free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 18 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

Autocar review here

All seems extremely positive at the moment.  Would love to see that GT4 vs 410 that Piston Heads want to do...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow, the Autocar review is amazing. Strangely more glowing than the PH review, even though it was written by the same bloke!

Go figure!

If these great 410 reviews on top of the great US 400 reviews don't pursuade more people to start looking at Evora's (400 & 410), then nothing will!!!

Altough I still think the 400 is a better choice for me than a 410, I can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy towards those lucky people who have a 410 on order :)

52 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Wow, the Autocar review is amazing. Strangely more glowing than the PH review, even though it was written by the same bloke!

Go figure!

Weird as you say.  Its almost as though its catering for two audiences with different tastes....

Enjoyed the video, and whilst the only dutch word I know is "Drempel" (Speed Bump), you get the sense that he really liked it!

Update:  Apparently an English version will be up later today :)

telegraph review here

even though they gave it 4 stars, the review is bizarrely negative when reading. Also, there are some plainly wrong statements here. Reliability and residuals are not worse than other cars of its type (looking at you porsche). Anyway, still a 4* review.

Youtube does have an auto translate in the captions, but it's not always that accurate :lol:

5592365729579008.jpg

• Like 1

A couple more, all good - although the Torygraph's feel's a bit "grudging".

Telegraph

Car

3 minutes ago, Cypriot said:

telegraph review here

even though they gave it 4 stars, the review is bizarrely negative when reading. Also, there are some plainly wrong statements here. Reliability and residuals are not worse than other cars of its type (looking at you porsche). Anyway, still a 4* review.

Sorry Michael, posts crossed - but agree with your thoughts.

My guess with the PH version of the review is that it was toned down to placate the rabid Porsche fans that took over the place and ruined it for everyone else!

Very strong reviews overall though. Moreso than I had anticipated. I REEEEEALLLLY want to drive one now.

I'm starting to think the Sport 410 is a proper Lotus Sport car in the tradition of the great Esprit Sport 300. There's me thinking they need a Motorsport department for things like that!

I think for me... what makes the 410 such a FANTASTIC car... over the 400?

Or did the people reviewing the 410 never drive a 400?

What about a back to back review of the 400 vs 410?

1 hour ago, Neal H said:

If these great 410 reviews on top of the great US 400 reviews don't pursuade more people to start looking at Evora's (400 & 410), then nothing will!!!

Altough I still think the 400 is a better choice for me than a 410, I can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy towards those lucky people who have a 410 on order :)

But this is what Lotus is facing, at least in the US. This came in response to me encouraging people to support Lotus on the Road and Track article on Facebook:

{Hey you, silly Lotus owner} only a Lotus owner would try and compare the Evora to the 911. It competes with the Cayman and Boxster. Along with those it competes with the Corvette, the Shelby GT350 and 350R and the Camaro ZL1. Just to think of a couple off the top of my head, with the exception of a fully loaded Cayman or Vette, all of those undercut the price of the Lotus by a decent amount with just as much fun, if not more so. Especially when it comes to the 350R. The Lotus may be a blast to drive, and thats good and all but the modern car buyer needs more than that. They need technology, they need comfort, most want an adjustable ride and driving style of the car. Storage space is at a premium in cars in this category because they are still cheap enough that this may be the only car some people have. I get it that you love your Lotus and thats great, im glad you found the right car for you but for the majority of the population there are better choices out there for them.

4 minutes ago, auRouge said:

So good looking. This is the Evora I've always dreamed of, stop worrying about those GT4's and stratospheric GT3 RS's that can't really be exercised on the road anyway... 410 is all the car any petrolhead needs!! Well done Lotus ???

Agreed. Though I was unsold by the yellow offering at the start, these other colours are showing it much better. Very aggressive looking in many of the shots now. I kind of want one now, but two cars from the 400 range isn't possible....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

I think for me... what makes the 410 such a FANTASTIC car... over the 400?

Or did the people reviewing the 410 never drive a 400?

What about a back to back review of the 400 vs 410?

All those little tweaks make an awesome car even more awesome... 

Think of it as a pretty woman in a evening dress (the 400 as it were). Stripping her down to her underwear (the 410) just makes her even more desirable?

I'm a huge fan of the 410. One day, oh yes one day you'll be mine?

8 minutes ago, auRouge said:

Think of it as a pretty woman in a evening dress (the 400 as it were). Stripping her down to her underwear (the 410) just makes her even more desirable?

That's not always been my experience :)

• Like 2

Another rave review, if rather brief. And Lotus' answer to the Porsche 911 GT3? Not sure JMG said that...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lotus/evora/97535/lotus-evora-410-review

And another 5 stars....Its getting boring now ;) but it does headline as a Porsche Beater!

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-reviews/2016-lotus-evora-sport-410-review-british-porsche-beater 

When did Lotus fix the pricing? GBP 82,000 for the UK market equates to EUR 91,000 at today's rates. The Lotus press release quotes EUR 108,500 for European sales. Am I missing something?

Also each report seems to have its own idea regarding the cost, or otherwise, of ticking the air con and entertainment option boxes.

Much to my own surprise, I think the dark colours work best on these.

Interesting, was just watching the Dutch video and it appears they dropped the boot gas struts in favour of a plastic prop rod for the boot lid?

bit more weight saving there :lol:

IMG_3222.PNG