free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 19 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

Nice vid B-)

i've tweeted Lotus about the official specs though.....

claimed max max torque of 302lbs.ft at 3.5krpm

but to make 410bhp at 7krpm you need to be producing more than 307lbs.ft of torque.

Something not right there..... <_<

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Savage410 said:

Where ist the beautiful Carbon-Diffusor gone?

I'm pretty sure that you can see some weave on the diffuser in the Dutch video. 

Yes I diffuser looked carbon to me.

Regarding Mik's comment it's torque limited so the gearbox can go 8 billion miles without a rebuild. I wish for specials like this they offered more torque with a condition that the box is rebuilt every 50,000 miles (or whatever would be required). I have to rebuild my Caterham's gearbox for the same reasons and it's just part of the deal. A friend has de-restricted his 311 and is still running the same manual gearbox. It's now putting out 460bhp and a massive amount more torque. I am keeping a close eye on how long it lasts!

2 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

The English version of the Dutch Video is now up:

And it's really worth watching and listening to.  Love it.

@anthonyyule

you must be quite excited?!

has this chap got it right about the tyres though? Cup2's standard? seem to remember you or someone else saying they weren't... on a car like this quite important as it adds to the whole ambience of ultimate Evora track tool!! 

3 hours ago, Neal H said:

That's not always been my experience :)

&amp;amp;lt;img alt=":)" data-emoticon="" height="20" src="https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20"/&amp;amp;gt;

Too many beers and then you woke up next to...?

Edited by auRouge

34 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I'm pretty sure that you can see some weave on the diffuser in the Dutch video. 

The Diffuser on the yellow Mockup at Geneva ist Fullcarbon and totaly differnet than the 400 ones.

The "New" Diffuser has only a little Carbon.

You can see it best on the Exhaust/Sound Clip on Facebook.

That Telegraph review of the 410 was clearly written by a Porsche fan boy.  It starts off negative and seems to carry on that way with just one positive comment.  Reading that it's no wonder so many well healed people are put off a Lotus and end up in a Porsche.

2 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

He certainly wasn't holding much back around Hethel!

Just a shame that the exhaust is still going to cause issues at so many UK trackdays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

A friend has de-restricted his 311 and is still running the same manual gearbox. It's now putting out 460bhp and a massive amount more torque. I am keeping a close eye on how long it lasts!

Oooh beans need spilling on this Mr P

46 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

That Telegraph review of the 410 was clearly written by a Porsche fan boy.  It starts off negative and seems to carry on that way with just one positive comment.  Reading that it's no wonder so many well healed people are put off a Lotus and end up in a Porsche.

Actually he's not , more of a classic car aficionado has a lovely Db5 and is pretty sensible, I didn't read it quite as negatively as others tho 

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

regarding Mik's comment it's torque limited so the gearbox can go 8 billion miles without a rebuild. I wish for specials like this they offered more torque with a condition that the box is rebuilt every 50,000 miles (or whatever would be required). 

Ok, but  power is a calculation based on Torque and rpm.

BHP = (torque x rpm) / 5252

If the car is limited to 302 lbs.ft then by definition it can't make 410bhp at 7000rpm. It's either making more torque at that point, (over 307 lbs.ft) or its peak power point is slightly higher (like 7140rpm).

Grey one please. But. That gaudy lump of ally plate in the dash needs to be subtler maybe carbon fibre .

3 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

I'd re-read it then.  He's waxing lyrical about 911s at the bottom of the page.

Yep have reread it. I think 'sensible money choice' is hardly waxing lyrical...and the three mini reviews are just usual review boilerplate attached to any article of this segment.

Anyway I'm seeing all 410 reviews as positive so all good really ?

Top Gear Magazine seems great.I wonder what Mr.Harris is going to say in the show.Maybe he will just ignore the car.

Edited by nerobi

Ha! According to him all of the positive reviews is just blind patriotism and xenophobia! Even the Road & Track one presumably? :stuart:

Road and Track posted its performance car of the year test yesterday.  The cars tested were a Porsche 911 Turbo S, a Honda NSX, a Jaguar F-Type SVR, a Corvette Grand Sport, a BMW M4 GTS, a Mercedes AMG 63 S, an Audi R8 V10, A Nissan GT-R Nismo and an Evora 400.  There would have been a McLaren 570S as well but they crashed it :o

First shock is that the Porsche doesn't win.  The NSX does.  The second shock is that the Evora (only the Corvette was cheaper) came second. :thumbsup:

Quotes include, " It's the only car here that's fun when you're driving slow or fast."  " The steering is untouchable in this company; the pedals are weighted to perfection. Feedback is absolute and millimeter-precise."  "... the AP Racing brakes didn't fade a whisker during two days' worth of track driving—particularly impressive when you consider that it was probably the most popular car in pit lane."

All good stuff!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nerobi said:

Top Gear Magazine seems great.I wonder what Mr.Harris is going to say in the show.Maybe he will just ignore the car.

He will say that all the other test reviewers are wrong and that it's not worth his while test driving the 410 because he's too busy writing superlatives about the latest limited edition 911 with revised cup holder. He just knows the 410 will be overrated shit.

29 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

The more I read the reviews, and the more I comprehend the philosophy distilled ethos that brought about the Sport 410, the more I know I want one.

Drag strip data, bhp Top Trumps and outright figures are never going to give you a feel for what a car is capable of, but I keep watching the video from Autovisie in the Netherlands which seems to convey just how good this car is.  It almost makes me want to pick up my ill fated attempt to learn Dutch.

You don't just want to watch their English version also posted? :)

I've watched that too - but my limited Dutch makes me think that the commentary isn't the same ;)

Long time since I was in Norfolk - what shall I do tomorrow?......

What I would like to know is how civilised the 400 stays - is it still miles more refined than an Exige V6, or has a lot of NVH been sacrificed for a little extra performance?

Good to see positive reviews coming in

I just noticed auto car say the ICE and AC are no cost options.... Hmmm...