free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 80 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Sport 410

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:13, blindside said:

Anthony, I would suggest taking the sound proofing; unless of course your car is going to be a dedicated track toy with limited road/touring use. The road noise from Cup 2s on typical UK roads is quite noticable in my 410, even with the sound proofing. The 430 puts more of the same rubber on the road so probably fair to assume it can only be louder (perhaps to the point of distraction on longer journeys) without any soundproofing .

I use a RS Megane Trophy-R on 19" Cup 2s as a daily driver which has no sound proofing at all, so am not precious about too much noise in the cabin. :)  

Thanks for the feedback Blindside.... I will spec the sound deadening..... standard 400 seems loud enough to me as it is and I guess there is already less sound deadening (or car!) in the 430 without going crazy.

Cheers, Tony

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
37 minutes ago, Stubox said:

Bad bits:

Speedo is useless to read quickly but thankfully there is a digital one. No water temp or oil temp gauge - have a word with yourself lotus …. , there is nowhere to rest the filler cap, turn a key and push a button to start...how quaint.

Try wearing polarised sunglasses... actually don't because you can't see a fucking thing on any of the LCD panels in the car! :lol: Seriously, WTF lotus? Clearly no one wore sunglasses during any of the UAT on the cars.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Very thorough & well considered update @Stubox You have nailed it! (Especially around the handling characteristics and power delivery).

Like you I find the carbon buckets quite comfortable and like the extra floor space they allow compared with the Sparcos. I have bought a couple of Velcro storage nets to put phone, wallet, keys etc into, otherwise they slide under the pedals.

I also found a decent sized North Face tote bag that exactly fits the storage shelf behind the seats, so find that space quite useful.

The only thing I would add on the plus side is around the quality and finish of the matt black anodised 410 specific alloys. which are fantastic and set the car apart just as much as the carbon body work.

Mentioning the seats.... I sat in the 410 at Bealieu this weekend.... fuck me those seats are not for "big boned" people. :lol:

I have two bruises in my thighs from the seat corners by the lapbelt cut outs.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

@Stubox Thanks for your write up.  Really enjoyed reading it.  Between you and @blindside I am vicariously enjoying 410 ownership.  Looking forward to @The Pits big reveal soon!

34 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Try wearing polarised sunglasses... actually don't because you can't see a fucking thing on any of the LCD panels in the car! :lol: Seriously, WTF lotus? Clearly no one wore sunglasses during any of the UAT on the cars.

Polarised sunglasses are known to do that to LCD screens (which is why pilots aren't allowed to wear them). That is hardly Lotus's fault, is it?

Just now, Bravo73 said:

Polarised sunglasses are known to do that to LCD screens (which is why pilots aren't allowed to wear them). That is hardly Lotus's fault, is it?

Depends on which direction the polarising filter works ;)

Tilt you head 45 degrees and it's clear, so yes it is Lotus fault to select LCDs that are polarised in the same plane as sunglasses.

4 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Mentioning the seats.... I sat in the 410 at Bealieu this weekend.... fuck me those seats are not for "big boned" people. :lol:

I have two bruises in my thighs from the seat corners by the lapbelt cut outs.

Big boned or big arsed??

Just now, blindside said:

Big boned or big arsed??

both ;)

8 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Tilt you head 45 degrees and it's clear, so yes it is Lotus fault to select LCDs that are polarised in the same plane as sunglasses.

That's the very reason why pilots can't use polarised sunglasses in glass cockpits. The same applies to cars.

It's not Lotus's fault. Use non-polarised sunglasses.

Love that one, I have the same problem on the 400 and I am SO excited to try this on the car tonight! I think I will start a thread on tips to use a car so people can give me more of such wisdom!

I'm glad somebody appreciates my wisdom :)

I'll take a photo later for anybody who might struggle decyphering my description.

Put away the cameras chaps, I think I pretty much nailed the Pic of the Month here, will share spoils of victory with Brendan.

• Haha 2

Black n gold

I don't think I've ever created such a stir on The Lotus Forums before. Do I get a prize? Member of the Day or summat? ?

19 minutes ago, Stubox said:

Put away the cameras chaps, I think I pretty much nailed the Pic of the Month here, will share spoils of victory with Brendan.

I especially like the way that you captured the little graphic that tells people how to do this. The same one that we all missed up to this point. 

I'm thinking of tracking down that Italian petrol station attendant and shaking him by the hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mik said:

After 15months of Evora ownership, that pic has just got me way more excited than it should have :zorro:

Damn I sold my Evora before getting chance to try this :lol:

• Haha 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

9 hours ago, Brendonian said:

Assuming it's the same as my S1, there is indeed. It's not obvious. Indeed I didn't find it myself. A nice Italian petrol station attendant showed me when I'd already owned the car for almost a year!

It's hard to explain, but I'll try: It clips onto the filler flap. Turn the cap so the top (outside) of the cap is pointing away from you, towards the centre line of the car, and it clips onto the inboard side of the flap.

I literally just went down to the garage to check this out.... wow. Blown away! And people think only the Germans come up with clever solutions!

• Like 2