free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 51 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

Persian blue for me please, though with gold stripes and gold wheels. Silverstone have a Persian Blue 400 in at the moment that looks rather lovely!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Someone in the States painted an Evora McLaren Volcano Orange at great expense.

Not convinced it's really any better than Chrome Orange or Burnt Orange.

2011_Lotus_Evora_S_zpsyxa51tpc.jpg

2011_Lotus_Evora_S-2_zpso3kcjxvc.jpg

2011_Lotus_Evora_S-1_zpsplrysfif.jpg

Volcano Red however is another story, here's the actual colour on an actual McLaren!

maxresdefault_zpsn4tmqv1o.jpg

d7baff929f36e5440e1957d47413d469_zpsuyms

Not a million miles away from this:

2012_lotus_evora_gte_9_1024x768_zpscfdc6

• Like 1

Okay, you've convinced me on the Volcano Red. I think I'd want the boot lid part painted as well in the manner of the James Bond edition they showed off.

Nice work Jonny - the Persian Blue is special - the colour of my first Evora (2010 NA). I think the McLaren Volcano Red is the one though am still pretty happy with the Racing Green TBH :-)

• Like 1

All it's proven is that the 410 looks amazing in any colour! Volcano Red would be very expensive to replicate and Lotus would say no, someone would have to be very insistent and prepared to pay what it costs. Probably over £5k. When you see how good your car looks in Racing Green Richard you have to wonder whether it's worth it!

• Like 1

I have to say, the racing green looks amazing. Really like the look of your car RJB, especially with the yellow callipers. I may be burnt alive for this but: If (trying to make it when) I get a 410, I would be speccing with the normal 400 seats.  Yes, they add a ton of wight, but I really didnt gel with the carbon seats, and I also still want access to the rear for luggage.  Depending on what my budget, I might try to offset some of the weight with the titanium exhaust, but lets face it, I am not some kid of driving god who will notice 18kg through the corners! some might say just get a normal 400, but the steering on the 410 really stays with you.  So I am trying to keep that, while making the 410 a little more comfortable and practical.

Sparco seats are a non cost option so you wouldn't be the only one. The new Alfa Romeo Giulia QV also uses the same Sparco seats and they offer a full carbon shelled version for that car. Would seem like a good idea if Lotus got hold of some of those as a compromise.

Yes a fully loaded 410 would still steer and handle very nicely. Let's not forget that Lamborghini are currently making a big hoo har about a 40kg weight drop for their Huracan Performante, Nissan's £150k GTR Nismo is only 20kg lighter than the regular car and Porsche's GT3RS was only 10kg lighter than the GT3. These are all much heavier cars to start with. Even with the Sparco seats back in you're looking at around 30kg lighter than an Evora 400.

However you could currently save quite a lot by going for the 400 and did you realise that you can get most of the lightweight parts added to an Evora 400 anyway? https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/evora-400-gets-lotus-lightweight-treatment/

• Like 1

Didnt know you could get most of the carbon bits added, so thanks! - although I did notice that the CF boot/tailgate is not an option. I think that is the suspension tweaks that make the 410 a rather special car to drive, rather than the weight loss.  Thanks for giving me  heads up about the carbon sparco seats - i shall look into that!

Only difference for suspension is dampers (changeable) and geometry (again, changeable). Springs are the same.

• Like 1

Ok having the Evora in Ghost In The Shell would be huge having a very modified Esprit is ok as the Esprit actually figured in GITS Stand Alone Complex (the anime series not the movie)  Getting scarlet Johanson to appear with an Evora at the the LA premiere would be very good for the brand. I don't know who  "idead" this but the car looks amazing. 

There's some competition to win tickets. As Hants supreme leader Dave said last night there some be some mistake, it looks like Lotus have accidentally done some marketing!

Well, to be fair - it was the fact that it was relevant, timely marketing that completely caught me out :P

• Like 1

Heaven forbid if they decided to do an Evora Ghost In The Shell special edition for Japan!

Might even get a few GITS out of Porsches ;)

Oh and just on McLaren Volcano Red, it's true that the Flame Red car is responsible for Lotus's latest ban on tri-coat finishes, imagine the response from enquiring about Volcano Red - a 6 layer paint process!

not sure that's a good idea @The Pits after all Lotus owners and drivers are well known for being chivalrous, charming, pleasant, polite and helpful. Add a large number of Porsche drivers.....    :sofa:   hahaha.....

Great! What type of tour did you book? I'd love to do one too one day ...

Not sure about the tour type Norbert. I think it was classed as a 'returning customer goodwill experience'. I will probably be the only 410 owner in my part of the world which may also have been relevant. :)

• Like 1

We should do a TLF Lotus Factory visit one time ...

• Like 2