free hit
counters
Help me diy fit new pads to my V6S - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there, Sorry but just been reading this! And this is my opinion ! not meaning to rude, nor flippant in any way shape or form! Honestly. But Sorry but you don't seem to sure of anything to

Front:FERFRP3083H Rear: FERFRP3115H Those are the part numbers for Evora V6, but I believe they are the same for Exige V6? http://elise-shop.com/eliseshop-brake-pads-evora-exige-v6-p-502943.

Easier than above on modern Lotii with racy open style calipers. Tap out first retaining pin, remove pad retaining spring (noting orientation)' remove second pin, remove pads out the front of the cali

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, booboo93 said:

Sorry if that seems a bit blunt, but as an MOT tester I have seen the results of someone having a go!

Andy

brakes.png

I can actually imagine the guy stood in front of you saying the brakes are a bit noisy but do stop the car ok 🤣

• Haha 1

Only here once

@Antflies--Anthony, I highly recommend Cobalt pads, they  have the correct sizes for the V6 with 2-piece rotors and several different compounds.

Conversion chart for selection of compound based upon competitor pads...... http://www.cobaltfriction.com/category_s/1911.htm

You will want AP7 for the front and AP27 for the rear -- even though it's the same AP caliper front and rear --  the Cup 2-piece rotors for the rear have a larger diameter hat than the fronts, hence the need for a slightly narrower annulus for the rear pads...51mm vs 55mm, (rear vs and front, respectively) to be exact.  Otherwise the rear pad backing plate will make slight contact with the center hat bobbins.

I recommend compound XR4, but you can decide if you want a more aggressive compound

Order info:
clear1x1.gifCobalt XR4 | AP7 | AP Racing CP6600D55 | 16.8mm

Cobalt XR4 | AP27 | AP Racing CP6600D51 | 16.8mm

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Thanks Jack.

Andy from Cobalt was extremely helpful. He actually told me your front/rear selection.

I managed to get CL RC6 for front, and CL RC5+ for rear.

Seriouslylotus stock them for our car.  They are in England, and no VAT is charged.

Anthony

18 hours ago, Antflies said:

Thanks Jack.

Andy from Cobalt was extremely helpful. He actually told me your front/rear selection.

I managed to get CL RC6 for front, and CL RC5+ for rear.

Seriouslylotus stock them for our car.  They are in England, and no VAT is charged.

Anthony

@Antflies--Anthony --- [email protected] and [email protected] are both great.👍

Brake pads are a personal preference, I tired the CL's long ago on my 211 and didn't like them.

I have also experimented with different compounds and brands on the V6 over the past 4 years...never felt the need to go with a more aggressive pad on the rear with the CupR.  Ultimately settled on the  XR4 compound Cobalt pads...more aggressive pads were "too" aggressive upon initial  application. This resulted  in over-slowing the car, due to the vacuum booster acting as an on/off switch....modulation was virtually impossible.  Hence my recent decision to ditch the booster and go with a dual master/brake-cage setup.  For that setup, [email protected] suggested running a more aggressive Cobalt compound. 

We will have 3 CupR's at Spring Mountain running the non-boosted peddle-box which really increases the resolution of the brake peddle.  ;) 

Brake-cage2.jpeg

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion