free hit
counters
Euro question - 23rd June - Page 87 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Euro question - 23rd June

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

All the people calling for another referendum are assuming that the vote will be remain, if that is on the ballot paper, so how will they react this time if it is leave?

• Like 1

Above all correct.

It looks like another big push for a second referendum today, this time from some Tory MPs. I do unfortunately think they will get what they want.

What would the result be though? One of the phrases which was repeated ad-nauseum by remainers during the first vote was they wanted to "remain in a reformed EU". Well they cant use that again! Any talk of being able to reform the EU will be laughed-at next time.

I do think that enough people will have been scared shitless by fake news next time though to swing if to remain.

I see Tony B liar has been given air time again and is still trying to interfere by undermining protocol and meeting individuals in the EU. Can someone please find a way of calling his actions treason and lock him up in the Tower of London! :2guns:

Then we have the master of “let’s keep having a referendum until we get the result that I want” getting on her soapbox again, telling labour what to do. Not that she’s got another motive in mind at all :sleeping:

That petition is at 145k now. I wonder at what point they will start to take notice.

ken Clarke’s position on not wanting another vote is the key for me - they’ve clearly looked into this at great depths

What’s that? 0.2% of the population? Pretty meaningless when compared to the 17.4 million who voted leave  in 2016.

Even Boaty McBoatface polled 125,000 votes back then.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What’s that? 0.2% of the population? Pretty meaningless when compared to the 17.4 million who voted leave  in 2016

You are right just a tiny drop in thre occean but it is 150,000 people in 3 days expressing a voice. 

The Gov did respond saying the deal they have is the best deal for the country but this petition lets them know not everyone is behind them on what they are pushing.

Probably wont change a thing but it might brought to the attention of Mrs May in which case it may well be in the back of her mind.

It also shows a level of support to other people like me. I am not alone. 

If it does get to the point where we are required to take to the streets I think a petition such as this may increase the number of people who would make the effort to get out and protest.

buddsy

• Like 1

Should never have put a bunch of remainers (May, Hammond & ALL the civil service) in charge of getting us out. 

She's rolled over & submitted to EVERYTHING they've demanded by over ruling her negoiaters (David Davis & Dominic Raab). :thumbdown:

• Like 2

My issue now is that any new referendum vote looks likely to be a 3 way split. 1. Remain, 2. Leave with Mays Deal, 3. Leave with no deal.

For me this is fundamentally against Democracy and an obvious blindside by the Politicians to split the leave vote 2 ways while everyone else votes remain.

If there is a second referendum I truly believe we will see much worse than we are in Paris at present. I also think UKIP will get in at the next General Election should we not Leave. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

My issue now is that any new referendum vote looks likely to be a 3 way split. 1. Remain, 2. Leave with Mays Deal, 3. Leave with no deal.

For me this is fundamentally against Democracy and an obvious blindside by the Politicians to split the leave vote 2 ways while everyone else votes remain.

If there is a second referendum I truly believe we will see much worse than we are in Paris at present. I also think UKIP will get in at the next General Election should we not Leave. 

Three options doesn't have to be one where it splits the "leave" vote.

It can be set in many ways. Just one example would be 

1) stay

2) leave, whether we have a deal or not

3) leave, only if the deal is in place

4) leave, and we don't want a deal.

It would probably need to be simpler than that for the electorate to not get tens of thousand of errors, but I'm sure you get the idea that three ways doesn't mean diluting the leave options.

It could also be

If we have  a deal,we should

1) leave

2) stay

If we don't have a deal we should

1) leave

2) stay

Political elite are shaking - they know the backlash that will occur.

May will force the deal to parliament - she will lose the vote. We will exit 

I hope