free hit
counters
What did you do to your Lotus today? - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

What did you do to your Lotus today?

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Brands Hatch Sunday for me :animier:

I shall look forward to seeing you and the money pit (if of course Mrs Kearley is going With), and that loverly silver Lotus I've read sooooo much about!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wash and wax.

The first layer Autoglym super resin polish and now after that extra gloss protection. Left it to dry overnight.

What brands or types of the car wax are You using?

Frankly, it has been approx 10 years since I have waxed my car personally. I am so lazy that I usually use the "professional" for that, but now I am not prepared to leave my Esprit for the care of some youngster, who might take the test drive...

Has there been any significant advancement in the car wax deparament in recent years or are the good old trusted products still the top?

For a while I considered using the boat wax, but thought that it would be too abrasive.

"Older I get, faster I was"

Try Bilt-Hamber Finis Wax beat the Collinite 476 super double coat wax in auto express and the Collinite was always the winner.

The Collinite is derived from a boat wax and is non abrasive hard work to put on and buff but lasts ages am now using the Finis Wax bit easier  to apply and buff not powdery at all and lasts even longer than the Collinite  remember they are both hard waxes in tins and last ages but do need time to apply but well worth it in the end

Happy Polishing :)

Found a winning formula for black paintwork on an old forum post elsewhere and works for me ?

2 coats: Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish - 16 oz
1 coat: Blackfire BlackIce Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax - 7.4oz
1 coat or as many as you like admiring yourself in the reflection: Pinnacle Crystal Mist - Carnauba Detailing Spray - 16oz

• Gold FFM

On Friday I discovered a very annoying whistle coming from the LH mirror that was recently replaced. First testdrive was good, but after the final adjustments I got a clear whistle from 40mph, growing quite loud at 50mph and unbearable at 70mph. A serious problem with a 400mile trip to Festival planned! So I changed the angle between the mirror frame and the body ever so slightly and voila, no more whistles, even at higher speeds. :)

Al ready for tomorrow!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Yep, if I'm not in a hurry, I don't really mind sitting in traffic and watching peoples reactions either. I am usually nice to Beetles though, there is often even a sort of connection when moving side by side in a queue, knowing both cars are eager for an opportunity to flex there muscles again (at which point it's no longer side by side of course :-) ).

I was lucky enough not to have too much traffic or rain on my evening run yesterday, so could enjoy the drive even more. After a couple of days with the Range, just getting into the Esprit is all it takes to give me a grin from ear to ear.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.