour going all Spartacus on us, the Conservatives slowly going deaf to the EU election results, Berkow throwing a potential spanner in the works it looks like the rest of the year could be a real disaster for the country. 

I think these odds say it all:

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/brexit

Never bet on the favourite at the bookies 👍

This bell end Mr Ball who has crowd funded this action  has stated “Democracy demands responsibility and honest leadership from those in public office”. Can i suggest that Mr Ball serves a summons on the other 649 MP’s, as based on his statement  they should all be in the dock!!!