free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Who called me a cranky old Brit!  What!  Me.... less of the old and we'll get along just fine! :)

I think the new carbon fibre rear (the flat bit behind the screen into the spoiler) looks cack to be honest. Would paint it!

I get it - if i had a 400 on order and a 410 came out I guess I'd be kinda cranky - but when you look at the interior you do realise straight away that they are fundamentally different cars. But then if I had a 400 on order, I'd also realise just what a lucky guy I was too ;)

Anyway. 2 new Evora's in 12 months - what is there not to like in that?

Still think an Evora 350 priced at £60-£65k is needed using the old "S" setup, and can't wait to see a 450 or similar CUP version with integrated colour co-ordinated roll cage, harnesses and fire extinguisher with no passenger seat.  Whoooooaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Who called me a cranky old Brit!  What!  Me.... less of the old and we'll get along just fine! :)

I think the new carbon fibre rear (the flat bit behind the screen into the spoiler) looks cack to be honest. Would paint it!

I get it - if i had a 400 on order and a 410 came out I guess I'd be kinda cranky - but when you look at the interior you do realise straight away that they are fundamentally different cars. But then if I had a 400 on order, I'd also realise just what a lucky guy I was too ;)

Anyway. 2 new Evora's in 12 months - what is there not to like in that?

Still think an Evora 350 priced at £60-£65k is needed using the old "S" setup, and can't wait to see a 450 or similar CUP version with integrated colour co-ordinated roll cage, harnesses and fire extinguisher with no passenger seat.  Whoooooaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'd imagine that if you rocked up to Stratton Motorsport with a boot full of cash, they could build you that 450 cup right now...

• Gold FFM

Thanks Joe. That was a tissue moment. Until I realised i did not have the money to rock up with...  :(

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

26 minutes ago, Gravel said:

That is the role of the early adopter though! You pay more to have it first and then they release a newer one...

Yes, but that is my point..  I don't have it first.  I'm still waiting!!  *sigh*   Being a loyal early adopter is a trade off of missing out on small upgrades or maybe even some minor reliability issues for the bliss of "I got it first!"

This is just..   all the down side with none of the bliss.  :-P

• Gold FFM

I blame Apple for creating a whole generation that expects an annual upgrade to be the norm. Lotus is merely playing catchup.

1 minute ago, hyteck9 said:

Yes, but that is my point..  I don't have it first.  I'm still waiting!!  *sigh*   Being a loyal early adopter is a trade off of missing out on small upgrades or maybe even some minor reliability issues for the bliss of "I got it first!"

This is just..   all the down side with none of the bliss.  :-P

You will have it before anyone in the US has a 410 though, and they'll be cursing the announcement of the Targa before their 410 arrives...

No, don't get it at all. Porsche adds 10bhp every other week and always charge more for their more focused and stripped out versions all they get is praise. Lotus do it and it makes people angry? Is anyone seriously suggesting that they shouldn't make their cars lighter and faster at every available opportunity?

The carbon fibre rear panel looks like a fairly easy swap if it means that much to anyone (subject to seeing it in person, I personally much prefer the 400 rear treatment). Much of the laptime is the tyres anyway and they are even easier to swap over to.

Having experienced the Exige 360 Cup I can assure you that 10bhp is not in any way noticeable over my 345bhp car and on an 1100kg car it is a bigger increase in percentage terms.

• Like 1

I can see people upset over the LONG wait.  This car was first supposed to get to the US in the Fall, then December, then January and now sometime in the Spring.  I called my local Lotus dealership about the car and whether they would have an event around its arrival.  They said they could not plan anything because the arrival date for the Evora 400 keeps getting pushed back by Lotus.  The wait would bother me and what also might bother me is that the wait between the 400 and the roadster version might end up getting shortened considerably and had I known that, I might have opted for the Roadster.  The 410 is much to do about not much.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gravel said:

IMHO nobody can tell you what can and can't offend/upset you - you are the one that decides that. The corallary of that however is that as nobody can prevent you taking offence, you can't also have the right not to be offended/upset...

If you don't think the next iPhone is halfway done when you're queuing for the 'new' one the day before release, you're in for a quite predictable disappointment...

Lotus have to keep making their cars faster and lighter - that is their USP...

That is the role of the early adopter though! You pay more to have it first and then they release a newer one...

Yes, but apart from the fact that the price of an iPhone is more than 100 times smaller than that of a car like the Evora, when you buy the iPhone X (Samsung S is same story) you already know that in 6 months there will be the iPhone Xs and in one year there will be the iPhone X+1, you take that into account. The so called "planned obsolescence" is also used by some car brands (mostly germans) and this is why I'd never buy a more than 50k Audi/BMW/Merc because they devalue really fast for this reason.

I understand that this is not the case with the 410 that doesn't replace the 400 but is just a "special edition" of it, thus said, I still think that it hasn't been a nice idea from Lotus that should focus on being able to supply enough cars to the dealers (here they have just one 400 on display with no chance to test-drive it) and most of all care for the american market instead of competing with themselves. At least they could have called it "SR" or "Special Edition" the use of a bigger number makes people think that is "bigger and better" and that is not a good idea provided Lotus relies on the success of the 400 for its future not on the sale of the 150 410s.

5 minutes ago, The Pits said:

No, don't get it at all.

Permit me to present the question in a different light...  How many new versions is O.K.for a company to release to market  v2.0, v3.0, v4.0.... 5.0?   ...before they even SHIP  v1.0 to the customers who paid for it??  I think the answer should be zero for all companies everywhere. 

Did anyone else notice that this car is being introduced just before the Geneva Auto Show and its existence (at least the timing of its existence) may have something to do with Lotus having something to show at Geneva???

