free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 52 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

Great to see and must have been thrilling for you.

When you see what goes into making an Evora they suddenly start looking good value for money! Serious quality goes into the bits you can't (normally) see.

Amazing car the Sport 410, I can't wait to see the finished car and hear your thoughts, it will be especially interesting coming from an Evora 400 owner.

I have a suspicion that you'll be quite pleased...

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, NW76 said:

We should do a TLF Lotus Factory visit one time ...

We've done them in the past, in fact for hundreds of people at a time with exclusive access etc. I did suggest to JMG about one this year, but it's not going to happen with timing at the moment, perhaps another time. 

• Like 2

Interesting. I noticed you said you were there on Thursday but it looks very quiet, were people working?

Also, did you see any elises being made and if so, was it the new style or old?

410 is gonna be fantastic!

Jonny

The factory visit is the one thing I missed by buying a stock car. I've done an open day, but this was just before the Evora was launched, so large swathes of the factory were hoarded off.

115 likes in 118 posts, some kind of TLF record? Lets get Jimmy up to 1:1 just for the craic! ;)

This does sound like a fantastic visit, I'm dead jealous!

It will be really interesting to hear your thoughts after you have run the 410 for a while on how it differs from your 400. There must be a fair few of us wondering whether it's worth the swap price from a 400 :)

I do love the colour. I asked about the spec, it's fully loaded. I'm the type who thinks you're better off with a 400 if you're going to load it up with extras. 410 needs to be kept lean and mean!

So no, will let this one pass. For £89k it has to be my perfect spec and I would rather put a factory order in and wait few months, no hardship with a V6 Cup in the garage.

Factory order in then? That Azure blue one also appeared in by FB feed and it looks lovely. Although would be even better in Persian Blue!

Crikey, that is nice! Silverstone is local to me. I hope someone buys it quickly before I give in to the temptation to pop along and 'have a look'.

• Like 1

looking at the spec of this car: it seems that no dealer will order a 410 without satNav / airco............. would like to hear an Impression of how a 410 without Sound insulation would "behave" in real life

this one was on the market a few weeks ago, and the colour was gorgeous... Looks like a slightly different shade of blue than the silverstone one!

lotus-evora-S2750087-1.jpg

lotus-evora-S2750087-2.jpg

lotus-evora-S2750087-6.jpg

From the man who had a brand new s2 else resprayed azure blue as the factory wouldn't,  that 410 is stunning!

Gav 

4 hours ago, Cypriot said:

Looks like a slightly different shade of blue than the silverstone one!

I think that one was/is Essex blue. 

Yes it comes with the stereo which makes complete sense. But I wouldn't have a stereo in a Sport 410 so would be tempted to save the extra 5.5kg and go without sound deadening too (more like 10kg without the stereo). -10kg = +2bhp per ton. Not a great amount but pretty much offsets the aircon.

8 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

Isn't the sound insulation part of the satnav option?

Thats new to me. Nobody told me this:rolleyes:

Do you have a stereo in yours (and therefore sound deadening after all)?