free hit
counters
Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts - Page 30 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora 400 Test Drive... Thoughts

Not sure, I did feel I was sat higher, eye line to sun visor for example.

I've not tried back to back so couldn't confirm but I think I do sit marginally higher in 400.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not my pictures, but as I now have a (tentative) collection date and everything seems solid, I'd like to introduce to you all the conclusion to my search. Some changes have been made to the car s

I come from Jap rally replica background (JDM scoob & evos). I change cars every 18 months, but have owned a '06 Impreza Spec C Type RA for 10 years, which is an absolute keeper for weekend thrash

Car is still on temporary reg, should be changing over next week

Posted Images

I'll be having a look at the seat structure in my 400 and seeing if there is a way of lowering it at all.

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

I still believe that this is an illusion resulting from the lower sills and revised front dash trim which don't give the wrap around feel of the previous model

Someone with access to old and new model needs to take a tape measure from seat to roofline to sort this one and for all :)

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

No need, Lotus confirm that the 400 seats are slightly higher.

• Like 1

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

Just now, fesuvious said:

No need, Lotus confirm that the 400 seats are slightly higher.

Was going to say dealer had said the same, when I mentioned height of seat 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I sat in a Sports racer, "S" and a 400 before I bought my 400. The totally unscientific "how many fingers above my head" test said you're a similar height from the roof in all of them. I believe the sparcos have room under them for feet to go from rear occupants. I don't know of any way of lowering them sadly, they may wind up being replaced in the future which is a shame as they look great.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw a 400 in the flesh today when I took my car to B&C for a service. Like the original, it looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in photos, the blue one in the show room looked really lovely. My only criticism is that while the interior layout has clearly been improved, it looked a little dull to me in black leather, and I think i'd have to go for red, or better still, something from Lotus Exclusive.

I decided not to arrange a test drive at the moment as I'd probably get carried away, but if a couple of deals come off later this year then I may well go back. Luckily, Jamie wasn't about when I popped in!

I agree Inky - the black interior needs a little lift. You can get colour co-ordinated stitching, or in my case I had the seat backs done at dealer.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com