free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 25 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

5 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

... perhaps those who want more luggage space on trips would also count...

Except that the space behind the seats is practically unusable because of the fixed-back seats. You'd seriously struggle even to squeeze small soft bags back there.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Brendonian said:

.....The plastic replacement for the rear side windows looks ok, but I suspect it will be quite susceptible to scratches.

Plastic?!? - heresy. They're carbon panels (as per the GT4 without the filler hole) painted black on the outside surface.

• Like 1

The issue Lotus have with carbon fibre is that because they are already using high quality composite body panels, the weight savings will never be massive. I expect parts like the 410 tailgate are lighter through design, not materials

• Like 2

Very true. The tailgate doesn't actually feel massively light anyway. It could be very light if they made it a proper motorsport part, but it feels every bit the high quality, high end supercar component. It's very nicely finished. I guess most of the weight saving comes from ditching the glass and the gas struts.

Been to see the Evroa 410 at central lotus today, amazing looking car, love the seats but I would they are the same as the ones fitted to my cup 250, Carbon bucket,  must save lots of weight from the standard squeaky ones and the carbon tailgate felt mighty light to me. Going out on track in it on Monday can not wait

9kg weight saving I believe, wouldn't be surprised if that was per seat but I think it is for the pair

I haven't been able to drive the car, my main issue with the seat is that it digs into your legs, and I wonder if it holds you in well enough? In the Elise/Exige you are braced by the tub and the centre console so it isn't so much of an issue

Need to sit in one to see if it's the next car.  Just need to remind myself that when I had my 911 GT3 with bucket seats, cage etc ,  I actually wished I had got one with normal seats and enjoyed a bit of comfort.   Time will tell. ;)

• Like 1

Amazing how Evo can get the Pork to win even when not in the test. :)

On 25/11/2016 at 13:32, hedgerley said:

Interesting final comment, have said that the 911 Carrera S pips both in Meadens view - 

"Of course a 911 would the default choice for so many. One tantamount to heresy for the diehards who revel in the less obvious, more individual choices this pair represent"

I wonder who he means......

Having said that he does conclude the 410 offers more purity and focus (cf. GTR) and would be the one he would drive home.

Hedgerley already posted the conclusion that Porsche won last Friday.

What astonished me was that the Porsche not only won once, but twice!

Who knew? :coffee: 

Nice :) did you drive a 400 ? and if so be nice to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two.

Stunning work chaps! What's the deal with the stripes? Do you get to choose the colour separately or do you just get what you're given once you've chosen a body colour?

Do please give us the full low down once you've had a drive.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

Holy mother of god it looks incredible in the yellow. You must be thrilled. 

What a day you have ahead of you tomorrow! Hope it's glorious. 

Congratulations gents. You've got your selves a fine set of motor cars there and I hope they truly live up to those looks!

Lovely.  Now, just need to see a red one! :)

I don't think there is much choice on the stripe colour - I am not sure on the stripes so was happy to have something that didn't stand out - I really like it

@RJB the subtle stripes on yours work REALLY well! Plus the accent colour on the interior is equally good!

• Like 1