Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
OOPS - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

OOPS

clivef38

Just bought an Elan M100 to run around untill i can get the Elite back on the road. Am i crackers or what. I now have a four and a half hour drive from Norfolk to Burnley to get it.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Got an Elan M100 SE a couple of weeks ago. A totally under rated car. It can be slung around corners like no other front wheel drive car.

If I don't get all the leather work back for the Excel in time for the Historic Monaco, we will be using it instead. 

It Has an MOT until 2017 but as things stand i will bring it back on an A frame too much going on at the moment so should be on the road for 1st of April. Fool or what. So will be out for April meeting. Still miss driving the Elite.

• 2 months later...

Damn. I've just done an OOPS too - just bought an Elan+2.

Was on ebay as an "Elan+2S 'project" so looked at it on Thursday evening as I was in the area prior to going to the Lion & Lamb pub - M100 owners do.

Everything looked fine apart from lack of headlight lifting - think I could hear a vac hiss from front of car.  Engine ran fine, good oil pressure, temp came up Ok & twin DCOE's sounded lovely...

Was watching it tonight sitting at 1/3rd of market value with a minute to go and thinking somebody is going to get a bargain...  so why not me?   Click, click ...  OOPS !.

Always fancied one when I stopped motor racing but bought a Scimitar SE5 GTE instead, then SE5A, then Eclat Riviera and M100 Elans...  How do I tell my wife?

On 3/15/2016 at 19:42, clivef38 said:

It Has an MOT until 2017 but as things stand i will bring it back on an A frame too much going on at the moment so should be on the road for 1st of April. Fool or what. So will be out for April meeting. Still miss driving the Elite.

Clive, how did the M100 tow on an A frame?  Do you reckon it would work for the Elan+2 behind a Subaru Forester with towball?

• Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

That's so nice of you to buy the wife a suprise summer car !!! How thoughtful.

course if she doesn't like it - well you'll have to keep it until those little jobs are done

Only here once

Hi Phil. The m100 towed realy well behind my SAAB 9-5 Aero. The only thing is the ground clearance st the front so as long as the front is no lower than the M100 i dont see a problem also it's a lot more stable than a trailer. 

• Gold FFM

Another Ooops this week, glad it's catching. I had an oops on Saturday and landed with an excel SE. Honestly it's for the wife. Now to convince myself to keep her tuned M100 as an extra toy. And here was me thinking I was being good last year by clearing out all my excess cars to a reasonable amount. Ah well it's her fault.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2016 at 22:47, clivef38 said:

Hi Phil. The m100 towed realy well behind my SAAB 9-5 Aero. The only thing is the ground clearance st the front so as long as the front is no lower than the M100 i dont see a problem also it's a lot more stable than a trailer. 

Don't think a +2 is any lower than M100 so it should work. Did you hire one or have you got one I could borrow for suitable compensation?

• Gold FFM

I will confess all next week, but I wanted a G Esprit and could have bought an absolute mint one off of someone on here ( who is a true gent by the way ) but house resto is going through the roof so budget was cut to zero. Except with some man math, a few beers in a hotel,on my own, in Newcastle it just wasn't. 

And this is where I get worried, I have bought something else after and I quote a comment from my lovely wife " please no more cars" this was 4 weeks ago so huge, huge "oops" 

I i am thinking of getting a windscreen sticker saying, " this is better than an  ISA' then putting it in the garage and let's see what happens. 

The 'no more cars' sounds like you may be in trouble...

My wife said 'Can't you get rid of some' - but didn't say I couldn't get any more, though it may have been implied...

What was your 'OOPS' car?

• Gold FFM

Well it's a Lotus. I am not being a knob about this it is subject to inspection so I will find out on Sat two things 

a) I am still married 

b) the cars ok 

and I hope in that order 

• Like 1

Good Luck then.

My excuse is 'You don't see many +2S Elans for £8k so it's an investment. No MOT because headlamps don't come up, but I can fix that and get an MOT and drive it for a while to check it's reliable before I sell it at a profit. No Road Tax to pay either'...  just might take a few years to check it's reliable ....

5 hours ago, Dan E said:

its a mobile ISA thats the way i see it :ermm:

Think we are going along the same path. Think ISA's are a waste of time anyway. Interest may be tax free but they all pay very little interest even for the first year, and then it drops to something which is just insulting. Barclays are now paying me 0.8% for my old Cash ISA which equates to just enough for 1 pint of Guinness per month so I'm turning that into the Elan+2S. 

• Like 1

What a good mate you are !  Got a room for me ?:P

Sorry Phil i meant to back to you before this. I dont have an A frame i used a mates brothers who is based near Wisbech.