free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 86 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

Headline in this morning's Times says it all!

EU humiliates May with refusal to budge on deal

Prime minister returns empty handed after Brussels strikes out demands over Irish backstop

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Buddsy said:

For a start what the crook Richard Branson know about running a business I don’t know? Has he ever run a business which makes a profit?

I actually think that is quite harsh and he has run several businesses that have made a profit, he has also been smart enough to know when to get out rather than to flog a dead horse which is a rare trait to be honest as for most, their ego's keep them running and running. He has also created a huge amount of employment and wealth for many people in the UK and beyond.  Having said that, I don't particularly like his politics and I detest people who "make it" and then swan off to a tax heaven to give the minimum possible back whilst still feeling they can have a valid point of view. The very same issue i have with many famous "scots" who go on and on about independence whilst living in "exile" and contributing nothing to Scotland's budget etc.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I see Richard Branson has been dragged out for project fear by the BBC to tell people if there is a hard Brexit people couldn’t afford to go on holiday due to the falling price of the pound.

More to the point hopefully people won't go on holiday to any EU country and see how their economies cope with that

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

3 hours ago, Buddsy said:

The economics will be what they will be but Im confident in the UK we are a tiny nation who punches way above our weight. I think we will always be ok as thats who we are.

Fifth largest economy in the world. second largest in Europe. Too big to be ignored.

Not that you'd believe it listening to the media, BBC and 'experts'.

• Like 2

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

Well if you voted Brexit and want to leave with no deal you can make your voice heard. Im sick of the media telling me what I want!

Upto 46K votes already.

buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

My signature is 48,163.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Signed and shared on Facebook 

• Like 1

Only here once

Leaked brexit documentation 

DB0C08DD-F878-47D7-AA86-202936CC8AA4.jpeg.96856d6ef9f7e46f7455aacd84a50f98.jpeg

• Haha 1

Only here once

Signed. Now at 56,233 and climbing. 

Reckon it will be 100,000 by the morning.

Ken Clarke’s spewing bull on ch4 news now 🤬

• Sad 1

Only here once

They wheeled out Mr Blair on Radio 2 this morning as well.

The petition has just hit 60,000. Watching it count up reminds me of the highly annoying and addictive Paperclip game Bibs posted a while back - I wonder if wheeling out Mr. Blair is like buying a Mega paperclip builder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Well fair enough...but the petition is over 60K now

buddsy

Even ken Clarke a devout EU lover actually stated he wasn’t sure another referendum would help.

that and that alone is enough for me to conclude they have been researching the possible outcome and simply don’t want to ask the question again and they won’t like the answer

It’s looking like yellow jackets are selling out fast on amazon and eBay @Buddsy

• Haha 1

Only here once

Looks like the May deal will get voted on in the new year. All being well it will be kicked into the long grass and we will indeed crash out of the EU.

thatll shake them up and sort the whole lot for once and for all. We keep £39bn - and the EU will need to deal with the open border in Ireland. 

Only here once

Ps - the data from the petition would suggest someone’s entered most MPs onto the list 😂CE2249C8-C8C9-467B-9A8D-99AF9D3A1F5B.thumb.png.0802dc3d65926ca8111c6e5516351e63.png

Only here once

@Barrykearley Having looked at the data I am pretty sure this is just the pre-loaded form data i.e country of origin, aids for searching by constituancy etc.. I do not think this covers any signatories - I am sure any of this kind of public data availability would contravene the data protection act.

• Like 1

It's a shame Mrs Merkel doesn't share your point of view. My hope is that UK's departure will force much needed reform on the EU.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

We keep £39bn - and the EU will need to deal with the open border in Ireland. 

I wouldn't be surprised if May has signed away tbe £39bn unconditionally. :wallbash:

• Sad 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk