free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 - Page 87 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora Sport 410

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new Baby! I think it is the first 410 on German roads  

Epic Spanish trip. 2800 miles including a 700 mile drive back to tunnel. 410 performed perfectly . 

410 ordered. Another Exige owner making the jump over to Team Evora, though there seems to be a fair bit of traffic both ways. Never had one before but always admired them and have thoroughly enj

Posted Images

Very happy with my 400 auto. It just takes too long to get out of London anyway so the potential extra feel of the manual would be wiped out by the extra pain of getting out.

As it is, i am using it for any short trip, any excuse works.

32 minutes ago, jonnyboy said:

Grey one is a press car just FYI 

Best colour (biased) 

In fact the yellow oakmere is a press car as well. 

Yes aware it’s an ex press car but from what I’ve been told was used for a lot of the media shots...the black 410 at B&C was the one that was ragged??

The Grey needs a service and I’ve negotiated this is done at Lotus before handover...and at 4K miles, it should want for nothing. 

My Cayman was PDK and loved the ease of pottering around town and then at the flick of a switch all hell breaks loose  

A question re: autos...I almost always override with a downshift using the flappy paddles. How does the car go back to automatic mode? Does this change depending on normal / sport / race?

8 minutes ago, PAR said:

Very happy with my 400 auto. It just takes too long to get out of London anyway so the potential extra feel of the manual would be wiped out by the extra pain of getting out.

As it is, i am using it for any short trip, any excuse works.

Sounds about right. Where abouts in London are you? Nice to hear of a local Evora owner 👍🏽

Normal goes back to auto when no gear is changed for a moment (quickly enough that sometimes you did not intend to but happened to be in same gear) or you can get in back to auto by staying pressed on the up gear for 2 sec. In sport/race, it is waiting for your instructions.

The grey with yellow combination looks :wub:

I was very happy with my 400 Auto. Works great as a full auto and is brilliant in 'manual' mode as well. Paddle pull to gear shift is very fast - faster than a manual change and the auto blip on the down change is addictive :)

5 hours ago, london_v said:

The Grey needs a service and I’ve negotiated this is done at Lotus before handover...and at 4K miles, it should want for nothing. 

Check the rear tyres , mine lasted 5k

Then post pictures of you and the grey one on your first drive out at the weekend 😁

Black n gold

Don't forget the LSD is deleted from the spec on the auto too. I would have had an auto myself if it wasnt for that. The Manual is OK but unusually I'm one for a bit of progress and prefer autos wherever possible. 

Edited by jonnyboy
5 hours ago, Stubox said:

Check the rear tyres , mine lasted 5k

Then post pictures of you and the grey one on your first drive out at the weekend 😁

5k ?  I sold my 400 at 10k miles and they still looked like new .  Whereas my Exige has only lasted  5k miles to be fair ;)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Shame you never had the chance to push the Evora.....I found you can lay the power down much easier and earlier in the Evora than my Cup V6, probably that and Cup2 vs Pirelli’s led to their demise.

Black n gold

Don’t worry the car got plenty of abuse, it’s just I’m not one for spinning up tyres for standstill.    Can’t remember the  tyres on 400 but lasted much better than ones on my s1 Evora which was around 6k Miles 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

My auto twin. Agreed the  best colour :)

Is Wakefield on trir trip home? Wouldn't mind seeing what the auto is like I've only driven IPS before. 

Edited by jonnyboy
On 10/07/2018 at 07:50, jonnyboy said:

My auto twin. Agreed the  best colour :)

Is Wakefield on trir trip home? Wouldn't mind seeing what the auto is like I've only driven IPS before. 

I think it is...but I may need to rush back as it will be quite the drive back to London!

For sure 👍🏽

Question. I’m getting them to install a screen. I don’t need anything special tbh... just something with maps and ability to connect to the pre-installed rear view camera. 

I’m thinking of the Pioneer AVIC F980DAB. Thoughts?

• Gold FFM

I'd go for the Alpine unit (W990 I think it is) Lotus put in - plenty on here moan about how shit it is so they will, I assume, be only be too glad to offload their head unit on you for a mere pittance. i mean, they could hardly expect a premium for a shite product could they?

I personally find the head unit fine. The speakers are of course shite, but that is nothing to do with the head-unit.

The NAV is good and it works perfect with the camera and for BT audio etc. Stick up a post in the wanted section and see what you get offered.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yeah my ICE guys said the head unit was ok but they do strip a few features off the retail version of the same unit. Whatever the stock one is I have mine here that's been run for about an hour not sure what it's worth but you can have it for much cheapness. 

1 hour ago, jonnyboy said:

Yeah my ICE guys said the head unit was ok but they do strip a few features off the retail version of the same unit. Whatever the stock one is I have mine here that's been run for about an hour not sure what it's worth but you can have it for much cheapness. 

Hello mate what model is it? Can you pm your price please?

10 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Is yours aftermarket jonny or was it removed from the car you are rejecting?

Actually that's a good point maybe I'll have to hang onto this for now until I know what's going on. One month anniversary today with no car. 

• Gold FFM

Shit @jonnyboy I did not realise you had been without the car for that long! 

Mind you, I have my own issues with Lotus QC on my car so I am not wholly surprised.  Hopefully my issues will get sorted too, but it's been 8 weeks now and the only communication from Lotus or my Dealer on these is when I chase, and usually the update is "no update".

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

23 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Shit @jonnyboy I did not realise you had been without the car for that long! 

Mind you, I have my own issues with Lotus QC on my car so I am not wholly surprised.  Hopefully my issues will get sorted too, but it's been 8 weeks now and the only communication from Lotus or my Dealer on these is when I chase, and usually the update is "no update".

What QC issues are you facing? Apologies if it's documented in a different thread

• 2 weeks later...