free hit
counters
94 Esprit S4 Tachometer and Speedometer Questions - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jrjajs

94 Esprit S4 Tachometer and Speedometer Questions

So my 94 S4's tachometer seems to short out when it gets warm/hot. It will be fine in the morning and when you come out on a warmer day it immediately pegs itself bouncing around as you shift. This has been the case for a couple of years and I have lived with it.

Now after last winters storage the Speedometer (which I had fixed ~ 6 years ago) is going bad again. It comes up very slowly and does not reflect actual speed. Then it returns to 0 slowly also. It is a mechanical speedo

Thinking about replacing with electronic but would like to keep the car stock.

Feedback, help, suggestions welcomed.

I am mechanically inclined, but these little things make me NUTS!

Thanks for any help

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Chris. :welcome:

There are other threads one here detailing speedo repairs, but I haven't seen one indicating the tacho was playing up that I can recall. That would drive me nuts as well. The speedo returning to zero slowly is a bit odd.

How you can find some answers or someone comes along that can help.

You should also duck over to the Introductions section and say in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.