free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 131 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

If they refuse the new 50p - simply give them a 20p and tell them how they are allowed to spend it. Just like being in the EU that 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If that's true then it really is pathetic.

As an aside been doing some work in Belfast. Came back to Scotland with an Ulster Bank 10pound note, Sterling 

Went in to shop in Perth and handed it over. What's that was the response. Can't take that.

I said look you're having a laugh aren't you it's a Raheem.

No, can't take it they said 

Absolutely went off on one explaining how ridiculous it was given the bloody whinging from Scots when they get a Scottish note scrutinised in England. Told them to just take it and stop being so pathetic.

Argh.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

All the news about refusing the 50p brexit coin  is just inflated news to create division..   How many people even look at there change let alone inspect each coin..    The news media that still have the platform to promote their own agenda whilst wrapping it up in a news story , are deliberately aggravating the situation on brexit..    Brexit in the main in over, we are out.... No winners No losers , just a political direction brought about by a democratic referendum . This result was debated , ridiculed , undermined and questioned in every possible way, especially by the media , who's ranks did not like the result..  After nearly 4 years of debates countless one sided media interviews and panel shows against the result , a general election was held with the main mandate to uphold the referendum result..  The result of that was conclusive , the people spoke..  We were leaving the EU.  

The problem as i see it is, until the media start getting on board with this , they are going to create false news and ill feeling in the country by what ever means..  Controversy is infectious , almost self destructive, but to them news... !!!   It very much seems that interviewers and the likes of question time hosts within the media have got a dose of overrated self righteous  importance ..  This is particularly evident when you watch the interviews and how they manipulate the narrative giving antonyms responses to factual answers .    I am all for a good debate , but have no time for blinkered self opinionated twats. 

I fear this ill will is hear until the transition period is over..  The media will hound the public with controversy and false news in an attempt to undermine the trade negotiations.. This will be done by inflating a false dialog and encouraging public debate and division. Much the same as they did for the last 4 years.   And to what end..  The last thing they want is WTO , but carry on as they are and they are more likely to get it..    If they could just get behind the Government , public opinion would change , and with a  positive out look our negotiating position would be stronger for trade deals with the EU and rest of the world.  Win Win for all .. ..    

We need to weed out the quisling elements and stride forward to a positive future..          

• Like 2

On 04/02/2020 at 09:31, CHANGES said:

All the news about refusing the 50p brexit coin  is just inflated news to create division..   How many people even look at there change let alone inspect each coin..    The news media that still have the platform to promote their own agenda whilst wrapping it up in a news story , are deliberately aggravating the situation on brexit..    Brexit in the main in over, we are out.... No winners No losers , just a political direction brought about by a democratic referendum . This result was debated , ridiculed , undermined and questioned in every possible way, especially by the media , who's ranks did not like the result..  After nearly 4 years of debates countless one sided media interviews and panel shows against the result , a general election was held with the main mandate to uphold the referendum result..  The result of that was conclusive , the people spoke..  We were leaving the EU.  

The problem as i see it is, until the media start getting on board with this , they are going to create false news and ill feeling in the country by what ever means..  Controversy is infectious , almost self destructive, but to them news... !!!   It very much seems that interviewers and the likes of question time hosts within the media have got a dose of overrated self righteous  importance ..  This is particularly evident when you watch the interviews and how they manipulate the narrative giving antonyms responses to factual answers .    I am all for a good debate , but have no time for blinkered self opinionated twats. 

I fear this ill will is hear until the transition period is over..  The media will hound the public with controversy and false news in an attempt to undermine the trade negotiations.. This will be done by inflating a false dialog and encouraging public debate and division. Much the same as they did for the last 4 years.   And to what end..  The last thing they want is WTO , but carry on as they are and they are more likely to get it..    If they could just get behind the Government , public opinion would change , and with a  positive out look our negotiating position would be stronger for trade deals with the EU and rest of the world.  Win Win for all .. ..    

We need to weed out the quisling elements and stride forward to a positive future..          

