free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 21 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

I think I'd be speccing the stereo, perhaps not for the music but in order to get the rear view camera which I'm assuming it'd come with. It's proving invaluable on my 400, and let's face it trying to parallel park a 410 is likely to attract some attention..... Last thing I want to do is spoil my CF diffuser on the tow hook of some old barge in front of a crowd.....

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very good point. I really need to weigh my access panel because I am amazed there was 2KG to save there

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Have I missed something or has there not been a peep from Evo on the 410? Can't find anything on their website. Kind of surprised, have Lotus fallen out with them? Or are Evo just at 6's and 7's with losing so many staff at once?

Assuming they were at the journalist launch it wouldn't surprise me if they are holding back until their next print issue and, to go out on a limb and daydreaming (again) they may have more of an depth assessment pending, with Lotus' blessing. They have form doing this but I can't remember what car it was....

1 hour ago, Chris J said:

Have I missed something or has there not been a peep from Evo on the 410? Can't find anything on their website. Kind of surprised, have Lotus fallen out with them? Or are Evo just at 6's and 7's with losing so many staff at once?

They're probably waiting so they can compare it to something from Stuttfart (oops, accidental I promise) so they can find something to mark it down on. 

They could do so much more for a British manufacturer they should be proud of. It's not even mentioned on their website. And given what an obviously brilliant car this is, I think that's a very poor show. 

• Like 1

It is my understanding the car is still doing the rounds with various outlets, they may simply have just not had their turn yet

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 11/4/2016 at 04:03, RJB said:

Had a good visit to the factory yesterday -  Scott kindly showed me around, saw the black 410 and after some deliberation have gone for British racing green with black alcantara with yellow stitching - delivery December ?. Yes I have gone for A/C as will be using in Europe in the summers and for the stereo as I am with pickle on the camera and the drive to the Alps is a long one without some music. Lost 5kg on a recent cycle trip so I can afford it at the moment ? I understand the argument of going for the 400 and adding the carbon pack perhaps but the 410 is a different car - best interior of the 3 I will have owned.

Hi Richard - congrats on the spec choice, will be amazing.

Did you see any 410's in build yet at the factory?

Thanks! Am looking forward to it, been a long time coming.... aside the 3 x press cars mine will be the first customer 410 so  none yet. Really worth the visit to the factory - gives a great insight in to where and what Lotus are - very niche and all the better for it 

You've only just ordered but will be the first to receive your car? Fantastic for you, but a slight kick in the teeth to those who ordered ages back! :o

Not quite Colin G - I ordered a 400 October 2015, switched the order to a 410 as soon as the spec was released in Feb and have been waiting since..... just switched the colour and confirmed the spec at the factory visit ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Thanks! Am looking forward to it, been a long time coming.... aside the 3 x press cars mine will be the first customer 410 so  none yet. Really worth the visit to the factory - gives a great insight in to where and what Lotus are - very niche and all the better for it 

Wow, first one, awesome! Going to try and arrange a factory visit when mine is in build, hopefully not too long after yours! (Ordered in March).

• Like 1

Is that solid BRG or Lotus Racing Green, either way great choice! Certainly to my taste.

Having done a trip to Spa two-up stuffed to the gunnels in the Exige this summer, I can definitely see the appeal of something as track capable with a bit more space. However the V6 Cup has been such a phenomenally good car parting with it is never going to be easy. Hence the lack of 311 in the garage!

It's the Lotus racing green - not a colour I had thought of but to see it in the "flesh" with the black wheels and roof - looks stunning. Certainly plan a few track days and alpine drives and the Evora does give you that bit extra room. Have always been tempted by the Exige - the 410 gives that focus but with a bit more room. 

Stunning choice. I can certainly see the appeal of the 410. I think it would be a nicer car for the longer trips to the Alps but should be just as capable in the mountains too. It would sound even better in the tunnels as well!

• Like 1

Given the fact I had the pleasure of comparing the Cayman GT4's "best gearshift in the world" and my 400's the other day, I do not know what that guy is on about. Unless those cars had a duff shifter, the gearshift in the 400 is incredible.

Put it this way, the difference between an Evora S1 and a 400 is MUCH bigger than the difference between the 400 and the Porsche.

James Martin (JayEmm)

I see Lotus have updated their website. http://www.lotuscars.com/evora-sport-410

I am glad to see their website gets the same quality control as their cars, they have a picture of the 400's rear while talking about the 410 and they can't spell Chassis either.... It would be funny if it wasn't sad.

James Martin (JayEmm)

'Stering' and 'breaks' isn't right either. 

@Bibs could you point this out to them? It would be a shame if this detracted from the cars. At the end of the day I'm quite relaxed about spelling and grammar but others are less kind.

• Like 1

Already have although it's the weekend so I wouldn't expect it to be updated until Mon :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They're also looking into what's wrong with the bhp/torque specs.....

Just read earlier that the 410 deletes the bulkhead glass. What is it replaced with? A solid panel? <_<

Edited by mik

I'll be spending a bit more time with one soon so I'll be able to answer any and all questions shortly :D

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@mik it was my understanding that the 410 has a single glazed piece rather than a double glazed element there. I am interested to know quite how drastic the difference in NVH is compared with the 400.

James Martin (JayEmm)