free hit
counters
Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts - Page 28 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JayEmm

Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts

Not a good picture but you get the idea

1-Collecti084c.jpg

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is this the real reason it took so long to reveal the car? Have you been staying up late with airfix enamel paints?

Haven't seen that before but looks good. Congratulations.

No, main reason was getting the money together as there was a hiccup at Easter - set me back a bit but managed to get it all sorted. The last fortnight has just been getting everything in place.

James Martin (JayEmm)

That's his job, it's not that funny! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinematographer

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Oh, haha! He's a cinematographer, not a photographer! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Said photo is a screengrab from a video, hence it doesn't work that well

James Martin (JayEmm)

Very very nice. Congratulations. Pictures of the interior please and those seat rears.....

@Cocopops will be very jealous I'm sure. He likes yellow things.....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Thankyou gents. I will get some better pictures of the seat rears when I can. They're buggers to photograph as it's not a particularly spacious car to get in the back!

Fortunately the side of the seats is quite deep so looking in the side window you still appreciate what's gone on, just lifts the interior a little bit IMHO. It's leather with contrast stitching.

Other options are cruise, black pack, forged black wheels, all the usual refinements.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Seat backs looked very good in the flesh :thumbup:, something for Coco to consider :)

Painted seat backs no good for me, I doubt they would stand up to kiddies.

I am quite jealous of the car over all though. :thumbsup:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I think if you were putting little ones in the back I would just ask for a triple order of lacquer!

James Martin (JayEmm)

13 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Thankyou gents. I will get some better pictures of the seat rears when I can. They're buggers to photograph as it's not a particularly spacious car to get in the back!

Fortunately the side of the seats is quite deep so looking in the side window you still appreciate what's gone on, just lifts the interior a little bit IMHO. It's leather with contrast stitching.

Other options are cruise, black pack, forged black wheels, all the usual refinements.

Oh silly me, and here was me thinking that the BEST THING IN THE WORLD was that the Evora was a +2. Oh, so you can't get in the back. I'm so glad I bought a +0 then.  hahahaha, oh yes, keep lining the balls up and I'll kick them. Back of the net. Sick. Oh that made me so very happy (oooppps, that's another topic, sorry for going Off Topic there!)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Congrats.  Looks great, and especially like the seat backs.

You must be chuffed to nuts!

Just the seat backs. I had actually requested the "LOTUS" logo in the centre be put back, I appear to be in a minority that like it, but it's not available anymore!

The only other thing I got chucked in with the deal were a couple of Lotus branded items of clothing ;)

I'll probably make more changes as I go along, I've no particular interest in originality - that being said the car's damn good as standard. It's mostly the stereo I am paying attention to, the speaker in the back doesn't seem to be doing anything (I've done the audio setup guide)

James Martin (JayEmm)

There is.

This does have the distinction of being the only car I've ever owned where I have absolutely zero intention of putting an aftermarket exhaust on it.

I'm currently undecided whether it's the second best sounding car I've ever heard ,or the joint first

James Martin (JayEmm)

The exhaust is the only noise I care about in the back, I barely even use the stereo to be honest.

Jay. Love the seat backs, really lifts the interior and is very very classy in my book. Congrats on a truly stunning looking car.

• Like 1