free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 24 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

I did not think the 410 was being offered on 50:50.

Would love to see a base model (price matched) 911 compete head to head on track with a 400. would the 911 really be quicker?

Would then want to see a price matched 911 compete with the 410 on track.

Maybe Lotus needs 4 Evora models to compete with Porsches 72!  A 400, 400AWD, 410 and a 450 S whatever...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Maybe Lotus needs 4 Evora models to compete with Porsches 72!  A 400, 400AWD, 410 and a 450 S whatever...

I think the last thing Lotus needs is more derivatives! They already catch flak for the endless Sport/Cup/GT/Anniversary variations they put out.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 14:48, Danelaw said:

These reviews of the 410 all seem keen on the optional titanium exhaust - even at £5500. I hope people go for it and I'd like to know if there really is a difference in sound as suggested by some journalists. Whatever the truth, I'm getting drawn to buy this exhaust but struggling to justify the cost - I might have to learn to weld.

When will they do a full titanium exhaust? They started with tips, now the back-box, but there's more weight to be saved...

as far as I'm aware the option titanium exhaust is a full system

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

@C8RKH it would be an interesting comparison, particularly the Base 911. There are a lot of options you can spec that will probably help track times.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

3 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

as far as I'm aware the option titanium exhaust is a full system

I hope you're right, but something I read suggested it was just the back-box. The price would seem right for a full system but a little steep for just the back-box.

It seems interesting to me the vacuum of information on this new exhaust when its supplied by Janspeed. You'd have thought there would be detailed information and specifications as its just an OEM supply.  Does Lotus have anyone on product marketing / management or have they been let go?

Also be nice to know if it's a different design or just the same one made in a different material

James Martin (JayEmm)

I spoke to Sapphire at CTL earlier today and she too confirmed the tours will carry on next year :) 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Glad to hear the tours will continue. I'm surprised you didn't see any 410s on the line.

I know who the green Elise belongs to, I'm sure it will be revealed in due course...

James Martin (JayEmm)

That Green Elise owner will be chuffed to bits. It was gorgeous!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I used to have a Kawasaki green S1 Exige, it is a stunning colour.

• Like 2

What a stunning soundtrack that has!

On 1 November 2016 at 17:27, mik said:

Nice vid B-)

i've tweeted Lotus about the official specs though.....

claimed max max torque of 302lbs.ft at 3.5krpm

but to make 410bhp at 7krpm you need to be producing more than 307lbs.ft of torque.

Something not right there..... <_<

EVO mag test the 410 this month against the latest R35 GTR. (Richard Meaden article)

Peak torque quoted as 310lbs.ft in the mag, which made me check the Lotus website, which is also now showing the same figure.

Interesting final comment, have said that the 911 Carrera S pips both in Meadens view - 

"Of course a 911 would the default choice for so many. One tantamount to heresy for the diehards who revel in the less obvious, more individual choices this pair represent"

I wonder who he means......

Having said that he does conclude the 410 offers more purity and focus (cf. GTR) and would be the one he would drive home.

I think I could have come up with that summary for Evo and I've not so much as sat in any of them:

"The Lotus is the more focused and better driver's car, whereas the GTR is a heavyweight technological tour-de-force with mind-blowing performance. None of which matters to us of course, because a Porsche has to win every Evo test, even when it's not there."

How did I do? No worse than Chris Harris?

• Like 1

@mik I couldn't help but think of your comment because on one of my dyno runs my car produced 307lb-ft exactly.

Can't help but think if Lotus are just changing the rating of the engine without actually doing anything - who's going to notice 10hp anyway?

James Martin (JayEmm)

Got it in one LeftRight. Elsewhere the Esprit S300 pops up as an alternative to something or other and our glorious leader passes expert judgement. To which EVO responds "...it's probably best put out to pasture today". At least they choose an NSX over the Porsche.

I visited Central Lotus today for their unveiling of the Sport 410. We had an enjoyable time meeting some nice people, and chatting about our cars.

The 410 is a lovely thing, I especially like the one piece carbon rear hatch. The seats are pretty comfortable, but not the best things to look at. I think I'd prefer to have the standard seats to make the luggage space behind them accessible!

I also like the fact it has the wire mesh on the front radiator outlets in place of the ugly plastic vents, but that's personal preference. The plastic replacement for the rear side windows looks ok, but I suspect it will be quite susceptible to scratches.

Nice as it is, I'm not sure I quite understand the niche that it sits in. If you want a more hardcore Lotus that the 400, surely the Exige is the obvious option? Regardless, it's very nice, and I hope they sell well.

@Brendonian it is a very interesting question. The Evora separates itself from the rest of the Lotus range by being a usable, daily-possible car but at the expense of ultimate track times and thrills.

The 410 tries to sacrifice some of the comforts to get a more track-focused car, but the ultimate logical conclusion to this is the Exige as you say.

I felt the opposite about the seats - nice to look at, not very nice to sit in. I wish Lotus would make a proper bucket seat for it.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

31 minutes ago, Brendonian said:

Nice as it is, I'm not sure I quite understand the niche that it sits in.

I think it is a more focussed vehicle for those who would struggle to get in or out of an exige. 

• Like 1

Well, we all know what you think of the standard seats JayEmm!

1 minute ago, Danelaw said:

I think it is a more focussed vehicle for those who would struggle to get in or out of an exige. 

So it's a hardcore road racer for old folks? Should suit me :)

• Like 1

Yes I think it's aimed at the less agile, older, taller or more stout (showing my age with a Not the 9 o'clock News description). This doesn't exclude others, and perhaps those who want more luggage space on trips would also count. On several of these counts I would prefer it to an exige, but probably wouldn't have done when I was a few years younger.

• Like 1