free hit
counters
Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts - Page 29 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts

Thanks Andy. My neighbour had a good look at it this evening, and a passenger ride. He thought I was going to buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini but he reckoned I had made the right choice. I can't help but agree, this thing really is quite special.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not my pictures, but as I now have a (tentative) collection date and everything seems solid, I'd like to introduce to you all the conclusion to my search. Some changes have been made to the car s

I come from Jap rally replica background (JDM scoob & evos). I change cars every 18 months, but have owned a '06 Impreza Spec C Type RA for 10 years, which is an absolute keeper for weekend thrash

Car is still on temporary reg, should be changing over next week

Posted Images

It is something I considered and still am, but didn't want to go too over the top just yet. I will see how I get on, but I can see another splash of yellow finding its way into the car soon.

James Martin (JayEmm)

In an Esprit GT3...

Lotus_EspritGT3_04.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Very much so. There's lots of cars from the 90s which look great from outside still, not as many who look as good on the inside. 

James Martin (JayEmm)

Wash your mouth out with soap and read this. Consider it an education.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/our-news/lotus-esprit-first-and-last/

Esprits are works of art, lest we forget. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The interiors on both those Esprits work well, in their own ways. Didn't the GT3 get an updated interior too at some point? I've sat in one and I am sure it was more like the V8 in your article.

In terms of embarrassing interiors, the Bugatti EB110 is hard to beat - I can't believe this was ever deemed acceptable for a brand that sees itself as the purveyor of the ultimate automobile.

1347973192_300x300.jpg

James Martin (JayEmm)

19 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Car is still on temporary reg, should be changing over next week

DSC00025_lac4f.jpg

I'm loving the colour coordinated petrol station picture. In future I think I'll always buy my fuel at Shell.

Fantastic looking machine.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
20 hours ago, Danelaw said:

I thought they all had seats?

20 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Optional extra these days ?

Seat backs are painted to match the car.

Bloody hell guys. Here's me worrying about maybe being out of work at the end of this trip, but still seriously thinking, can I still afford the Evora. And now you throw a spanner in the works buy indicating that the bloody seat's may be an option extra. Tell me, do you also have to pay to get the seat backs painted, or can you leave them bare to save a few hundred quid.

Go on, kick a man when he's down.  :o:(

14 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

Bloody hell guys. Here's me worrying about maybe being out of work at the end of this trip, but still seriously thinking, can I still afford the Evora. And now you throw a spanner in the works buy indicating that the bloody seat's may be an option extra. Tell me, do you also have to pay to get the seat backs painted, or can you leave them bare to save a few hundred quid.

Go on, kick a man when he's down.  :o:(

I'm sure Lotus Exclusive would do it for you but in my case the seat back painting was done by the dealer. To my knowledge it isn't an option at all.... yet.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Just spotted a McLaren P1 for sale at Coutts in yellow (just £2million being asked) and noticed this has yellow seat belts to match the exterior colour. There are pictures on the interweb if you're interested.

• Gold FFM

"Welcome, blackside". :lol:

There are a few comedians on here for sure. I will certainly check in and tip my hat as you suggest

• Like 1

I know it's only anecdotal, but judging from recent posts on here it seems that sales of the Evora 400/410 are now really picking up, both within the Lotus community and also from first time Lotus buyers. If true then that's great news for everyone concerned.

• Like 1

So today whilst having some small warranty items sorted on the Exige I had the Evora demo to drive for half an hour.  

Now it's been  18 months since I sold my Evora S, so it was great to be back in an Evora. How well do these cars ride :)

WOW to the gearchange.  Sooooo much better than the previous car.  Rifle bolt changes.  Very impressed.

Then the exhaust noise ....oh that noise is intoxicating at full pelt.  A real howl and up with best sound of any sport cars in my humble opinion.   On the opposite end of the scale I was impressed how quiet the car was with the exhaust closed.  Almost a hybrid lol   

However I did find the new seats higher than the old recaros and not quite as supportive.  Personally I like to sit low in a car, so that one could take getting used to.  

Overall a great car and can't wait to see how the roadster looks, as the bubble roof has always seemed a tad too high for my liking.  

Well done Lotus !!!!

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

13 hours ago, DJW said:

However I did find the new seats higher than the old recaros and not quite as supportive.  Personally I like to sit low in a car, so that one could take getting used to. 

I still believe that this is an illusion resulting from the lower sills and revised front dash trim which don't give the wrap around feel of the previous model