19 minutes ago, Ccd said:

I can see people upset over the LONG wait. 

THIS!       Yes indeed!         ..(slow day at work today so I'm going to stay on my soap box a little longer)..

The bottom line here is I'm taking it personally!!  It sure feels like Lotus is more interested in getting out "the next big thing" then they are in delivering to the customers that I ordered a vehicle half a year ago.  I'm feeling undervalued.

I wouldn't say I was upset, puzzled would be a better description.

I don't understand why Lotus would want to muddy the waters. 

Now I've looked at the spec of the 410 and understand what it is and that I don't want one. I'm fine with it.

It isn't an issue, but it provided a distraction at a key time when I was deciding what to do.

BTW I am very grateful to all the early adopters who bought early. 

Tris...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hyteck9 said:

Permit me to present the question in a different light...  How many new versions is O.K.for a company to release to market  v2.0, v3.0, v4.0.... 5.0?   ...before they even SHIP  v1.0 to the customers who paid for it??  I think the answer should be zero for all companies everywhere. 

Is the 410 really 'released' or just announced? 

32 minutes ago, Ccd said:

This car was first supposed to get to the US in the Fall, then December, then January and now sometime in the Spring.

Blame the NHTSA from what I understand.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
30 minutes ago, hyteck9 said:

Total nonsense and it is quite often that this is not the case across car ranges tgat all variants are available at the same time in all countries.. what about all the Ford Mustangs we could never officially buy here? Or the Camaro's or others? And they were cars from the automotive global giants...

At least Lotus put the effort into putting tge steering wheel on the right side for you! :)

Anyway, its all the fault of your eco warriors and eco legislators that the 400 is taking so long to get across the pond.

2 minutes ago, hyteck9 said:

My interpretation is that the 410 will be available to UK buyers before I even get my 400 in the USA.  Maybe I read it wrong?  could be.

Looks like it will be close, but the 400 last I heard from my dealer (take that for what its worth) is due to show up April time frame.  The 410 looks like June in the UK according to Lotus. 

But I feel like this would be a good time to mention the fact that the 400 hasn't made it states side yet is due to Lotus not yet getting their Certificate of Compliance from whatever gov't agency on the US side issues those.  In Feb the expected target to get it was some time in March, hence April delivery ETA.

5 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Total nonsense and it is quite often that this is not the case across car ranges tgat all variants are available at the same time in all countries.. what about all the Ford Mustangs we could never officially buy here? Or the Camaro's or others? And they were cars from the automotive global giants...

At least Lotus put the effort into putting tge steering wheel on the right side for you! :)

Anyway, its all the fault of your eco warriors and eco legislators that the 400 is taking so long to get across the pond.

Hahaha.. See?!  As requested,  I will remove the Old bit, and will leave it at cranky Brit! :P  And don't be too sad about missing out on "all the mustangs and Camaros" that you didn't get an option to buy.  Most of those are Shyte, and have been Shyte, for many years.

I believe we have the VW nonsense to thank for all that EPA stuff... 

Still, I'm just the customer over here ( I'm not the government ) and I see Lotus creating special editions instead of creating a "track your order" webpage or even a reasonable and basic monthly update email Communicating to me what the heck is going on with my order !!

27 minutes ago, 99Problems said:

And don't be too sad about missing out on "all the mustangs and Camaros" that you didn't get an option to buy.  Most of those are Shyte, and have been Shyte, for many years.

I'm glad you said "most"..  because the Camaro Z-28 did very well at The Ring, and the Mustang Shelby GT350 with its new high-rev flat-plane crank v8 , magnetic ride control, and optional ultra-light carbon fiber wheels is a serious modern piece of business (and about half the price of the Evora 400).

The GT350 is certainly on my list of considerations if Lotus makes me wait too much longer to get keys in my hand.  (and continues to offer zero communication on the matter.)

Edited by hyteck9

yes, MOST was def. to cover the exceptions to the rule.  Still, no matter how capable the Z-28 may be, it doesn't check most of the boxes of what I want in a car, and while the GT350 is the nicest looking mustang in recent memory, it shares a problem I have with 911's...  Yeah, its the rarest, fastest, most bestest version of the Mustang or 911.... But it also looks too damn similar to the thousands and thousands of other Mustangs or 911's on the street of the same generation.

6 minutes ago, 99Problems said:

yes, MOST was def. to cover the exceptions to the rule.  Still, no matter how capable the Z-28 may be, it doesn't check most of the boxes of what I want in a car, and while the GT350 is the nicest looking mustang in recent memory, it shares a problem I have with 911's...  Yeah, its the rarest, fastest, most bestest version of the Mustang or 911.... But it also looks too damn similar to the thousands and thousands of other Mustangs or 911's on the street of the same generation.

I struggle with the Xerox looks of those brands/models as well.   The attractive price point may carry me over that hump at some point.

Edited by hyteck9

Besides the long wait to see the 400 in the flesh, I'm frustrated that the US won't see an Exige Roadster until it is re-designed sometime around 2020!  Until that time, Lotus will only have the 400 coupe/roadster and a few variations on them (like the 410) until that time when the new Elise and Exige are introduced (and maybe an SUV as well).  These comments refer to US availability

12 minutes ago, Ccd said:

Besides the long wait to see the 400 in the flesh, I'm frustrated that the US won't see an Exige Roadster until it is re-designed sometime around 2020!  Until that time, Lotus will only have the 400 coupe/roadster and a few variations on them (like the 410) until that time when the new Elise and Exige are introduced (and maybe an SUV as well).  These comments refer to US availability

At this rate though, by then $1 will be £2 and you'll be able to buy an Evora 550 Cup-S-R-RS4 Carlos Fandango edition and the new Exige for the current $ price of the 400 ;) 

• Like 1