free hit
counters
Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts - Page 22 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not my pictures, but as I now have a (tentative) collection date and everything seems solid, I'd like to introduce to you all the conclusion to my search. Some changes have been made to the car s

I come from Jap rally replica background (JDM scoob & evos). I change cars every 18 months, but have owned a '06 Impreza Spec C Type RA for 10 years, which is an absolute keeper for weekend thrash

Car is still on temporary reg, should be changing over next week

Posted Images

I had a meeting today which went extremely well, and means my business deal might be back on track. Annoyingly I have work coming up that means I may not have the time to get a car until May, but I hope to have a deposit on a car this weekend. Which is nice, I can see an end in sight now and I am sure the forum will breathe a great sigh of relief when I finally push the button.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Sorry to disappoint, but I really don't think anyone really cares anymore. They just see it as noise... :rolleyes:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

If you have a way of getting a multi-national company to change their invoicing policy just for me, I am all ears ;)

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

I'm very tempted to turn that into an American Express ad. Would appeal to "da kidz"

Only living once is very much my reasoning behind buying the car. You just never know what'll happen next, so enjoy it while you can. I'm fairly young but only about six months younger than when my father had his first heart attack

James Martin (JayEmm)

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Sorry to disappoint, but I really don't think anyone really cares anymore. They just see it as noise... :rolleyes:

At one point in this thread many pages ago (i dont remember where), I clicked to see replies.  I am now filling my email inbox with this thread.  Time to shut it down.  At this point, I think we've driven this test drive further than Voyager 1's travels beyond our solar system. 

I'll wait until delivery for the reveal. I have quite a few things planned already. The logistics of work and moving money about mean I probably won't be able to take delivery until the first week of May, but I am incredibly happy chappy.

As far as I know the specific car hadn't actually been advertised yet, my work yesterday took me within 3 miles of a dealership so I paid a visit. They had something which screamed "the one" to me, so this afternoon when my deposit from my kit sale came through I was on the phone and hammered out a deal.

Will soon be off to celebrate in the traditional fashion, talking down the pub with blokes about cars.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

About bloody time.

Although you're gonna be unbearable now, you're a bad enough spammer without a car, I dread to think how opinionated you'll be now you've got a car.

please try and reign in a little bit?

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

• Gold FFM

I don't know  whether to laugh, cry, or expire. That will be one long pub conversation. However, congrats on making the jump. Was it the M3 or the 911 you went for? ;)

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

PMSL @C8RKH I hope it was the M3 :lol:

Just now, C8RKH said:

I don't know  whether to laugh, cry, or expire. That will be one long pub conversation. However, congrats on making the jump. Was it the M3 or the 911 you went for? ;)

Boxster ;)

3 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

About bloody time.

Although you're gonna be unbearable now, you're a bad enough spammer without a car, I dread to think how opinionated you'll be now you've got a car.

please try and reign in a little bit?

Err... thanks?

James Martin (JayEmm)

Sorry, tried to be subtle elsewhere but it's clearly been too subtle. So thought I'd just say what many are thinking.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 minute ago, CocoPops said:

Sorry, tried to be subtle elsewhere but it's clearly been too subtle. So thought I'd just say what many are thinking.

I'm sorry I mistook this forum for a place to talk about cars?

Just now, series_one said:

Congrats.

400 or S1?   

PS. seems you need to post up your tax return or wealth level these days, so chop chop ;)  :D

Thankyou. My tax return should be easy as new new purchases has levelled my finances to fairly close to zero ;)

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

51 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Minor update. I put a deposit down on a car.

Hope you have enough left for the first round

hindsight: the science that is never wrong