free hit
counters
New steering wheel! - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New steering wheel!

Thanks for the replies, appreciate the offer Julian but it’s probably more cost effective for me to source a UK wheel due to shipping costs etc (also want to get a retrim in specific colour stitching to match my interior). Graham I’m just waiting to hear back from Lee about his old wheel but will PM you if ok? Could you let me know how much Royals are currently charging?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
14 hours ago, Darren M said:

Thanks for the replies, appreciate the offer Julian but it’s probably more cost effective for me to source a UK wheel due to shipping costs etc (also want to get a retrim in specific colour stitching to match my interior). Graham I’m just waiting to hear back from Lee about his old wheel but will PM you if ok? Could you let me know how much Royals are currently charging?

Got my wheel back from Royals today, really pleased with it. Will post some photos when I get it back on the car. Sent you a PM with the cost for the retrim.

• Gold FFM

Nice wheel. Royals will be quite experienced in Evora wheels now.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, sellman said:

Love the detail you've gone to matching it up with the dash with the red stitching too. It's the sort of thing I do and did to my Elise when I had it took me months  to decide what to do  😊

059_zpsb6ea44a5.jpg

Yours looks great! It took me a while to decide whether to go alcantara on the sides (which I preferred and ended up doing as I like the feel of it!) or go with what Lotus tended to do on their 400 steering wheels and put Alcantara at the top and bottom. Also wondered about the top centre stripe which seems in vogue these days but decided against that in the end, bit apprehensive opening the box but very happy with how it turned out.

19 hours ago, mik said:

Yep - that looks fantastic. :cool:

Interested to see how the alcantara is holding up after 3 months or so - if you could be so kind as to come back and advise?

Yes, me too! Royal's sent me these which may help prolong the life, not sure I can be bothered daily or weekly but will probably do it each time I clean the car.

Alcantara cleaning:

In order to preserve the beauty of Alcantara it is recommended that regular cleaning is carried out. 

Daily cleaning:

It is sufficient to dust Alcantara using a soft brush, a dry microfiber cloth, or a vacuum cleaner.

Weekly/Monthly cleaning:

After having dusted Alcantara, run a slightly moistened white cotton cloth over it 

Run it over the whole Alcantara material, making sure not to wet it excessively; 

Leave to dry (overnight). Once dried, in order to restore the material, brush it delicately with a soft bristle brush.

Avoid the use of printed absorbent cloths/papers as they can release ink onto the material.

• 3 months later...
On 13/02/2019 at 16:38, mik said:

Yep - that looks fantastic. :cool:

Interested to see how the alcantara is holding up after 3 months or so - if you could be so kind as to come back and advise?

Been two years now with my full Alcantara factory wheel and on my previous Evora I had a custom covered Alcantara that was in fine shape when I sold the car 3 yrs later.

• Gold FFM
On 10/06/2019 at 02:47, Julian73 said:

Been two years now with my full Alcantara factory wheel and on my previous Evora I had a custom covered Alcantara that was in fine shape when I sold the car 3 yrs later.

Mine seems to be okay so far too.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM
On 31/08/2020 at 23:46, jerzybondov said:

Resurrecting this thread! Would love to get my MY11 wheel re-covered. Anyone got an old one they’d like to sell me and we can start the train off again? 😊

Apologies, just seen your message. Did you find a steering wheel? I have one spare if you still need it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

I've now got a spare steering wheel should anyone want to continue the forum round robin - yours for £70 :D

Pictures of your new one please. Come on now, stop teasing. Don't be shy.....!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Pictures of your new one please. Come on now, stop teasing. Don't be shy.....!

Think it's exactly the same as yours! I was really on the fence about whether to go alcantara on the top and bottom sections but in the end there's no alcantara anywhere else in the interior so I think it might have felt a bit out of place. 

Stroke of luck that the leather is exactly the same colour as the rest of the dash leather etc!

image1.jpeg

• Love 2

Will someone please confirm that regardless of age of the car or that it is manual or IPS, all the wheel variants will  fit onto the back cover without modification?

To be precise, I wish to fit an early wheel without the thumb indent onto a 2015 sport racer IPS?

Also will the steering wheel finisher plate from a sport racer with thumb indent bolt/stick onto an early wheel? - ie the East West flanks will line up with each other?

Thanks

Hal.

Yep, all Evora Steering wheels are interchangable throughout the years without modification.

The coloured finisher panel can also be swapped over. The aluminium and the black are essentially the same part just different colour.

Thanks Jimbo!

I think these thumb indents are a bit of a fad. I have not driven a car where my hands have felt comfortable using them. I shall instead use an earlier wheel, or reshape mine, and concentrate on making the rim a few milimetres fatter.