free hit
counters
Driver Training - Track day with 1 to 1 coaching - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Driver Training - Track day with 1 to 1 coaching

anyone interested in doing this

current dates are

22nd May

or

7th Aug

or

21st Aug

cheers

G

Performance Driver ‘Track’ Day

An action-packed day run by CAT Driver Training Ltd at Millbrook Proving Ground.

CAT Driver Training is run by Colin and Jo Hoad. Colin used to work for a leading motor manufacturer in the UK as a Vehicle Evaluator and Driver Trainer and has gained extensive experience and qualifications in driver instruction.  This includes being certificated to instruct at Millbrook.  His life has been spent working with his passion: motor cars - from racing minis to the race preparation of performance cars. He has much experience of vehicles on both road and track and brings a very different approach to driver enjoyment.

The day is a fast moving experience for 6 owners and their cars to introduce the secrets of performance driving.  It is designed to be informative, exciting and fun.  The group size is purposefully kept small so that the maximum can be obtained from the day in a highly personalised environment.

There is access to the 5 unique circuits at the renowned Millbrook Proving Ground, a venue that is not normally accessible for 'track days' and the general public.

Activities designed for the different circuits are:

• Learn threshold braking from high speed on the Mile Straight

• High speed driving, potentially to the maximum of your car, on the banked circuit of the High Speed Circuit

• Drive the demanding Alpine Route circuit with its hills, and variety of corners from hairpins to long and sweeping

• Take on the tight, twisty and challenging Handling Circuit

• Put a car through its paces on the open spaces of the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron

An instructor will accompany you on all the circuits, and the objective is to teach you how to get the best from your car and develop your performance driving skills in a controlled environment and at a pace you are comfortable with.

Short presentations in vehicle dynamics will help you to understand the relationship between driver input and vehicle balance and control.  From this comes the appreciation of how to safely drive your vehicle at grip limit within the controlled confines of a track environment.

At the end of the day, your new found skills can be put to the test in a timed shoot out around a gymkhana-style course laid out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron.  

Included in the day are:

• Professional in car tuition

• Access to 5 unique circuits at Millbrook Proving Ground

• Lunch and refreshments during the day

• Timed end of day shoot out

• Full emergency services on hand all day

• 1 hour 40 minutes driving time with your personal instructor

Pricing is as follows:

3 participating members = £445 pp

4 participating members = £420 pp

6 participating members = £400 pp

Performance Driver 'Track' Day Schedule

08:30-09:15 Coffee, Introduction, Licence Check, Scrutineering, Safety Briefing & Objectives of the Day

09:30-09:35 Drive to Circuits

09:30-11:00 Mile Straight

11:00-11:50 High Speed Circuit

11:50-13:15 Handling Circuit

13:15-14:00 Lunch

14:00-15:00 Alpine Route

15:00-15:45 Understeer/Oversteer

15:45-16:45 Gymkhana timed Shoot Out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron

16:55 Presentation & Debrief

Any Questions

End

Timings & Circuit order may be subject to change on the day depending on circuit activity

Note on noise limits ... to quote me "there is no limit unless you are a Le Mans Prototype or an F1 car".  If anyone thinks they can compete at that level on noise, be sure to mention it when booking!

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Yes please.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

shall we do a list......

I will put all 3 dates down......the first date to fill up is the one we go for

May 22nd

August 7th

August 21st

cheers

G

@JG220 Shall we book a day? You said you needed some training :D

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

May 22nd

1. @CocoPops Evora NA

2. @JG220 Evora NA

August 7th

August 21st

1. Bravo73

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I don't know if this goes for non lotus owners too? the alpine circuit is one I've always wanted a go on. I have a national b racing licence anyway but, I do recommend tuition to anyone looking to do a track day at an unfamiliar circuit, to not only improve on safety but, also to improve your knowledge and, lap times. 

All are welcome.  Per the overview that theelanman posted at the beginning of the thread, this is a training day for up to 6 individuals per day.  It's about core skills and giving you the tools to enjoy your car on the road or track, more than you do already.  These group days have been running since 2006 with many fellow Lotus owners enjoying them over the years.  Here's a sneaky peak inside Millbrook with a few drone films we have ready for our new website which is in development.  

Enjoy

Jo

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

• Gold FFM
On 3/13/2016 at 20:27, CocoPops said:

May 22nd

1. @CocoPops Evora NA

2. @JG220 Evora NA

3. @C8RKH Evora NA (Provisional as trying to tie in with a weeks holiday down south including trip to do factory tour at Hethel) 

August 7th

August 21st

1. Bravo73

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 3 months later...

@Bravo73 .....No afraid not but it would still be possible to organise......just need the people really.......just 6 folk.....

You're very welcome to join another day ... currently I have two places remaining for Sunday 14th August if you're interested.

KR

Jo

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Unfortunately, I can't make any of the Hangar111 dates. :( Or the 14th August.  

@CATDT - Jo, would you be able to send me a PM with the other dates that you've got a spare slot, please? Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Unfortunately, I can't make any of the Hangar111 dates. :( Or the 14th August.  

@CATDT - Jo, would you be able to send me a PM with the other dates that you've got a spare slot, please? Thanks. 

On its way ?

Kr

jo