free hit
counters
cracked sump - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

cracked sump

scotty

The sump of my 83 S3 has a tiny half inch crack in the bottom. The car runs fine but is steadily leaking onto the garage floor. I continue to use it but have to top up with oil every few weeks. I am contemplating getting a secondhand sump from Lotusbits - I am praying there are not dozens of minutely different versions of the sump. If and when I get one is it pretty straightforward to drop the old one off and wack on a replacement? Is it the kind of thing to tackle on axle stands or leave to Geoff at Esprit Engineering when I get C service in a month or two?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty

There is a sump for sale in the Lotus parts sale -

http://www.grouplotus.com/generic/generic....&page_id=37 and download the sale list.

It is described as "A910E2612K - Sump-NA Engines (Deep) - 2.2 Esprit turbo engine [RRP] 321.94 [sale price] 45.00 [Quantity] 1"

I would have thought that it would fit your car but I am sure someone else will be able to tell you.

Edited by Goose
banner-1.jpg

If you can't find one secondhand why don't you get it welded.

I had my aluminum alternator bracket welded and it is just like new.

It cost me USD$20........pretty good deal.

Edited by eprsplit

1979 Lotus Esprit S2