free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Buddsy    974

Nice one but they better have my soft top ready too!

Whats the 0-100mph time like?

Buddsy

CocoPops    590

So it's a 2+0 only? Looking at those seats and side windows?

Bibs    5,207

Pics are at Heacham Manor in case anyone wondered, up in North Norfolk.

Looks that way, a track focussed version of a car which no-one takes on track anyway. Doh! 

franjipane    208

Do you know much more about it Bibs?  Is it much different from the 400? 

Gm77    250

That's no family car! 😉

Bibs    5,207

:lol:

The Pits    2,649

Wow all-round! 70kg is a very impressive reduction.

1325kg is a pretty striking figure too, especially when you consider all the extra charge cooled gubbins.

No doubt the car is very basic in its lightest form as the interior pics confirm, that means no stereo (no biggie in my experience!) the stunning Exige carbon race seats and I wonder if it even has aircon as standard? No doubt punters can option all the weight back in as they tend to do but surely they'd be better off with a 400? Interesting to see where this is going. I have to be honest I'd rather be seeing a convertible Evora and an Exige 410 but hopefully that's on the way.

Bibs    5,207

£79,900! :huh::thumbsup:

CocoPops    590

Wonder if I can pick up a "cheap" 400 now they're old hat :lol:

• Like 1

DaveyT    132
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Pics are at Heacham Manor in case anyone wondered, up in North Norfolk.

Looks that way, a track focussed version of a car which no-one takes on track anyway. Doh! 

Bugger.!

My parents back onto Heacham Manor  ( the hotel?)....and they didn't tell ME!

wonder if they spotted it. Any idea when it was taken?

Colin G    761

Does nothing for me, but I'm in that very small minority who finds carbon fibre looks a bit, well, tacky. (That tailgate is a mess in my eyes!) Not that I'm the target audience for this kind of 'special' anyway to be fair. :D

• Like 2

Stubox    352

Not sure about the overall looks maybe in a different colour instead of this 'Kill Bill' colour scheme.

theelanman    316

70kg....that is one heck of a weight saving......

I do that by just not taking the wife out in it.........:ph34r:

at least its not off the price scale and pretty much in line with the 400......

so you can have the 400 or the 410 for about the same money.....depending on if you like hardcore or comfort.....lol

:animier:

looks good to me tho'........(......well except......not a great fan of the wheels)

Bravo73    437

Looks good.

When are the inevitable GT3/4 vs Ev410 comparisons going to start? 

Snoopy1969    195
2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Wow all-round! 70kg is a very impressive reduction.

1325kg is a pretty striking figure too, especially when you consider all the extra charge cooled gubbins.

No doubt the car is very basic in its lightest form as the interior pics confirm, that means no stereo (no biggie in my experience!) the stunning Exige carbon race seats and I wonder if it even has aircon as standard? No doubt punters can option all the weight back in as they tend to do but surely they'd be better off with a 400? Interesting to see where this is going. I have to be honest I'd rather be seeing a convertible Evora and an Exige 410 but hopefully that's on the way.

well, on Lotuscars it is stated that no Stereo, no aircon, no sun visors no Sound insulation, no mud flaps no +2 seats.......so real weight savings are the rims, the seats, the 1piece Louvre I guess.......

C43    14

Love it. Exige type performance but with some comfort and civility. Want one!

C43

vmcdemo    2

Is it coming to the US. If so maybe it's a way of getting road going Exige like performance to the US?

99Problems    34

The fact that production is limited to 150 tells you that even Lotus knows this is an pretty niche car.  For those that want the 'track focused' version of an Evora, I like the weight reduction bit.

The bump of HP by 10 doesn't equate to any difference in speed on its own though but I guess its part of the game to squeeze another little bit out if you come out with a tweaked version.  I'd have to guess that's accomplished by a simple ECU change, so maybe something 400 owners will be offered direct from Lotus for a fee (Bibs?) 

Interesting that they quote the auto as faster on this model than the Manual, but don't give any details as to a change in the auto.  I was surprised on the 400 that they quoted identical 0-60 times for the Manual and Auto, since with its improved shift times over the old IPS it should make the shift from 1st to 2nd fractionally faster than any human foot/hand combo can shift.

Curious how the US spec of this will change (probably all tied to US regs) but on looks alone I still much prefer the 400.  Now if Lotus could just launch the G*d [email protected] car in the US please, I've had my order in for 6 months now... Getting a little ansy seeing a new variant already when the original isn't even available state side... (1st world problems I know,  grumble grumble)  <_<

Edited by 99Problems

Gm77    250

It's well worth the wait Patrick. It's immense!

the83man    35

I get why they've done this but really it's just another limited edition special. Let's have a ragtop Evora and a new Elan, please.

theelanman    316
56 minutes ago, 99Problems said:

The fact that production is limited to 150 tells you that even Lotus knows this is an pretty niche car. 

Global production run limited to 150 vehicles per year

:thumbup:

15 minutes ago, j141 said:

Whats next, the 420? :D

Im sure they could squeeze the 415 in first

• Like 1