free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 20 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

19 hours ago, The Pits said:

Wow, the Autocar review is amazing. Strangely more glowing than the PH review, even though it was written by the same bloke!

Go figure!

So in a sense, can you really believe what he has written? In either article?

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean that he maybe does not think the car is any good, but he can't say what he would maybe like to, so possibly readers don't get the full picture?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looking at the (when I remember right) the now updated Option list on Lotuscars webs. I get the Impression that the Option list / Standard items have changed (or maybe nobody knows...)

Standard Cup 2 tyres are mentioned in some reviews, - would like to know how a Evora 400 and 410 with the same Options would perform on similar tyres - I guess there would be no significant difference for 99% of us, but don´t get me wrong: I like the 410 alternative a lot but I guess the tyres have the biggest Impact on track times, not the weight savings

In the Autocar Review satnav and airco are mentioned as "no cost Options", in other Reviews a (I think much lower than before.. ?) price  is mentioned - that was different some weeks ago.....

A "Standard battery is mentioned on Lotuscars, therefore Lithium battery Standard?

Nice to see that you can get a "Tartan pack", would b a nice Option in my eyes. Summed up, very amazing Addition of the range!

So, black louvres, external colour highlights on the interior trim, tartan pack option. All references back to various incarnations of the Esprit. What is Lotus telling us? Are we being prepared for something new? Or am I delusional? Probably......

I think it's just wishful thinking. There can only be ONE Sport 300! Although I'm also getting vibes... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

They reference the Sport 300 in the press release.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I hope this car is more than the sum of its parts. Every now and the a manufacturer produces something that despite not having great headline figures has a great balance all round and maybe this is the case here. Certainly 1300 plus kg and an extra 10hp on its own won't make that much difference. I too suspect the tyres are a significant part of the equation but Lotus have hopefully matched the damping and spring rates to these as that's what they do best. As far as I'm aware the 410 hasn't seen the inside of the Motorsport department unfortunately.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Trevor,

I completely agree.

"Every now and the a manufacturer produces something that despite not having great headline figures has a great balance all round and maybe this is the case here."

1 hour ago, Trevsked said:

We need to forget the BHP race, it's fun but silly. The all round balance is what will make it a one of the best to come out of Hethal.

The Evora 410 Sport has evolved into something quite special, not that it should matter too much but I bet those residuals stick on this variant.

5 hours ago, hedgerley said:

So, black louvres, external colour highlights on the interior trim, tartan pack option. All references back to various incarnations of the Esprit. What is Lotus telling us? Are we being prepared for something new? Or am I delusional? Probably......

Well if the have to reference something, they may just as well refer to the most iconic Lotus ever, don't they.

on a side note we know that the 2014 Esprit was using the Evora tub with different rear sub structure, we know there has been at least one prototype of this substructure built and sold as a prototype to a very luck client... So in terms of chassis, the car does exist. And i don't think it would be that hard to develop a new Esprit cause it would not be "a from the ground up" kind of thing. However I don't think JMG will sign off on it as long as he doesn't know where the company is going ownership wise.... Should the company future be decided soon  I don't see JMG not giving it a shot after he gets the next gen Elise out and about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NedaSay said:

on a side note we know that the 2014 Esprit was using the Evora tub with different rear sub structure, we know there has been at least one prototype of this substructure built and sold as a prototype to a very luck client... So in terms of chassis, the car does exist. And i don't think it would be that hard to develop a new Esprit cause it would not be "a from the ground up" kind of thing. However I don't think JMG will sign off on it as long as he doesn't know where the company is going ownership wise.... Should the company future be decided soon  I don't see JMG not giving it a shot after he gets the next gen Elise out and about.

We can only hope!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Evora 410 Aircon & Radio ARE cost options - you're looking at an additional £4,000 for both. 2,500 for aircon, 1,500 for stereo. 

Gents some seriously wishful going on thinking here. JMG has never mentioned any plans for an Esprit. Worse, we have to endure the torture of watching Esprit development money being wasted on a SUV to get through first.

However, we do now have a mid-mounted 410bhp Lotus with a kerbweight very close to the fastest Esprit of them all - the Sport 350. All for far less than a new Esprit would most likely cost too. So all is not lost.

Mine would definitely not have a stereo in it. Having lived without a stereo in the Exige for 3 years it really isn't an issue. Earphones and an iphone is all you need. You can even get the radio on BBC iplayer app.

I would have untold respect for the man who specs his Evora 410 without aircon but I'm pretty sure I'd tick that box just like I did with the Exige.

2 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Earphones and an iphone is all you need.

I thought earphones were illegal in the UK if driving a car on the public highway?

Just did a search. Apparently it is not explicitly illegal in the UK but if caught driving with headphones you can be prosecuted for driving without due care since the headphones are deemed to be affecting your normal senses. I guess you might not hear a bicycle bell...

Pretty certain I'd heard this before because somebody was prosecuted, but could be my memory playing tricks on me.

Keep the 410 simple and pure, if you want creature comforts buy the 400 and get it Komoteched to 430 BHP and enjoy pretty much the same power to weight for less cash. 

Theyve put a LOT of effort getting this car light by using a lot of expensive Carbon Fibre (love those seats!), I'd imagine not a huge profit in it. If they need to charge £1500 for a stereo and £2500 for A/C that's fair enough isn't it?

just saying?

59 minutes ago, Kalli said:

Evora 410 Aircon & Radio ARE cost options - you're looking at an additional £4,000 for both. 2,500 for aircon, 1,500 for stereo. 

• Like 1

I've certainly never been stopped and I see people using earphones to go 'hands-free' every day. It's a bit like the helmet law. Technically not allowed on the road in a car for much the same reasons but you really need one for a 211 type car at anything over 40mph. I wore a helmet a lot in my aeroscreen Caterham on the road. Was never stopped.

I expect most police officers are quite reasonable and would not bother with something so minor, but you get the odd one.

Reminds me of the eating whilst driving prosecution where a newspaper gave doughnuts away near a police station and photographed lots of police officers driving whilst eating. Now I can't pop a wurthers original in my mouth without checking the vicinity for police cars first.

Isn't it £1500 for AC and £2000 for radio/sat nav. Is so saved you £500 already ?

Black n gold

Just saying, but deaf people are allowed to drive in the UK. Bit of a shit argument that headphones stop you from hearing stuff! 

http://www.hearingdirect.com/blog/driving-with-hearing-loss.html

Anyway, about that Evora 410...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Headphones are great. In a room. On a plane.

i'd never wear whilst driving. Or cycling. Or running anywhere other than on a treadmill.

one armed folks are allowed to drive too - doesn't mean it is sensible for me to stick one arm out of the window whenever I drive.

In such a finely honed offering to the gods of lightness a stereo should be illegal!

If light is right, a stereo is wrong! What are you lot mobile DJs or drivers?!

I'll let aircon pass on a technicality due to the fixed roof. I do use it in the Exige, not that much in honesty but I'd probably spec it again. But I didn't have aircon in my Elise and didn't miss it at all. OK, once on a scorching day in Italy with some miles to do on the autostrada and I'd had enough sun for the day. But one day in 5 years is not worth the weight penalty.

• Like 1

Just buy a wireless speaker and plonk it on the rear shelf, connect your music player of choice to it and crank it up. It'll probably sound better than the Lotus installed one anyway, cheaper, and lighter.

:P