free hit
counters
Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts - Page 25 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JayEmm

Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts

Same here, apart from the Breitling.

I know of a few others as well, perhaps we should start a group defamation action against Andy :lol:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Also what's the case for some people Andy is that they want a performance car in a package that's relatively unassuming. The original TTRS I believe was quicker than the base r8, but to the untrained eye looked like a slightly tarted up TT. That appeals to many people. The same as there are guys I guess who need a practical, family estate car but want something that'll do the Nurburgring in eight minutes and for whatever reason can only have one car - hence M5 etc..

Me, I am done with stealthy boring performance cars for now.

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Same here, apart from the Breitling.

I know of a few others as well, perhaps we should start a group defamation action against Andy :lol:

I'm not an accountant, but can I join in just for shits and giggles? :P

2 hours ago, Neal H said:

Andy, what have you got against accountants? I'm an accountant. I drive a Lotus, wear a Breitling and don't like Audi's. Accountants are cool B-)

Lotus driving accountants rock!

11 hours ago, Gm77 said:

Lotus driving accountants rock spreadsheets!

:lol:

Neal. In all walks of life there are exceptions to the rule. And like Lotus, you are one.

I salute you and respect you. The other 99% of accountants who drive Oooodi's, meh.......

True story. Met my internal Account accountant in Woking last week. We were chatting away doing our account forecasts, month end summaries etc. I turned to him and innocently said so Lloyd, bet you drive an Ooooodi. He nearly fell off his seat and looked at me totally bemused and said "yeah, I drive an A6. How did you know, did you see me drive in to work?". No I said. I just made an educated guess based on the fact that you would have built a spreadsheet model that proved that an Oooodi was the right car for you. He gave me a worried smile based on my reasoning as if to say WTF that does not compute.  Nuff said really.

My Indistry has been totally destroyed by Accountants, albeit internal company ones. Hence my views. As I said on another post I love sweeping generalisations.

Oh, and lets not forget that many who were on watch on the boards of banks in the banking crisis were, wait for it, accountants, were they not?  Ever chasing quarterly improvements to justify earnings and expectations. In the good old days great businesses were run by good businessmen, not accountants / finance managers.

I am heavily prejudiced though as you can see and I do realise I may be wrong. Unlike most accountants :)

• Like 2

Yep nice colour - very nice colour - not sure that's available on BMW, Audi or pork!!!

you must be like a kid waiting for Xmas now

Yes Barry I can't wait! 

Porsche do a fair few yellow cars, BMW used to do a nice yellow on the Z4. I love it as a colour. it's a family weakness!

was at the Central Lotus (phase 1) open weekend this morning and took their demonstrator 400 for a drive

very impressive sound track with improved (manual) gear change over the Evora S and Exige V6 and no not saying there is anything wrong with their gear change it just felt better

On 30 April 2016 at 17:00, DarrylV8 said:

was at the Central Lotus (phase 1) open weekend this morning and took their demonstrator 400 for a drive

very impressive sound track with improved (manual) gear change over the Evora S and Exige V6 and no not saying there is anything wrong with their gear change it just felt better

I tested a 400 yesterday. Kept trying to change from 2nd to 5th such is the reduction in spacing between the gears from the Evora S! It's definitely a big improvement in my opinion....  But like you say - the old one still works perfectly well!

I didn't have any such problems on my 400 test drives, but then I was getting out of a peugeot van so it was nice to know when you let the clutch out a gear would be there!

I have to say when I first drove the Evoras (an S, and a 400) I could sense the improvements made between the two but I certainly didn't feel the early car had many "problems" - the gear shift was fine, as was getting in and out. I can appreciate if you are a bit older or an unusual shape/size getting in and out of the early car might be tricky but it didn't seem difficult to me - certainly a different league to the Exige/Elise. Having heard so many disparaging remarks about the gearshift of Lotus cars, the 400 in particular I felt the gearbox was a highlight of the car. It was a real joy to use.

Ok ok. I give in. Lotus driving accountants are the exception to the rule and you're all super guys.

I guess I need to refine my prejudice, though it will come back the next time our Finance Manager dreams up yet another Excel spreadsheet mascarading as a computer system that we need to fill out. After all, why have one system to put numbers into when you could have 20?

The logic of Finance kills me. FD reduces costs by sacking all his junior finance people he paid peanuts, so that the guys and gals the company pays twice as much too need to stop doing what they are paid to do to do what his junior finance people did.  He says he's downsized, reduced his budget and is a hero. Aye right. Every other bugger is doing the work now, paid for elsewhere, and nowhere near as quick or efficient as the junior finance people. Happens everywhere and you wonder why I have a negative view ;)  I know, I'm just a cantankerous old bugger.

Let's just enjoy our cars and stop talking about oooooodi's et al.

Congrats James.

You must be over the moon.

I look forward to hearing more once you've received it - and lots of phots please!

Thanks Dave & All

I'm just going through the final motions of getting it paid for. Not being helped by the company I am dealing with having a finance director who doesn't seem to understand the concept of paying for something BEFORE you get it.

Still, fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, JayEmm said:

I am dealing with having a finance director who doesn't seem to understand the concept of paying for something BEFORE you get it.

Still, fingers crossed.

... you'll start Andy off again! :P

• Like 2

On that topic, he's free to rant away. In fact, I bet the nice space behind his seats is the perfect size for bundling someone up to erm, "dispose" of them :)

• Like 1

That yellow 400 looks the nuts. Congrats!

On 30/04/2016 at 14:48, JayEmm said:

It will eventually be wearing the number plate E4 VRA :)

You can take your plate off instantly on the DVLA website now - https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number.  The retention certificate comes through in a couple of days, so you could just get the dealer to register the car on that plate if you wanted.

It's now got a plate, I will transfer it when I take delivery. Mostly due to my impatience and wanting to get the car ASAP.

On that subject I've got all the big business stuff out the way, now it's just me, the dealer and the DVLA. Which is proving to be much more frustrating than it really should be