free hit
counters
Ignition leads, same as other Esprit or Excel? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hants34

Ignition leads, same as other Esprit or Excel?

Hi, I plan to upgrade my leads to Magnecor KV85 but can't seem to find a definitive answer online about which leads I need. Some retailers advise that mine are the same as Turbo and SE, others differ and the same for the Excel comparison. Mine's a '90 Esprit 2.2 NA

Grateful for assistance

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I used their website 

http://www.magnecor.co.uk/catalogue-applications.asp

and looked it up in the 2016 Application price list PDF that's accessed from that page. For me it was set 45140 and I think it would be the same for you as yours is an N/A. Even though your coil box is a slightly different design the position of the coil relative to the distributor  is pretty much the same  and the spark plug leads would be the same on both our cars so it's  only the length of the coil lead that might differ. I can measure the coil lead I've got if you want and if it's the same length as the one you are replacing you'd be reasonably safe in ordering that set.

If that doesn't give you what you need Magnacor offer a custom set service where you can specify exactly what you want based upon the dimensions and specs of your existing leads and they will make them to order

Thanks Choppa, most appreciated. My coil lead is 20" with an angled fitting to the coil, would you mind seeing how that compares to yours?

On 14/03/2016 at 18:58, hants34 said:

Hi, I plan to upgrade my leads to Magnecor KV85 but can't seem to find a definitive answer online about which leads I need. Some retailers advise that mine are the same as Turbo and SE, others differ and the same for the Excel comparison. Mine's a '90 Esprit 2.2 NA

Grateful for assistance

Thanks

Martin

The leads will certainly be different for a N/A and for an SE, as the latter doesn't have a distributor, so no main lead. The distance to the coils is also a bit more.

Thanks Choppa and Filip for your help. Leads ordered and will give an update after fitting and tuning.

Cheers