free hit
counters
The Lotus Test Track (Heritage and Retro Cars Pre Dating 97) - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Magnitude_Events

The Lotus Test Track (Heritage and Retro Cars Pre Dating 97)

Magnitude Events Ltd are returning this season to offer two more (Heritage and Retro) Track events based at The Group Lotus HQ on the Lotus Test Track. These events offer 5 Hours open pit lane track time with a very gentlemanly and courteous track etiquette. Our events provide the perfect opportunity for owners of older cars to appreciate their car in a safe and unpressurised environment with no Subaru Imprezas in sight! These events cost just £99.00 and with track time starting from 12:00 Mid day there is no pressure to hurry there for the crack of dawn. Full details car be found on our website at www.magnitude-events.co.uk

We welcome all Lotus pre dating 1997. However we offer special dispensations to owners of Esprit all of these are welcome even if they are registered after 1997. The reason for this is to preserve the nostalgia of the event.   

Company Brief and Testimonials. 

With over 25 years of collective experience managing track events throughout the UK Including Brands Hatch, Goodwood and Silverstone the Magnitude Events team can guarantee you’re in safe hands.

Your safety is our priority. We take safety very seriously at all our events. We have implemented measures to ensure your experience is enjoyable and unforgettable for the right reasons. For piece of mind all our events are marshalled and a quick response paramedic team on hand in the rare event should they be required.

Our Retro and Heritage half day events follow a very simple but effective format. The events are relaxed and friendly offering you up to 5 hours of open pit lane driving for just £99.00 at arguably the UK’s most exclusive circuit.

We welcome all novice and experienced drivers alike as our events are tailored in a way to make even the most novice driver comfortable. At our events you will learn good track etiquette whilst  our instructors are on hand to answer any questions you may have and offer you any reassurance and advice you may need.

Never been on track before in your car?

Not to worry we have an approachable team of seasoned professionals that will be there to answer any questions you may have. Preparing your car for going out on circuit is essential and the responsibility of all drivers on our track days. Your car should be in 100% road-worthy condition, fault free and all loose items removed from inside the car. Fluid levels should be topped up and properly sealed. Tyres should be in good condition and above 4mm in tread depth across the face of the tyre, not only this but the tyres should have the correct pressures.

Customer Testimonials: 

“Thanks for a fantastic event, I’ll definitely be booking up for 2016, both track time and more tuition.
Thoroughly enjoyed the day, thanks again to the whole Magnitude team, all the marshals and Lotus for allowing us to use such a fantastic facility”

Dominic Mitchell (Caterham 7 Classic)

“Thanks we had an amazing time! Please thank your whole team for such a professionally run track day at such an awesome track & facility, thanks again!

Larry. Wendy and Joe Burke (Mazda MX5 MK1)
“I booked in to go and spectate yesterday and had a lovely time in the Norfolk sunshine. If anyone is nervous about taking their car on track because it is their pride and joy then you would not need to worry at this event. It was a well organised event and it is focused more around people enjoying their cars around an iconic track appose to setting the fastest lap time. The staff space the cars release on track so there is no pressure from someone coming up behind you quickly and pressuring you to drive beyond your limits. The only pressure it appeared was the pressure that you place on yourself to carry and better line and more speed. Martin Donnelly was there offering instruction too. How can you get better instruction that a ex F1 driver.

The reason why I went to have a look is because I have always been worried about taking my 40 year old Europa around a track (exception of parade laps). I have attended other track days and there seems to be more modern cars with inexperienced drivers bombing passed you and then almost barrel rolling their cars around the bends. My Europa is my pride and joy and I never fancied some idiot crashing into the side or rear of it. I will however happily sign up to this event if hosted in the future as the participants seemed to get what it was all about (maybe a very good brief at the beginning of the day before then event at a guess).”

Stuart Monument (Lotus Europa)

magnitude 2 010.JPG

magnitude 3 084.JPG

magnitude briefing 035.JPG

magnitude 2 046.JPG

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.