free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 27 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

3 hours ago, JT73 said:

Yes, the seats are easy to get in and out of - I'm sure helped by the lower/narrower sill (I had previously had an Exige S).

You can slide the seats forward to access the storage behind the seats, sufficiently to put a size of bag that fits into the storage.  A bigger bag would be more difficult, but then it probably wouldn't fit in the storage either.  That's what the passenger area is for... :-)

I didn't go for the titanium exhaust (+£5K option) - but I'm not sure there is any difference in the noise, just lighter...

Thanks for your complete answer :)

I'm much in love every day I take a look at this amazing car!!!

The rear make a huge difference with the 400 for myself

Why be classic when you can be unique

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Normally, if not using your Evora the battery might be down after ca. 3 weeks (I was told, normally I have my car on a ctek)

With the 410 having a Li-Ion battery were you, @JT73 and @RJB advised to Charge the battery in a Special way ? Or just the same?

2 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

Normally, if not using your Evora the battery might be down after ca. 3 weeks (I was told, normally I have my car on a ctek)

With the 410 having a Li-Ion battery were you, @JT73 and @RJB advised to Charge the battery in a Special way ? Or just the same?

No difference in battery usage, but Lotus supplied a trickle charger specifically for the Li-Ion battery.  This shouldn't be needed under normal use.

You can't "jump" start from another vehicle with the Li-Ion battery though.

The charger is include with the car or to be ordered separately?

I've got long periode with using my car, currently I just use circuit breaker, is that good with LI-Ion battery?

Why be classic when you can be unique

Comes with a charger? damn! i just bought one in anticipation! Had taken advice from the forum and as I am away for a few months at a time will put on charge as I have done my previous Evoras

Yes, there's one supplied with the car - as it needs to be specific for the Li-Ion battery.

8 hours ago, The Pits said:

Free running-in service here! Just say the word ;)

Is the 1k mile oil service free?

I doubt it but I meant I could offer, as a service, to run the car in for free, I was hoping the wink would help clarify that but will choose more careful wording next time! 

10 hours ago, The Pits said:

Free running-in service here! Just say the word ;)

It's tempting Jonny so I can give it beans when I get it but a gentle drive across Spain should rack up the kms! Haven't even seen the car yet - the anticipation is huge! 

It's an inspired choice Richard, along with the colour. I just can't shake the feeling that the Sport 410 is one of those cars that is greater than the sum of its parts. It's definitely got the X-Factor! Congratulations again and we all look forward to hearing about the car in due course. Sounds like you have some great things planned for it already. :thumbup:

Would Lotus fit back seats in one if I asked really nicely? They can't weigh much surely? They're all fabric, no cushion!

Have a word with yourself Mr Pits, I'm pretty sure you meant will they remove the dead seat weight along with fitting thinner glass throughout and a lightweight body shell.

Trevor.

• Like 2

I'll get around to it at some point.

Yes good point. No way I'd put a stereo in a Sport 410 after not missing one at all in my Exige but aircon is pretty much essential. All respect to anyone who orders without it. Fortunately the weight can at least now be offset by the titanium exhaust. I consider that an appropriate weight tax. A very Lotus concept. Appropriately punitive!

8 hours ago, The Pits said:

It's an inspired choice Richard, along with the colour. I just can't shake the feeling that the Sport 410 is one of those cars that is greater than the sum of its parts. It's definitely got the X-Factor! Congratulations again and we all look forward to hearing about the car in due course. Sounds like you have some great things planned for it already. :thumbup:

Would Lotus fit back seats in one if I asked really nicely? They can't weigh much surely? They're all fabric, no cushion!

How would anyone get in the back with the fixed bucket seats?

Oh god. Here we go again re back seats in a sports car.....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

This is the exact reason why our next sports car will be an Evora or a 911. Everyone has different needs. For me neither are track cars so why not extend their practicality.

Let the flaming begin @C8RKH

very jealous of you guys that have taken/taking delivery - what a car! Be sure to review your buying experiences in the reviews section of TLF. 

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

I don't flame, I just disagree!  Volvo used to do very nice estate cars favoured by the country and doggy set.  just saying..... :)

flamedog.jpg

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

FWIW I think you could get a reasonably sized bag in the back of a sport 410, the seats do have a fair amount of room.

In the new year I will be converting my car to 2+0 spec, it makes more sense to me for my current requirements.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Careful young Padawan. When you look at the dark side of +0, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

Haha, when I went looking for cars two of my criteria were I did not want back seats and I did not want a fixed roof!

Shows you how good the Evora was to make me overlook those things...

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Or how bad you are at sticking to your criteria!  :harhar:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LF1 said:

@The Pits - stay away from Silverstone, they have a motorsport green one in. Seen the pics... lovely. 

Yes giving the place a very wide berth Tom. But if you end up with a 911 I shall feel compelled to buy one just to restore balance to the force as well as the balance of payments and to show you the error of your ways! It would wear the number plate TOM 4 FS ;) 

The smart money would go on an AM DBS 2+2 manual anyway, they've already started rising in value pretty strongly over the last 12 months. Blue chip future classic and very lovely thing to drive right now. The big V12 is so beefy it produces something like torque steer at the rear which is mostly hilarious but the Evora is remains quite a big step forward dynamically but what's new there? Starting to really get annoyed by the Evora it just won't let me be. It just oozes quality, particularly in the place that matters most to me - the suspension.