free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 129 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The situation here:-

1. The sun’s shining in Margate.
  2. The birds are singing.
  3. One of my jalapeños has sprouted.
  4. I have a teensy-weensy hangover from last nights Brexit party.

Margate Exotics.

39 minutes ago, Black Forest Power said:

But what does it all mean?

21836A64-B0ED-4B2B-B811-788EA8FBF3E0.jpeg

But what does anything mean?

It could mean we are embarking on our next journey. One were having thrown of the shackles and dumped a load of baggage we are able to plot our own course. Yes, the sea may be treacherous, but we are steering the ship and going where we want.

An interesting question may be but what does this mean for EU!

For the first time ever a Platinum status member has left the club. Will this inspire and embolden others? A major shift in power that now truly elevates Spain to the top table with Germany, France and Italy. Two northern and two Southerns with different views on work, prosperity, taxation, immigration, etc. A teutonic shift.  All of the focus has been on the impact to the UK. EU have paid little real focus on what this truly means for EU. It's not just about trade and fishing with the UK, it is about how the very fabric of the EU has changed. A seismic shift in power. I bet the UK will react and adapt to its new surroundings far quicker than the EU.  The explosive result for Boris with his huge majority has fundamentally moved the goalposts. Whilst we had a marginal majority and then a coalition the UK was seen as weak by the EU. Oh my, how those tables have turned now and the EU has woken up to a new, resurgent, powerful UK thanks to that majority. We're powerful because parliament can now be controlled. Clarity of purpose and thought has emerged.

So what does it all mean? It means seismic change. Opportunity. And rough seas ahead.

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

50 minutes ago, CHANGES said:

I Noticed the BBC did not post  Boris's Brexit speech on the Morning news..    Only available on You tube ..

Is that just not typical of how petty, single minded, and bias the BBC has become ...  As a totally impartial broadcaster that gathers its news from all sources , because this was about Brexit  positivity they chose to avoid it..      How are we going to come together as a country and move on as an independent sovereign state, if the Tax payer funded international news media have an agenda to sabotage  any positive attitude towards it..  ...  

Not only has its actions over the last 4 years been disgraceful over Brexit , but many other things like the Jimmy Savil  affair, and gross over payment of presenters  etc...  They need to put their house in order and do the job WE  pay them to do , or pack up completely..     I for one feel the BBC no longer has a unique position of providing the news and entertainment .   If it were not publicly funded with compulsory tax money, then i would have less of an issue with their Bias point of view. ( within the broadcasting guidelines )  

Until the likes of the BBC get on side with the fact we have left the EU  and start standing up for our future , reporting all the benefits we will have as well as the pit falls  , the re-moaners will keep dragging down the spirit of the people with fear and negativity...    Yes there is hard negotiations ahead , maybe a few bumps in the road,  but what ever it will be , it has got to be better than being ruled by an ever increasing dictatorial federalist European union that is already going down the toilet financially..      At least we are out before it goes round the U bend. !!!!    

The decision to refer to YouTube for the speech may have more to do with Boris & Dominic than the BBC. With a break from tradition Downing Street decided to film it themselves for some reason, rather than invite one of the usual broadcasters to come in and then distribute the footage to the others.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

And it only took 3,194 posts :lol:

Which just goes to show the enormous political influence and effectiveness this forum has. I think taht 3194 posts is about 0,0000001% of the spoken debate posts the parliament and the ec have had to come to terms.

Well done TLF!

I am sure we'll come to terms on trading etc, just takes a while.

And I hope my own country will straighten it's back and stand up and Dexit too.

Kind regards,

Jacques

a suppressed by the ec member of this forum.

• Like 2

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

12 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

The decision to refer to YouTube for the speech may have more to do with Boris & Dominic than the BBC. With a break from tradition Downing Street decided to film it themselves for some reason, rather than invite one of the usual broadcasters to come in and then distribute the footage to the others.

And maybe that was because they were fed up with the BBC bias who would normally be invited in to do it.

Like him or loathe him, Boris in my opinion is playing a blinder right now and many who lent him their vote must be happy with his actions on tax, the north, etc.  Time will tell if he can keep it up but right now I wish to remoaning doomsayers would just go and do one and finally shut the ... Up.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Accepting democracy is the key.

when we have an election - we never cry for a rerun - it’s just accepted

• Like 2

Only here once

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I agree , and the break from tradition was a decision of number 10.  What i was referring to is, the national broadcaster of news for this nation decided not to feature the PM's speech in their main news slot..   It is irrelevant who recorded his speech they should have featured it.. It is a major national event and coverage should have had his speech included ...    They feature other news stories recorded by other sources , to miss this one out is just sour grapes ....  shows the bias is still there regardless..   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

While the hostility remains on both sides we will never come together. Those that feel they won should be a little more tolerant and magnanimous. Those that feel they lost need to be a little more accepting.

This is so true ,  but is it not very apparent the losing side are making the biggest noise with none acceptance of democracy .   They even said celebrating the event last night was wrong ...  Is it wrong to celebrate democracy  , If so lets just rejoin the EU and become a puppet state  without a flag !!!!!...    The Brexit camp i feel have been quite candid in their approach to this in comparison the the  re-moan side.      But it all must end and start a new ...  time to move forward..   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 100th_Idiot said:

While the hostility remains on both sides we will never come together. Those that feel they won should be a little more tolerant and magnanimous. Those that feel they lost need to be a little more accepting.

