free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 23 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I like the idea of a carbon hatch of course, but there is little to love about the 410 design IMHO.

louvres look 'orrile, and the  design lines around the rear window are lost . 

Function on over form - I know :(

That image above looks absolutely amazing to me. I already loved the 400 design and think it was a huge improvement over an already great car. 

This just takes it to a whole other level though. If only I had the money...

I wouldn't normally consider a grey Evora, had my grey phase a long time ago, last silvery grey car I owned was an R34 Skyline GTR back in the early noughties.

But I have to say the 410 looks amazing in that particular grey. It really sets off the carbon. With a brighter colour you almost don't notice the carbon until you get up close because the sheer yellowness or orangeyness is what dominates at first.

My 410 if I had one would be Motorsport Green naturally but fair play to anyone who orders a grey one. It makes the car look very technical and expensive. Lotus are going to have to do something pretty spectacular with the next Exige to keep me on the team!

I like it myself, but I do think that the design has created two hollows for water and leaves to collect in. Something that I've noticed to a lesser extent on the 400. Nothing that would stop me from getting one though....:)

There's a fair bit I like about the 410 - the tailgate is nice, although I would be very tempted to half paint it. I don't mind the carbon front lip, although you just know that'll need replacing.

I am not keen on the blanked out rear windows. Carbon roof is nice, although I really wish the piece between the roof and the deck had been made carbon too, it looks a bit odd.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

But I have to say the 410 looks amazing in that particular grey. It really sets off the carbon. With a brighter colour you almost don't notice the carbon until you get up close because the sheer yellowness or orangeyness is what dominates at first.

Funnily enough I had reservations about adding a carbon spoiler to mine due to the subtleness of the colour differentiation but have grown to like it and had quite a few compliments. However, I do think I need the Sport 410 carbon front access panel and/or alloy wheels to balance out the modification...2016-01-30 09.22.52-01.jpeg

I do love the duck tail style of the Sport 410 and much prefer it to the separated style of the Evora/400.. 

• Like 1

@JAWS I do believe @Gm77 painted his (well, Charlotte's) 400 access panel black. I'm sure he has a picture he can share to show how it looks.

I'm not fond of it on the 410, I think the black vents already provide a nice bit of contrast on the front.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Like this James??.....

Lotus_evora_Sport410_017-L.jpg

Couple of kilos saved, Food for thought.

Yes - the difference being it's only the access panel which Greg had painted, the 410 they also painted the body above the vents

James Martin (JayEmm)

@JAWS That looks amazing mate. I really like the subtlety of it. My favourite details of cars are always the ones people miss if they're not paying attention. Really like the carbon spoiler. I'd be tempted to take it even a stage further and paint it but leave just the lip unpainted so the weave showed through. 

and @The Pits I can't believe what I'm hearing! :D Lotus WILL do something spectacular with the Exige, I'm banking on it!

• Like 1

Central Lotus will have the first RHD 410 and will be unveiling Saturday 26th at 11am 

i have put more info in EMEG events area

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Odd review. I'm not sure why he keeps talking about the 400 like it was a feather duster. It's light next to an F Type but only "on par" with a few other vehicles. 

Also intriguing to see another mention of the stereo and AC being free to add back in. When I was looking at 410s they were significant cost options and one thing which put me off (I didn't fancy paying four grand for something that was free in the cheaper car).

Has anyone got an up to date official price list for the 410?

James Martin (JayEmm)

As I understand it that's where the real cost comes from - not just making it in carbon, but making it look pretty. Even the i8's carbon fibre is not pretty

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

Great review of the 410 in Auto Express 2-8 Nov. Looks gorgeous and the journalist Steve Sutcliffe knows what he's talking about. 

@JayEmm they say £82k 

"This is a great car, in fact, and one that true fans will properly connect with"

IMG_9105.JPG

No they couldn't but have you driven a 991 mate? They're great cars too, the Evora will offer a lot more connection and they alluded to that fact. It will be close but I'm not sure I'd be faster in the Evora.. look forward to trying one day! 

A JayEmm to the rescue moment...

410 vs the rest of the world video!!?

well said Danelaw.

on the positive side at least the article says:-

"But when your starting point is the already excellent Evora 400, the results are likely to be spectacular"

and it's now correctly competing with 911's. 

i wouldn't be upset with this review if I was JMG.

the formula of adding lightness to already light cars instead of BHP is catching. the press photos are also excellent, this cars going to do really well. 

On the Lotus 50/50 0% deal I can easily see it increasing overall Evora sales to where JMG is hoping to be.

potential 911 buyers won't be able to resist this surely? it's soooo much cooler!

On 10/11/2016 at 18:51, JAWS said:

Funnily enough I had reservations about adding a carbon spoiler to mine due to the subtleness of the colour differentiation but have grown to like it and had quite a few compliments. However, I do think I need the Sport 410 carbon front access panel and/or alloy wheels to balance out the modification...2016-01-30 09.22.52-01.jpeg

I do love the duck tail style of the Sport 410 and much prefer it to the separated style of the Evora/400.. 

Me too!

New 410 rear end has a hint of 3-11 in it, Lotus is forming its signature look.. It's every bit good looking as the 911 and actually adds a real sense of something more exotic. 

Edited by auRouge
Iphone
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, auRouge said:

potential 911 buyers won't be able to resist this surely? it's soooo much cooler!

I hope and expect you're right in the case of enthusiasts, but often those P-cars are bought by badge snobs. 

17 minutes ago, auRouge said:

It's every bit good looking as the 911

I hope even the badge snobs will see the Evora (in whichever guise) has more exotic styling than the 911 family.

These reviews of the 410 all seem keen on the optional titanium exhaust - even at £5500. I hope people go for it and I'd like to know if there really is a difference in sound as suggested by some journalists. Whatever the truth, I'm getting drawn to buy this exhaust but struggling to justify the cost - I might have to learn to weld.

When will they do a full titanium exhaust? They started with tips, now the back-box, but there's more weight to be saved...

If you guys can find me someone with a 410 willing to lend it to me I would be quite happy to review it!

i know that a 911 is probably quicker round a track than my Evora. If going fast was my goal I would have bought a second hand 911 turbo. It wasn't. My goal was to enjoy driving.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)