free hit
counters
Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts - Page 27 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts

They're working on 460 and 500 kits aren't they? An Evora "500" would be awesome. As far as I understand it the engine is perfectly capable, the gearbox not so much

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not my pictures, but as I now have a (tentative) collection date and everything seems solid, I'd like to introduce to you all the conclusion to my search. Some changes have been made to the car s

I come from Jap rally replica background (JDM scoob & evos). I change cars every 18 months, but have owned a '06 Impreza Spec C Type RA for 10 years, which is an absolute keeper for weekend thrash

Car is still on temporary reg, should be changing over next week

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

But then there is nothing stopping you putting the KT430 OR 460 on the 400 is there and no doubt KT will be working on 400 specific upgrades.

I'm surprised you did not decide to go Exige 430 to Evora 410. Surely a moe appropriate route?

Yes and no. If I want the Evora its for its usability, it dosn't make sense to me to go to an Evora 410, I would prefer to stick to the Exige. Also in terms of upgrades I would not want to change the exhaust on the 400, Lotus got it spot on, it just sounds perfect. Maybe the cold air intake and ECU tune to extract an additional 30+ hp.

7 hours ago, JayEmm said:

They're working on 460 and 500 kits aren't they? An Evora "500" would be awesome. As far as I understand it the engine is perfectly capable, the gearbox not so much

500 needs new internals. 460 is the addition of the inter cooler (in S1 models). The quoted ££ for a 500 (on a replacement engine basis) was quite staggering...

There certainly isn't an option for it in the options list, I am fairly sure there is a reason the LSD was deleted from the auto cars.

As far as I know the auto is more fragile than the manual, perhaps the LSD is too much strain for it

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

It's a completely different gearbox and as far an I'm aware there's no LSD option available for it. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

When's the big day? Is it tomorrow?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Maybe when it came to handing over the money he ran away to the BMW shop and got an X6M!

Hope not........

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Keep a look out for the elusive Jayemm bird submerged in shame in an X6m in the shallows. It'll be hard because it might be a metallic grey one.

Come on @JayEmm, you know it's bloody dangerous to go AWOL on this forum with all the old buggers on here..... ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Haven't spotted him in the shallows so far Andy. Here's Heather giving the dog some instruction though. "Now Belushi, you find him, and you bring him back........."

:lol:

image.jpeg

He will be at the Colchester meet tomorrow afternoon, hopefully so we can admire his new purchase B-) which had better not be some German crap

I"ll be taking some tools with me, which will double as torture tools (pliers for pulling teeth etc), to use in the interrogation just in case he turns up without it :lol:

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Colin G said:

Didn't @JayEmm say it was yesterday? Maybe finally owning one has actually left him lost for posts...........

:lol:

He's probably out driving it and you're not allowed to use your phone wile driving and he probably has his hands full anyway. :) v

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

That's it - I'm getting it in quick while he's clearly not about

All geeeerman cars are piles of utter steaming elephant dung.

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

you mean he has gone and got a geeerman after all the talk. Dont think so, he knows he will have loads and loads of bullshit to suffer.

• Gold FFM

image.jpeg

id rather have one of these than anything German!!

plenty of space for golf clubs too if that's your idea of ruining a good walk :sofa:

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

better than any Tesla that thing, and in Ernie's hands it was the fastest around the 'ring....

• Like 2