If you think the UK media media is bad for the rhetoric etc, just logon to SELOC and their threads on Brexit - they are full of self righteous, arrogant bile and hatred and bitterness and I just piss myself laughing reading it all. Every now or then I add a post and sit back and watch the flaming. I'm getting through so much popcorn watching it I can hardly get out of the chair these days!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I frequent seloc and yeah there is plenty of banter. I have discovered though that behind all the rhetoric there are many fine genuine people on there. Its a good place when you get to know it.

4 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

I frequent seloc and yeah there is plenty of banter. I have discovered though that behind all the rhetoric there are many fine genuine people on there. Its a good place when you get to know it.

I don't think James posts are banter. But heh ho, each to their own.

This blokes getting out of hand now6502847A-170D-4BD0-8B76-B125FC336D16.thumb.jpeg.bcc6c8e5c2dbbf6d773af69fa4f1af74.jpeg

Only here once

On 02/02/2020 at 18:25, C8RKH said:

Ireland and Varadkar in particular have been spouting off for a few months now. I actually think it is because they realise that if it does not go there way the Irish economy is totally fecked.

@gregs24

Varadkar has resigned 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

So glad we are out!  When the shit hits the fan the true colours come out  The Italians asked for an urgent response to a request for medical supplies using a special European Crisis mechanism but apparently rather than rising to assist, Germany banned the export of the supplies, Austria closed its borders and it was China who has stepped in with a flight from Shanghai that has delivered 31 tonnes of supplies including ventilators. The story is in the FT so reasonably reliable.

• Like 2

Wasn't sure whether to post this in this or the Wuhan Virus thread: https://www.effiedeans.com/2020/03/the-eu-and-scottish-government-just.html

• Like 2

There is this in the Daily Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/31/italy-demands-solidarity-germany-coronavirus-crisis-rifts-deepen/

Italy demands solidarity from Germany, or EU 'will cease to exist'
European Union in 'mortal danger' because of divisions over virus crisis, says former Italian premier.

Italian politicians took out a full-page advertisement in one of Germany's most prestigious newspapers on Tuesday, urging parsimonious northern Europe to do more to help the south through the coronavirus crisis amid an increasingly bitter rift within the EU.

MPs and mayors from across the Italian political spectrum implored Germany for help and lashed out at the Netherlands in the pages of Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Germany's leading conservative daily.

They urged Berlin to drop its opposition to a proposed EU scheme to issue so-called "coronabonds" to raise funds to fight the crisis.

The rest It's behind the paywall.

Italy wants Germany to pay for Italy’s profligacy .. like Greece did

very easy to spend other people’s money 

8 hours ago, SFO said:

very easy to spend other people’s money

Agreed. We'd be screwed right now if Scotland had voted for Independence at the referendum.

• Love 1

Bet she won't admit that

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

You've got to laugh haven't you......

"THERESA MAY'S former chief of communications Sir Robbie Gibb revealed during crunch talks with Labour to get Mrs May's Brexit deal through, Labour's then Brexit spokesman, Sir Keir Starmer, rejected a document given him that contained a copied and pasted version of his own proposal. Sir Robbie branded the now Labour leader “disingenuous” as he claimed Sir Keir Starmer rejected his own Brexit proposals when given to him in a copied and pasted document on behalf of Theresa May. He said: “When I was at Number 10 I was sittings in meetings where there were cross-party talks to try to find a consensus to try and get Brexit over the line. 

“And there was an incident where we had presented a potential document for him and the Labour Party to agree to for him to say ‘oh that’s a total disaster’.

“Only for him to be told that it was a cut and paste job from his own document.

“I mean, disingenuous is his middle name I think.”

It comes as ministers have been accused of "rank hypocrisy" over their attitude to key workers as Labour claimed new immigration legislation would make it harder to fill NHS roles.

Keir starmer - the same bloke whom refused to prosecute jimmy saville - the same bloke whom wishes to brush grooming gangs under the carpet ?? Yeah hes a c....

• Like 1

Only here once

To be fair to him this was shown to be completely untrue and a collection of out of context sound bites used to make political gain. They were subsequently removed.

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 2

Not really though is it. He was in charge of the cps at that time and did nothing when the opportunity was there. 

Only here once