free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

No Elise or Exige is balanced as such… Just that the S1 is the best of the bunch imo (to be fair, about the only one I haven't driven is a S2 K-Series, it maybe better, it may not).

I'm very lucky, I have a small collection of them here and get to drive them back to back to compare. :) 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

you lucky man

1 hour ago, TheKevlarKid said:

No Elise or Exige is balanced as such… Just that the S1 is the best of the bunch imo (to be fair, about the only one I haven't driven is a S2 K-Series, it maybe better, it may not).

I'm very lucky, I have a small collection of them here and get to drive them back to back to compare. :) 

you lucky man! Tell the truth we argue about which Lotus is better of in fact Lotus v's Porsche v's anything else out there but looking at the current state of the world we are all pretty fortunate..

Bibs, I know its probably asking a lot, but do you think there is any way Lotus would offer some carbon fiber bits on the Evora 400 as a "special order"?

IE, carbon roof, splitter and diffuser.  All parts that are not different in form or function between the 400 and 410, just material and esthetic difference.

For all I know my car is built and awaiting the OK to get on a boat to California, but since I'm waiting and unsure of my car's status, might as well ask. :sofa:

:thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

48 minutes ago, hyteck9 said:

In 15 minutes, I will test drive the 400 and then talk to repa about the USA car situation. This should be a fun hour!!

Lucky so and so....

I'll be interested to hear what you find out.  Last I was told they wouldn't have a 400 demo here until April.

I do like the idea of the Sport 410 and in particular the weight reduction. But it lacks a few tweaks in my opinion (simliar thoughts raised by others as well). Why is there still no rear roll cage (or at least a harness bar)? Fitting a 6 point harness would be a reasonable option if this is a serious track toy and not just show off. Same goes with snap-off steering wheel. And why put a rear wing on the Exige roadster sport where it looks a bit out of place but not on the Evora? An updated GT4 wing would blend in nicely with the rest of the Sport 410 image. Or give it even more of Cup treatment and add fire extinguisher and electric cut out as well.

Anyhow, I'll stick with my current MY12 and await the 400 Roadster :P

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So, I've gone away and had a word with myself... Yet I keep looking at those pictures and I'm smitten.   I get what people are saying is missing, but if I could afford to run two cars again I'd be in like Flynn. 

2 hours ago, CaptainSlow said:

Why is there still no rear roll cage (or at least a harness bar)?

I was told in Geneva that they are options. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You all have it wrong!  I was looking at all the fuss being made over the Porsche 911 R which has been dubbed the "driver's car" in the 911 lineup because it is still naturally aspirated, has a manual, no a/c or radio.  Comparing the the 410 to the 911 R, it is clear that the 410 is Lotus' version of a "driver's car."  

On ‎03‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 02:21, Ccd said:

You all have it wrong!  I was looking at all the fuss being made over the Porsche 911 R which has been dubbed the "driver's car" in the 911 lineup because it is still naturally aspirated, has a manual, no a/c or radio.  Comparing the the 410 to the 911 R, it is clear that the 410 is Lotus' version of a "driver's car."  

The 911R has the 991 Gt3RS engine, so very different from the "normal" 911, but interesting to read that Porsche defined that car as a "no track, main purpose Enthusiast Driver"-car.....doesn´t matter at all because you could hardly buy one....

I also would like more "Cup" in the 410, but I like the 410 nevertheless............

• Gold FFM

I guess we have to remember what the point of the Evora is. To me, it's there for people who want the Lotus feel, handling, with great performance BUT also require a boot, possibly back seats, and some luxury.

If you want a go-faster Lotus then they'll obviously point you towards an Exige. I think Lotus are treading a very fine line, you can see if they'd brought out an Evora "Cup" (and still may do) then people will be very confused because Lotus would have three cars all of whom seem largely aimed towards the same people.

