free hit
counters
Baffled Sump - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

9 minutes ago, Xisthos said:

Very much so, will look into that now. Thanks a bunch!

This may prove more informative --  AIM factory website (Italy) ….. http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/index_car.htm

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went for the lotus one... ...Because its red Thats how lotus differentiate them now.  I ordered in early Jan and am expecting it next week. The factory phoned me last week to let me k

The Lotus Motorsport one is actually made by Swindon Engines afaik. The very early ones were machined from solid billet ali, they were like £2.5k…. The newer Lotus baffled sump is to the same d

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dani said:

May be you guys from Hangar 111 may tell us differences between the 3 sumps currently I know (Lotus, Moroso, Komotec)?

Moroso and Komo-Tec are essentially the same.  I've not seen the Lotus solution as yet.

Dave

18 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

In the meantime, this illustration gives you an impression:

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=6329&MAK=1&MDL=42&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Yeah, that's the current production version …. steel pan.  The original aluminum version was a beauty, but super costly.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

22 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

I'm at Lotus tomorrow. I'll see if I can't get a picture of one of them that isn't attached to a car. :ph34r:

Let me know if they've made a start on the full cage on my 2-Eleven ?

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Oil starvation isn't just caused by surge in the sump,  it's also (and perhaps moreso) that oil which has just been pumped to the top of the engine no longer has so much assistance from gravity to drain back down to the sump. 

Good remark for the understanding of the oil system. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Dani, Lotus used accusumps on the Cup255 as well as the 2-Elevens to deal with possible oil starvation, Both those models did not come with a baffled sump from the factory.  Nevertheless, pretty much all of us that ran those cars in Lotus Cup had baffled pans installed as well for peace of mind,  Perhaps a case of belt and suspenders….:)

Very interesting, good to know it! Thank you for the information!

By the way... I did not know the expression "belts and suspenders" ... great!

35 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Moroso and Komo-Tec are essentially the same.  I've not seen the Lotus solution as yet.

Dave

Thats was my impression after seeing pics on their webpages. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

I'm at Lotus tomorrow. I'll see if I can't get a picture of one of them that isn't attached to a car. :ph34r:

That would be great! Squeeez them all the information! :P

Edited by Dani
4 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Gav, have they found another GTE tucked away in a corner for you to buy or are you looking at a 311 B-) 

• 5 months later...

I remember with the Radicals, if I you were running slicks then the baffled sump was a must really. I suppose some of the more track focused tyres being so good, then the same would apply. So Trofeo, Cup 2, AD48, ZZR etc etc.

For the piece of mind, the accusump maybe a perfect solution. 

• 6 months later...

I figure it will always be worth something and as i said, it's required to maintain warranty. 

Its probably overkill to fit it, but i have trofeo tyres now so the Gs will increase. I've heard of a few V6s registering oil 'moments' when their ECU data is downloaded. 

23 minutes ago, JG220 said:

I figure it will always be worth something and as i said, it's required to maintain warranty. 

Its probably overkill to fit it, but i have trofeo tyres now so the Gs will increase. I've heard of a few V6s registering oil 'moments' when their ECU data is downloaded. 

Let me guess who said that.... :rolleyes:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant remember if this was a Moroso or Gran pan 3 or something like that on an s2 of course not my car but its been on a few track days and no complaints did redo the silicone before fitting

20160312_113001.jpg

20160312_105621.jpg

20160312_142823.jpg

20160312_133637.jpg

20160313_113034.jpg

• Like 1