free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 28 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

42 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Yes giving the place a very wide berth Tom.

Road trip in the New Year? :P

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, JayEmm said:

FWIW I think you could get a reasonably sized bag in the back of a sport 410, the seats do have a fair amount of room.

In the new year I will be converting my car to 2+0 spec, it makes more sense to me for my current requirements.

Can I ask why?

I can't imagine there's much weight benefit?

Inky

It's a side effect rather than a goal. More should become clear by the end of January...

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

2 hours ago, LF1 said:

@The Pits - stay away from Silverstone, they have a motorsport green one in. Seen the pics... lovely. 

No one post any pics. Please.

Black n gold

4 hours ago, LF1 said:

@The Pits - stay away from Silverstone, they have a motorsport green one in. Seen the pics... lovely. 

Isn't that a 400? Automatic?!

I believe that they are shut from tomorrow until the New Year so you should be safe over Xmas at least...

The green one in question is RJB's I would imagine?

There were pictures of a motorsport green evora on facebook yesterday but it looked like a 400 auto to me (on the phone). And I am now on the work laptop which blocks facebook, so I can't even check!!

Deffo a 410 but not Motorsport Green. Lotus call it 'Racing Green' these days and it's a different shade. Surprisingly different if you parked next to a Motorsport Green car and different enough for me to pay Lotus extra to have Motorsport Green one (with yellow Sport 410 decals please!).

15675609_1686001368092531_33874617178036

15591356_1686042104755124_13349268037213

15626509_1686042268088441_63758259754030

15626084_1686042108088457_14794774714045

The things I do Stu to keep you out of a Cayman! ;)

• Like 2

I might be having a chat to Jamie... 

• Like 1

Black n gold

Sounds very unwise! Good work.

:thumbup:

With that exhaust note, more practical interior plus superior torsional rigidity and suspension it's going to make for an enormously enjoyable car for trips across Europe.

I think the Exige 380 sounds more angry compared to the Evora (in the time honoured fashion) but I like the tone of the latest Evoras more. More, dare I say it, Italian!

Plenty of room for a few cases of Prosecco to come home with too!

Snows have a Green 410 too

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

43 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

This is what I saw on Facebook yesterday. Aimee or Matt seems to like ordering the 400 as an auto...:sick:

I just happened to be passing Bell and Colvill on Monday and took their 400 auto out. I'm not really a fan of them, driven plenty though not the Lotus offer. Was pleasantly surprised that in Race mode it was quite engaging to nip round the lanes and then drop into sport for the less energetic roads. Liked the little metal paddles too. Certainly it changed gear on the paddles as quick as our RS6 does. Still wouldn't have one myself ....but felt it didn't feel out of place and can see the appeal. 

Black n gold

Almost £20k more than I paid for a 400 :lol: 

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

It is a huge step up for what amounts to, technically, less car.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Which is really very common in the performance car sector. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

This is true. I do take issue with charging for the AC and sound systems. That, in my opinion, is just a way of hiding the cost of the car (by hoping most people will spec them).

Nothing uniquely Lotus about that - lot of German cars you pay a premium for and still have to pay extra for nav, when it's just disabled in code. Not even hardware!

James Martin (JayEmm)

The best colour so far, Toxic Green same as my cup 250

IMG_0104.JPG

Edited by scotty435

I neeeeeed the bootlid!

6 hours ago, The Pits said:

The green one in question is RJB's I would imagine?

Mine is at Snows Hedge End ?

5 hours ago, Stubox said:

I just happened to be passing Bell and Colvill 

Does anyone really believe the 2nd and 3rd words ?

• Like 2