As and when Lotus get a Gearbox capable of taking serious power, then things will get interesting I am sure. Nonetheless, the Evora feels way more than the sum of its parts and is a hugely desirable machine as it stands. My hats off to the boys from Hethel.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

My comment was mostly a snipe at Porsche and the press.  The coverage of the 911 R far outweighs that of the 410 even though they are similar cars.  I'd argue that the 410 is the more important of the two.  The 410 is not a limited production car and it will probably cost about half of the 911 R.  I'd wager that the 911 R was sold out within days of its introduction as they are only making 991 cars.  So the coverage is of a car that you will probably never see, let alone drive.  And that is a big deal because...?

• Gold FFM

I think the 911 R was sold out *before* its introduction. The limited number is probably deliberate to protect residuals,create exclusivity and desire.

I believe it does cost twice as much. As a dedicated Porsche-phile, I am really "into" Lotus' current line-up. I can see it won't suit a lot of people, but Lotus are going to have their work cut out building their brand image up again. JMG seems to be doing a lot right.

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 29 February 2016 at 15:16, C8RKH said:

If you had the cash I am sure he could produce every body panel for you in carbon. They would be superbly finished and a fraction of the cost of Mansory et al.

You may need to take your panels off and send them to him as the mould base, but us other Evora owners would forever be in your debt for doing that community service Jonny ;)

Superbly finished and a fraction of the cost of Mansory? I think it's unlikely the panels will be anything like Mansory quality. Made in Hong Kong doesn't quite have the same ring as Made in Germany. In life you tend to get what you pay for, so if pay for a Hong Kong fake don't be surprised when it looks like one!

VW, Audi and Merc are a testament to the Germans quality! :lol:

Have you seen any of HKFever's parts in the flesh Alan? He's got an excellent reputation for making top quality parts and his cf work looks top drawer.

Evora NA

Lotus chose Mansory to design and produce the carbon fibre parts for the Evora GTE. They didn't choose HK Flu! 

i don't see how fitting any cheap panels from HK Fever can add value to a car. It's always going to be a Mansory copy.

Mansory parts might seem expensive but they did design them! Also being expensive makes them more exclusive and I like that.

Then this is for you :D

• Like 2

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Is it just me or do the photos on here

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/british/lotus-evora-sport-410-fast-ferrari-f50

Look much better than the Lotus official ones?

Only thing i am really not sure about is the carbon fibre on that rear clamshell... looks very untidy in some photos as it's clearly two pieces of Carbon. I am sure it's well finished in the flesh.... but tough to know without actually seeing one as such.

James Martin (JayEmm)

1 hour ago, adfer said:

Lotus chose Mansory to design and produce the carbon fibre parts for the Evora GTE. They didn't choose HK Flu! 

i don't see how fitting any cheap panels from HK Fever can add value to a car. It's always going to be a Mansory copy.

Mansory parts might seem expensive but they did design them! Also being expensive makes them more exclusive and I like that.

You obviously have never purchased or fitted HKFever's CF.

I have his cf diffuser, diffuser finisher, mirror caps, A-pillars, sail panel, front hatch and GT4 wing. Actually, I bought his GT4 wing in cf AFTER I bought the Lotus GT4 wing (that I had on for 2 years). His cf wing was much, much nicer than the Lotus supplied one. The  finish on his cf is virtually flawless and I have never heard of anyone who has complained regarding his products.

His "HK Flu" cheap parts, as you say, look nicer than some of the wavy OEM panels on my Evora S. If someone decides to rate his parts on price alone they will be sorely mistaken. Not that his parts are cheap, but I think Mansory is WAY overpriced. But, I guess you are paying for the name. (and some people have to spend more $ just to impress their friends)

Oh, and he doesn't make any copies of Mansory parts that I know of.

Edited by 2011 Chrome Orange
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

FWIW I deal with several companies in the film world who have carbon fibre products, most of it is made in China. And the quality of the good stuff is superb.

James Martin (JayEmm)