free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 17 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora Sport 410

Precisely - 1325KG (advertised wet weight) minus 1280kg (advertised dry weight) is 45KG... which only accounts for fuel. I would have though there would be maybe another 15-30kg of other fluids in the car? 

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new Baby! I think it is the first 410 on German roads  

Epic Spanish trip. 2800 miles including a 700 mile drive back to tunnel. 410 performed perfectly . 

410 ordered. Another Exige owner making the jump over to Team Evora, though there seems to be a fair bit of traffic both ways. Never had one before but always admired them and have thoroughly enj

Posted Images

Yes I agree on the weight discrepancy. My understanding is that the European definition for the kerb weight of a car includes fluids with a 90% full fuel tank plus a 68 kg notional driver and 7 kg of luggage so would include an additional 75 kg too. The dry weight would be with no fuel, no engine oil, no gear-box oil, no brake fluid, no washer bottle fluid, no cooling water and no air-conditioning fluid so I'd expect that to save around 65 kg or more, hence the dry weight perhaps around 140-150 kg less than the kerb weight. I'm not sure the term 'wet weight' is defined, but still I'd expect a bigger difference to the dry weight. 

3 hours ago, NedaSay said:

The engine can produce a lot more torque, the gearbox cannot cope with more than 430nm and it appears Lotus is staying voluntarily away from that maximum, to preserve the box I guess. The GTE had an Xtrac AMT derived from the GTE and touring car gearbox, it could cope with a lot more torque but was reported to be too finicky... 

The two GTE race cars had full Xtrac sequential boxes. The GTE road cars had the std close ratio toyota box converted using a AMT system by an Italian company called Automac iirc.

The GTE road cars had one of two engine configurations in the back of them. Either the Lotus tuned 400hp spec or the swindon tuned 420. I don't have any info on what the lotus 400hp spec engine put out but the 420 swindon was only about 385 on a dyno.  Swindon say with a pulley change it will do 420.

Dyno plot of the swindon engine.

IMG_20151004_171146_edit.jpg

Edited by TheKevlarKid
more info

I 'd like the embargo to end as early as monday next week. I like the teasing as much as the next guy but we have no idea how much coverage the got so teasing to much and not having an onslaught of review is counter productive ...

• Like 1

Terrible editing on the Exhaust video, but sounds exactly like a stock 400 to me... not a bad thing

I just noticed on their twitter page they quote a DRY weight of 1270kg. That is quite impressive, it's 70kg less than a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera... although the Lambo does have four more cylinders, and AWD

James Martin (JayEmm)

My thoughts on the exhaust too James!

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I don't see any indication that it's the Titanium Exhaust. Tailpiece looks different, if it was the lightweight exhaust I would expect a much grander introduction!

James Martin (JayEmm)

The Sport 410 does use the standard 400 exhaust that's why it sounds no different. I believe the optional Titanium Silencer is the same design but obviously made from titanium with a "burnt effect" blue tip and would probably be a similar sound, just a lot lighter:thumbup:

So the tip shown in that little video is maybe just a slightly different tidy for the 410 then? With some lightness-inducing holes added.

I have no idea about exhaust design but I expect there's only a limited amount that can be done given the space constraints of the Evora's packaging

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 27/10/2016 at 17:09, DaveC72 said:

Seems there may well be an embargo in place... :o

NB particularly a fan of the final #...

So, I asked the above when they could talk about it.  The reply was "tomorrow" late last night.

Fingers crossed.

Take a look at @driesvdelzen's Tweet: https://twitter.com/driesvdelzen/status/793225634034094080?s=09

For me, it's the "proper" special edition of the Evora.  That statement in no way denigrates anyone who bought a previous special edition.

The fact that Lotus has decided to build a distillation of it's core beliefs on the Evora platform makes me very, very happy.  That lap time is just insane, and I can only hope that it would translate in to a proper B-road weapon.  I'm sure it will.

Visually, I think they've got it spot on.

I also think that this could be a car that gets Lotus some properly decent PR.

• Like 2

For me, it doesn't make sense.

Sure, bolt a load of "make go faster" bits on, but the essence of the Evora is a 2+2... remove the back seat and you might as well have an Exige.

So a 410 with rear seat would make far more sense to me. But hey, everyone likes a choice... I made my choice and I'm very happy with my Hethel Ed 400 :) I would be interested in some of the carbon bits tho, form more than function in my case.

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

39 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Sure, bolt a load of "make go faster" bits on, but the essence of the Evora is a 2+2... remove the back seat and you might as well have an Exige.

Except you wouldn't have the extra space that the Evora platform gives you...

... I know that might be a small thing, but it's one of the major reasons I didn't buy an Exige.  I can persuade the OH to go on a driving holiday in an Evora sized car, but she would baulk at travelling for more than a couple of days without her "essentials". I genuinely don't need the seats, but would need the space.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

No surprises that I'm very excited by the +0 nature of the 410. I have no use for the extra two seats and appreciate that people like @CocoPops do, so that is why we have the 400 I suppose :)

For me the much more focused nature of the 410 is really attractive. I'd have one without the radio/ice but with the air con in a heartbeat if i had the £80k+ just sat around doing nothing.

I mean, can you imagine the porsche forums slagging off the 911GT3/R whatever because the raw performance focused 911 had no back seats like the carrera 2?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Review now up on Pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/lotus/lotus-evora-sport-410-review/35221

Seems you can't discuss Lotus now without mentioning the P word

This, I feel, is high praise from the usually Porsche biased PH:

It really is hard to fault the Evora from the perspective of someone who loves driving. It won't immerse quite like a 3-Eleven or Elise Cup, but then you would be far happier taking this out through Belgium for a Spa weekend. Which brings us to the price again...

Some will see £82,000 for an Evora as a lot, but as a £82,000 driving experience it looks tremendous value and certainly the Evora we would buy. The Sport 410 is 325kg lighter than an F-Type V8 by manufacturer figures, more involving than a 911 Carrera and quicker than an Aston V8 Vantage. Detractors will continue to raise the price, but this is a car so much more about the experience than the numbers.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!