free hit
counters
Sport 350 suspension - enough? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Sport 350 suspension - enough?

I heard that the Sport 350 now uses the previous Track Pack suspension as standard. From what you guys have experienced, is this enough for street/track use? I'd use the car maybe 2-3x a week and track it once a month. I'd love to have the best suspension that would make it compliant on regular roads and be stellar on the track. So I'd love to hear it from the guys who have used this or upgraded. Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Race Pack suspension on my last V6S was absolutely great for a similar usage to yours, but having moved to a Cup car on Nitrons, I'd equally say that they are perfectly fine for regular road use, retaining a similar level of comfort but with much better body control (of course with the additional benefit of being able to adjust as well).

Thanks for the prompt reply. I actually haven't gotten the car yet and am in the process of finalizing my order. So I was wondering if I should just add the optional suspension now or play around with the stock ones first. 

If you 'gut' is telling you your likely to upgrade the suspension in the future then do it now... Its easier at build stage especially if going the 2-way nitron route as this is only available via Lotus anyway..

www.alias23.com

Thanks guys, I think I'll definitely stick with the stock suspension first and try it out both at the road and the track and see if I'm yearning for an upgrade later on. Unfortunately we don't have Nitrons here, so no support so the only consideration will be Ohlins. 

I've gone from standard suspension on a race pack Exige to 3 way Nitrons. No less comfortable on the road, night and day on the track. If you are planning on the use as you suggest upgrade at build. Although then I would go for a Cup. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

8 hours ago, Xisthos said:

Unfortunately we don't have Nitrons here

TLF ship Nitrons worldwide :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You can just ship it back. FedEx are very good value nowadays! :) 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...

the standard setup on the v6s is way too soft on track imho . the cup setup is miles ahead.... 

as a road track compromise its v good, but the emphasis is absolutely in favor of road. 

dont get me wrong, a well driven v6s on track will be a match for anything bar silly stuff which just goes to show how good the car is!  .... so its hardly a problem.... but theres roll and pitch beyond what im comfortable with.... on road its marvelous however.