free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 10 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

HKFever? ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

36 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I would be very surprised if they were.

.......as they are still selling parts for the Evora (stated on their Website) ?.......but I am also aware of some unspecified rumours relating the development of the "original" GTE in the Bahar era........ 

I'm only guessing, but I think it is more likely Reverie http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/home.php

They were started by an ex-Lotus chap so there is a link and they're in Essex so not too far from Norfolk. I expect they will at least have been asked to tender and a location nearby is an advantage with large parts.

1 hour ago, Snoopy1969 said:

.......as they are still selling parts for the Evora (stated on their Website) ?.......but I am also aware of some unspecified rumours relating the development of the "original" GTE in the Bahar era........ 

Oh how I've been missing Bahar rumours - do tell more. 

3 weeks ago I calculated that if Lotus had a 20% efficiency improvement over their stated production volume of 34 Evoras a week (2010) then the US cars couldn't possibly be finished before end July.

Assuming they're now knocking out 40 ish cars a week.

July = 2 weeks shutdown

So the 410 aint getting built until August at earliest.

However, as at 3 weeks ago I was led to believe the final chassis spec hadn't been 'signed off' and there was still development work to do. Now it appears there is a delay on carbon parts.

I'm quite chuffed in a way - I may have bought the 400, but my order is still in for the 410....(Hi Aimee).

@scott, (yes, I know you read this forum) : Lotus really could do with handling this better, the PR aint the best. Many peeps out there after a 410, if they decide not to wait will likely go purchase a 400. If that happens (like with me) it will wipe out the cheap as chips ex demo 400 stock and in 2-3 months time help justify the 410 price. And indeed the sticker 400 price too. The mid-sixties cars that are barely used are harming the value of the 400 (not just financially I mean)

For those (like me) waiting for a 410 - It will likely be Autumn at the earliest. Or, like me, leave your order live and go buy one of the cheap(er) ex-demos in the meantime!

A firm like lotus should always be granted leeway, but somebody there (probably you Scott - tongue in cheek!) needs lessons in consumer psychology. Silence (always interpreted by the consumer as 'sit in the corner and be quiet you insolent child') is something you expect from a larger car maker. Not Lotus.

p.s - Lotus, develop an aftermarket cupholder - please. Yes, she's an invigorating car, but strong coffee on the way, to decent roads is a must.

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

I agree with the Cup Holder... seems an odd thing to miss, but when you produce a cup holder for the Elise & Exige, why not produce one for your GT car.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

23 hours ago, fesuvious said:

However, as at 3 weeks ago I was led to believe the final chassis spec hadn't been 'signed off' and there was still development work to do. Now it appears there is a delay on carbon parts.

Who told you that the final chassis spec hadn't been signed off.... and did you get any specific details?

What was likely to change?

'likely to change'

The geo and setup is to be different from the 400. Lotus said that when the car was announced/revealed.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

• Gold FFM

I'm interested to see how it would change from the 400. I am not sure you can go much firmer than a 400 without becoming un-Lotus-like

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

No, but subtle geo changes can make a massive difference.

I'd imagine the 410 will have a more aggressive alignment. And, yes, alongside being lower, will likely have amended rates.

The 410 needs to be a step above the 400, a clear step. Shaving off weight equivalent to 3/4 of a tank of fuel isn't enough, neither is an extra handful of horses. Its a Lotus, so its gonna need to be a step up in terms of handling.

Which, personally I have no doubt it will be. Albeit for everyday road use unless you have been part possessed by the spirit of Senna, and your current surname is Rhorl your arse and nerves will never really know the difference.

5 hours ago, fesuvious said:

'likely to change'

The geo and setup is to be different from the 400. Lotus said that when the car was announced/revealed.

You miss my point.... I know what the expected 410 spec is.

However, You said in your post that you've heard that the "final chassis spec hasn't been signed off" - can you elaborate?

Yes, when I was making enquiries with Lotus @4 weeks ago and asking a number of questions this was what I was told.

I wanted to know why a car hadn't been available at all to drive, or for any press. 

The response I got was that, in short it wasn't quite finished yet and Lotus would not hand over a 410 to press or anyone else to sample until it was deemed 'spot-on'.

I asked if that meant there was still work to do on the setup and was told (in short) 'yes, the car isn't ready yet to be driven'.

That was 4 weeks ago. Maybe it's done by now. I've no idea.

I've had confirmation that my 410 order is now likely in August (as opposed to July originally), may as well wait until Sept now and get new registration...

So, clearly some delay with the builds...

• 1 month later...

1'28"2 by a simple weight reduction! The car has no real aero improvement and the extra 10bhp are not accounting for much, that is 2"6  faster than a  Evora 400 and faster than the Exige Sport which is some 150 kg lighter!!!   

• Like 1

The 400 has Pilot Sports.. The 410 has the Cup 2's, that's the "real" difference in lap time. Weight saving and tweeks will all add to the faster time but I'd bet it's the tyres that make the biggest difference.

Edited by auRouge
Typo
  • Like 1