Yeah right. After all the name calling and bullshit we've had to put up with coming from some amazingly arrogant, intolerent, and down right nasty remainers?  Brilliant. Just think where the majority of the hostility has come from and where it is still coming from now? Protests continue. Even childish stunts like defacing 50p coins etc. The hostility will remain until those that lost finally accept the decision and just move on.

38 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

One point to remember about losing a General Election, there’s always another one coming along maximum 5 years later, so you always get another bite of the cherry. Not so with a referendum.

What utter nonsense.  We can have a referendum any time we want. Just look at what is happening in Scotland. Indyref supporters did not win so they moan like fook ever since and eventually we'll get another referendum. Guess what. When they lose that one, we'll get another one whilst our schools, police, fire service, NHS etc all decline through lack of attention.

My point is. Stop griping, bitching and moaning about the fact you lost. What we now need to do is to focus on how we make a success of it. Exactly the opposite of what is happening in Scotland right now so let's learn from that fook up? Or, let's all just continue to bitch, moan and whinge about something that is done. That's all I'm saying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CHANGES said:

This is so true ,  but is it not very apparent the losing side are making the biggest noise with none acceptance of democracy .   They even said celebrating the event last night was wrong ...  Is it wrong to celebrate democracy  , If so lets just rejoin the EU and become a puppet state  without a flag !!!!!...    The Brexit camp i feel have been quite candid in their approach to this in comparison the the  re-moan side.      But it all must end and start a new ...  time to move forward..   

So just let them shout and stamp their feet. Does it really bother you that much what a small minority say (I don't mean all those intelligent well intentioned people that voted remain). There is a small group that will hold banners and never accept. Ignore them. Get on with life. Welcome the remain voters that accept the decision including those that will have a different view to yours on what the end deal should look like. Have a civilised debate on the future. Move on.

4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

The situation here:-

1. The sun’s shining in Margate.
  2. The birds are singing.
  3. One of my jalapeños has sprouted.
  4. I have a teensy-weensy hangover from last nights Brexit party.

no mention of a lotus

is one of the above a euphenism

Edited by pete

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

15 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

We are where we are as a result of a democratic event. It would have been nicer if the result had been more clear cut rather than pretty much 50:50 which is why we have had so much antagonistic bullshit posted here and many other places. Half those who voted are upset and half are happy pretty much

By the simple terms of democracy - it was clear cut. A win for leave.

its like a football result really - the score at the end is what it is

Only here once

19 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

We are where we are as a result of a democratic event. It would have been nicer if the result had been more clear cut rather than pretty much 50:50 which is why we have had so much antagonistic bullshit posted here and many other places. Half those who voted are upset and half are happy pretty much.

52% against 48% is not 50/50  .....   their is a clear victory of 4%

8 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

In Barry's world of football results ,  the brexit leave team scored 1,268,831  goals more ....  i think that is quite definitive in anybody book...      In F1 you can win by fractions of a second , but its still a win..   People may not like losing , but need to suck it up and get on with life ...   That's how you become a winner .... not a winger....   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Referring to people as 'remoaners' is deeply insensitive and a pointless cheap shot

Really, well how about Remainers referring to Leavers as:

Racists

Stupid

Bigots

Thick

Nazi's

etc.

In the face of all of that shit you think "remoaner" is deeply insensitive. Wow. Really?  I do think that people really do need to think back about the bile that has been thrown at leavers by those who wanted to remain.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

By the simple terms of democracy - it was clear cut. A win for leave.

9 minutes ago, CHANGES said:

52% against 48% is not 50/50  .....   their is a clear victory of 4%

In Barry's world of football results ,  the brexit leave team scored 1,268,831  goals more ....  i think that is quite definitive in anybody book...      In F1 you can win by fractions of a second , but its still a win..   People may not like losing , but need to suck it up and get on with life ...   That's how you become a winner .... not a winger....   

I understand the maths but a 2% swing is all that is required and that means a lot of people will be unhappy. In a general election if there was only a 2% swing required it would be a marginal seat.

Unfortunately the perception of 'winning' and 'losing' in the referendum will mean little to the realities of the impacts the changes will have on people. If you voted leave and 'won' the reality is that the impact on your life will be partly positive and partly negative in a proportion that is impossible to determine at present. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Really, well how about Remainers referring to Leavers as:

Racists

Stupid

Bigots

Thick

Nazi's

etc.

In the face of all of that shit you think "remoaner" is deeply insensitive. Wow. Really?  I do think that people really do need to think back about the bile that has been thrown at leavers by those who wanted to remain.

Oh stop - you’ll make some of us blush ☺️

• Haha 1

Only here once

3 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Unfortunately the perception of 'winning' and 'losing' in the referendum will mean little to the realities of the impacts the changes will have on people. If you voted leave and 'won' the reality is that the impact on your life will be partly positive and partly negative in a proportion that is impossible to determine at present. 

Once again you are correct...... But ...  The brexit people will be going forward with optimism and positive focus,  when they hit a bump in the road they will say ,  that is something to deal with then move on...   The re-moaners   (that is those who still don't except the result)  will be going forward with negativity , blaming everything on brexit regardless...   They can not change the result but they can ruin their lives by letting it eat them up with despondency ..   You are what you focus on ..  

• Love 1