free hit
counters
Wiper arm photo request - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wiper arm photo request

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my photos attached  The part labeled 'A' I think fits over the rubber grommet 'B', correct? and is orientated as shown to set the wiper blade as shown in the other photo.  Then a nut holds the arm on to the spindle.

IMG_5372.JPG

IMG_5373.JPG

Yes you're right it doesn't just push on I'm thinking of the wrong car!! The S1 may be different to your car but mine looks like this... http://rdent.com/manuals/esprit/electrical/mc.htm

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Thanks Paul, but I think something is amiss with my car.  The link you gave did not mention the rubber grommet as found on my car.  So, if anyone has an S3 or Turbo from 83/84, please can you post a clear photo?

Thanks Simon.  Yes, your car's set up looks a little different to mine, but its something for me to on.  Seems you have a pin through the spindle?  And the pantograph? arm bit is different to mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gordon,

Here's how mine looks:

WP_20160309_002.jpg

Seems there is a lot of different versions out there. 

Can't seem to be able to add my second picture above so:

WP_20160309_001.jpg

Hope it helps

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!