free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 126 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

EU Diplomats say the Johnson deal is surprisingly better than they thought it would be.

Meanwhile Labour and the Liberals (Won't call them democrats cause theres nothing democratic about them) state they will block it in parliament and ensure it doesn't go through.

So basically, instead of doing whats best for the country they are playing politics to oust someone who will only get back in again at the next General Election. If anyone needs any more proof that the majority of MP's are only out for themselves they have it here.

That is the main point, if we end up leaving without a deal the fault lies entirely with those in Parliament, led in the main by comrade Corbyn, who are out just to oppose whatever is put on front of them by the opposition. 

Corbyn, in addition to his vested and selfish desires to be PM, wants out anyway so his tactics are to hopefully blame a no deal on the Conservatives hoping that the electorate forget that he is the one instructing Labour MPs to vote with him. It will be interesting to see how many Labour MPs ignore the whip next time around.

Forget this”Benn law” crap about making a no deal against the law. They tend to ignore the fact that any requested extension has to be agreed by the EU and I think they have no had enough of the idiots in Parliament who can’t see beyond the end of their noses.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

With regards to getting a deal (any deal) done, it really strikes me that everyone is utterly clueless. IF the UK leaves the EU with NO DEAL then the Border between Eire and Northern Ireland will HAVE to have border controls - just as there will be between England and France. Why can they not see (ignoring the Remoaners!) that any solution, be-it Boris's or Teresa May's, is going to result in a compromise if we are in actual fact going to do anything that looks like leaving.

The backstop was rejected because it wasn't 'leave' enough. I actually think BoJo may have pulled this one out of the bag - unfortunately, will those 40 odd ex-Conservative MPs now support this new deal (were it ever to get to Parliament?). Without them , even if the ERG could support the new arrangement,  I'm still not sure Boris has the numbers - however, losing this deal because of Parliamentary discord may well significantly increase BoJos chances come a GE.

Imagine a FTSE 100 Company with a Board of Directors who behaved like MPs in Parliament. It wouldn't last 10 minutes! Who wants to re-Nationalise anything and grant control to this lot of total F*CKWITS

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

7 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Forget this”Benn law” crap about making a no deal against the law. They tend to ignore the fact that any requested extension has to be agreed by the EU and I think they have no had enough of the idiots in Parliament who can’t see beyond the end of their noses.

They will though, because they don’t want us to leave, but even better, in the interim they get the best of both worlds, we are still in so they get the benefit, whilst we don’t as we’re busy shooting ourselves in the foot. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

\we have a farce of a Country right now and and a farce of an institution that should be attending to the will of the people. Now this. MP's going to Judges to get the PM imprisoned should he actually do what the public voted for.

This is a new low for this country, or any country and sets a new mow in how low MP's will go to thwart democracy and secure their own selfish ends.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49924755

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On 03/10/2019 at 18:20, SFO said:

I wish U.K. news media would focus less on what EU wants and more on how unacceptable it is for the EU to demand that we, in effect, concede sovereignty on Northern Ireland to the EU. 

Yes i find it amazing that they insist that ireland has no borders because it is EU but they are happy that NI has a border with it’s own country!  Go figure. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

I saw an MEP saying we if Brexit it not delivered on 31 we should withhold all taxes.

No taxation without representation.

buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

On 04/10/2019 at 22:20, Buddsy said:

I saw an MEP saying we if Brexit it not delivered on 31 we should withhold all taxes.

No taxation without representation.

buddsy

I’ve been suggesting we withhold our council tax until brexit is delivered.

• Love 1

Sorry to raise this subject again but if this entry in the Telegraph is true I just do not understand how anyone can support or defend these EU's practices. Please can someone explain how this can be acceptable.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb&fbclid=IwAR2Gw7RXuj4U8dghKDJst2vw9ITGEHd7YWG9Izvnk1O860p3mgWETeJ2UKY

• Like 2

I’m a Remainer, but, like everyone else, have had enough of the nonsense. Therefore I think Parliament should vote Boris’ Brexit deal through on Saturday so that we can all move on. Whether they will or not though...

• Like 1

It will all depend on how many Labour MPs are going to vote with their own mind and defy their antagonistic leader, whose sole agenda for life is to cause as much disruption as he can without having any real purpose.

• Like 1

Maybe fake news - who knowsC03B4104-9D38-408C-88E8-BC50CB07A5BC.thumb.png.05bd30e5870be600a2fef9a20dcb6096.png

Only here once

15715658625697300832283189439302.thumb.jpg.736077bb05c0d1fb08a04836cc3aa881.jpg

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

If the EU this week could state: 

1. No extension unless UK has a general election now.

2. That they will not negoiate any changes to the current deal with any future UK government.

Then MPs would have to vote on No Deal, Deal or Revoke, the top 2 go through, probably Deal or Revoke. At the very least politicians go into the next GE where voters know what they preferred - it will get it done so we can move on.

P.S. I'm undergoing tests for IBS at the moment through my GP/NHS - I now know it stands for Irritable Brexit Syndrome 🙂 

• Haha 1

Labour won’t want an election now it’s cold and wet - their voters just don’t like going out when the weathers bad.

come the GE - frankly this lot are in for a serious wake up call

• Like 1

Only here once

Abbott and Corbyn have safe Labour seats where even in winter the temp is ok. Oop north where the labour strongholds are people will continue to walk around in tee shirts in the snow. It has always been this way :yes:

10 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Labour won’t want an election now it’s cold and wet - their voters just don’t like going out when the weathers bad.

come the GE - frankly this lot are in for a serious wake up call

I wish that this was the case, I live in an area that has had a Labour MP for over 100 years. In that time the area has been destroyed economically, and as a consequence socially. If they put Rose West up for election here, provided that she wore a red rosette she'd get in with over 60% of the vote - it really is that crazy.

2 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

I wish that this was the case, I live in an area that has had a Labour MP for over 100 years. In that time the area has been destroyed economically, and as a consequence socially. If they put Rose West up for election here, provided that she wore a red rosette she'd get in with over 60% of the vote - it really is that crazy.

Yep, you still come across the long standing beliefs that “Labour is for the workers, Conservative is for the rich” with Labour already voicing the same slogan in readiness for a GE

Why can’t people see the truth of the matter, “they are all in it for themselves.” No one should need any further proof of this after the charade in Parliament over the past 3 years.

• Like 2

65B228A0-7A4A-4CF3-8D7D-9D1EE4204269.jpeg

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

73059081_10156825831246317_3736005507475832832_n.jpg

73098882_10156825831551317_7742203941504417792_n.jpg

73372333_10156825831781317_7779882117634195456_n.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Maybe Netflix will start a new show about the Brexit.

How many seasons 😆