free hit
counters
wanted post 85 front suspension - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
silverfrost

wanted post 85 front suspension

hi folks

looking for a complete front suspension set up for a 85 onwards esprit.   left and right side.  bottom arms, upright/stub axle, top arms and front anti roll bar. 

have tried the usual suspects such as lotusbits but they dont seem to reply to emails. 

no rush on this one just putting the feelers out as i am converting my old basket case esprit to post 85 spec to get rid of the trunions as i have so much welding and 

fab work to do on the front end for the clam so thought it would be a good idea to get rid of the weak link trunions at the same time. :)

many thanks regards danny

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

cheers andy

not in that part of the world at the moment for a face to face and even the phone call would be a fortune.:)

regards danny

The chassis is different though on the post-85 cars isnt it?

Not sure how different but the lower link mounting must be different for a wishbone rather than the single lower link. Is the front cross member dimensionally the same?

What about the anti-roll bar mountings?

Getting rid of trunnions is always good. I think I remember my grandmother complaining about her trunnions but could have got that wrong :)

Andy,

On '85 cars front lower wish bone is completely different and so are ARB mountings

hi andy 

phil is right the post 85 cars are completely different !   you can fit the later suspension but it is a lot of work and fabrication !   

it requires a lot of extra support welding in the front end including a new channel welding in under the rad/body support bracket and 

extra lates welding in to support the anti roll bar brackets !   

my car at the moment is stripped back to the bare chassis so its a no brainer for me, i had looked at just buying another post 85 chassis

but given i still have to weld all the front clam shell support bracket links on it would of been pointless to alter a good chassis and not cost effective to do.

gier on here who goes under the name saggitarius cant do links or i would post one, if you look at his thread he has altered his chassis to take the 

later suspension.  his pics show the transition very well of what is involved. 

regards danny

A "phone" call with skype will cost you 50 cents max....

Cheers Luc,

Have gone  a different route on this now and purchased a much later chassis :)  downside i still need to chase much later suspension :cry: